Newcastle United 1 - 1 Mackems - 01/02/09 - Post match reaction from page 26

JH

Wasn't Chris Waddle known as "Jigsaw" because he went to pieces in the box? Jonas is the same. He's great at running but when he gets to the final third he usually picks the wrong option. He never shoots and he doesn't seem to cross either. He always tries to pass it.

Enrique had a good game and was probably our most creative, attacking player.

Oh, and for anyone who watched this on Sky like me..

Did you feel f***ing insulted by the way they carried out the pre-match build up? They had 30 minutes and it was split up to roughly 15-20 minutes talking about Liverpool & Robbie Keane, a 5 minute interview with Sbragia about his career and build up to getting the Sunderland job and then a 5 minute chat at SJP which couldn't be heard because of the crowd.

It was a f***ing joke and an insult. Newcastle is my club and I pay for Sky to see the matches and I want to hear about the f***ing matches, not a top of the table snore-fest that has f*** all to do with the two f***ing teams that are about to f***ing play!

Absolutely disgusting way to go about things, especially when they had plenty of time to talking about the f***ing Pool Chelsea game WHEN THEY AIRED IT AFTER OURS!

f***ing idiots.

Brilliantly said. I was actually about to start a thread on this I was so annoyed!

They briefly skim through the team news for Newcastle and sunderland, ask Ruud fucking cunt Guillit why he left Shearer out of the derby he managed.......and then start talking about Robbie fucking Keane and Benitez!! Give me a fucking break!

And now, their discussing it on 'The Last Word'!!!  :angry:

Our game was so much bigger and exciting than that old sack of shit! We dont pay good money to listen to Jamie Redknapp blab on about cheating Liverpool during a NEWCASTLE game!

CUNTS!

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Harper - Three great saves - 7

Taylor - solid today, covered well, attacked well in 2nd half - 7

Enrique - best game he's had for NUFC - 8.5

Bassong - Best player in the world at the moment - 10

Coloccini - At fault for the goal, but otherwise solid - 7

Nolan - did well to clear off the line, solid debut - 6

Butt - passing was better than normal - 7

Duff - shite in the first-half, improved in the second - 5

Jonas - scared the mackems to death, constantly fouled - 8

Carroll - limited player, limited impact, full of effort - 6

Ameobi - ...................massive balls for the pen - 6

-------

Lovenkrands - did well in the closing minutes - 6

Edgar - best throw-in I've ever seen - 9

Wasn't Chris Waddle known as "Jigsaw" because he went to pieces in the box? Jonas is the same. He's great at running but when he gets to the final third he usually picks the wrong option. He never shoots and he doesn't seem to cross either. He always tries to pass it.

I thought it was Lee Clark who was called jigsaw

I thought it was Lee Clark who was called jigsaw

You maybe right. I don't know for certain either way.

Maybe Jonas has the same shot on him as Duff I.e. piss weak.

Harper - Three great saves - 7

Taylor - solid today, covered well, attacked well in 2nd half - 7

Enrique - best game he's had for NUFC - 8.5

Bassong - Best player in the world at the moment - 10

Coloccini - At fault for the goal, but otherwise solid - 7

Nolan - did well to clear off the line, solid debut - 6

Butt - passing was better than normal - 7

Duff - s**** in the first-half, improved in the second - 5

Jonas - scared the mackems to death, constantly fouled - 8

Carroll - limited player, limited impact, full of effort - 6

Ameobi - ...................massive balls for the pen - 6

-------

Lovenkrands - did well in the closing minutes - 6

Edgar - best throw-in I've ever seen - 9

:lol:

relative to the other nufc players aye.

I agree his final ball was lacking, but seriously, i only chance was to give it to him. He ran his fuckin nuts off for 95mins, both attacking Bardsley and also made a few key defensive tackles.

relative to the other nufc players aye.

I agree his final ball was lacking, but seriously, i only chance was to give it to him. He ran his fuckin nuts off for 95mins, both attacking Bardsley and also made a few key defensive tackles.

He had a good game, ran constantly and did some good work at either end. Unfortunately he constantly failed to find a player in the box every time he beat his defender. People make excuses that he "isn't that sort of player" but even if they do have a different style/appproach a winger should still be able to whip in a few decent crosses a game, Jonas must have hit the first defender 95% of the time.