Ryan Taylor

Dave

I think it's purely retention of posession which is making people favour R-tay over O-bay. Taylor can pass a ball and usually manages to keep it, Obertan can not.

I can't wait till we get someone in who can keep posession well on the wings, we'll play so much better. Jonas is fine at it, not great, but his defensive contributions make up for it IMO.

Be nice if we could somehow merge Raylor and Obertan into one competent winger.

Fusion dance tbh [/DragonballZreference]

Fuuuusssiooonnn huuhh :lol: So sad i remembered that.

:laugh: Great show tbh O0

Was thinking of him on the right the other day. Imagine if we still had Barton there instead of Shitebulb and Raylor (who had a decent game tbh). Obertan has been such a big failure and while I dislike everything Barton brings to a team with his off the field antics, him on the right wouldve contributed to more points than we have this season.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Was thinking of him on the right the other day. Imagine if we still had Barton there instead of Shitebulb and Raylor (who had a decent game tbh). Obertan has been such a big failure and while I dislike everything Barton brings to a team with his off the field antics, him on the right wouldve contributed to more points than we have this season.

Imagine if we had Marveaux O0

I don't think Obertan has been a failure, I just don't think he makes the correct decisions. He can learn that kind of stuff. He's got enough ability to be a valuable asset.

I don't think he should start, though.

I don't think Obertan has been a failure, I just don't think he makes the correct decisions. He can learn that kind of stuff. He's got enough ability to be a valuable asset.

I think he's thick as pigshit and he is years away from having football intelligence grinded in to him, he's certainly not going to learn it on the training ground or from regular football anytime soon and why Fergie dumped his arse.

Mike, you back on the drugs? Come on man, you love the Knicks and Bills and now you tell me Obertan aint shit. You must be sitting in a lunatic asylum typing that. :pow:

:thup:

:thup: My feelings exactly. I'm still holding out hope that he'll turn good but in the meantime, should be on the bench.

I think Raylor had a very good game v Manure, and I was really pleased to see him get a game somewhere other than LB. I would start him any time over Simpson at RB; he panics less, can pass, and cross. Simpson's floated crosses (apart from OG v Everton) come to not a jot. Better at right midfield than Obertan by a mile, so for me he has become a valuable person to have around - and can put them over the wall! Raylor and Santon at full back would make us very competitive IMO.

Typical performance really, at times he shows brilliant technique but at others he fucked up some very basic stuff. IMO Obertan is a much better option in right midfield.

disagree Ian, I thought the team looked significantly more functional with Raylor instead of Obertan. He was much more decisive in that he either passed it short, quickly, or he carried the ball for a bit and then tried to find a man. Obertan's just head down for 15 seconds dancing around the ball making absolutely no progress while the other team get 10 men behind the ball

He was alright at right wing except for when he and simpson tried to pass between themselves. I counted atleast 3 times where they were playing basic passes to eachother and ended up giving it away.

Mike, you back on the drugs? Come on man, you love the Knicks and Bills and now you tell me Obertan aint shit. You must be sitting in a lunatic asylum typing that. :pow:

:lol: You did the :pow: like you didn't mean it.

He's not bad! He just picks the worst possible play almost every time. Someone needs to put a hand on his shoulder, that's all. Sit him down with some film, wear out the pause button.

He could be a hero for us if he ever calms the fuck down.

What's your definition of superb as a matter of interest?...

su·perb/so͞oˈpərb/

Adjective: Excellent. Impressively splendid: "a superb statue of Osiris".

Synonyms:splendid - magnificent - gorgeous - grand - excellent

Obertan should clearly be brought on as a sub for last 15 minutes (if he is to be used at all), his extra pace against a tired right back would be worthwhile. His pace is good earlier in pitch but isn't good enough to take advantage. The extra comparative pace as impact sub may make up for this.

I have seen him be decent, but a long long long way from consistent.

As for Raylor, wouldn't object to him starting ahead of Obertan on right, not done brilliant against Man U but at least he wouldn't tease me with a promising run so much XD