Ryan Taylor

Dave

I may have said this over 5 times now in this thread but i really like him, he's not the greatest player/athlete  we've had but he gives it all, and he does posses that bit of quality about him that actually makes a difference to the side, 2 goals and 4 assist and helping us keep a few clean sheets is a great contribution for him.

P.S: and he's the leading defender in the whole league in FF :D

I may have said this over 5 times now in this thread but i really like him, he's not the greatest player/athlete  we've had but he gives it all, and he does posses that bit of quality about him that actually makes a difference to the side, 2 goals and 4 assist and helping us keep a few clean sheets is a great contribution for him.

P.S: and he's the leading defender in the whole league in FF :D

Yep. The lad can put in a set piece delivery and score the odd goal. It's invaluable for a side like ours. Would look to move Simo on before Raylor.

Valuable squad player, he shouldn't be getting the amount of games he currently does but as someone who can come in and play a number of positions whilst being able to deliver that killer cross, pass, shot he really is very useful to have about.

Certainly moved up the ladder this season for me, same with Guthrie. Players like that would be perfect to compliment a few top players coming in this summer.

I agree. I'd be disappointed if he's in our first team next season, but I think it'd be a mistake to sell him. He's a very limited player in many ways but in spite of this his workrate and dead balls have impressed this season, he never gets injured and he's unlikely to cause a fuss if he's dropped for long spells.

Really has a important role to play as a midfield player. Really don´t think he is a regular starting player. But I won´t have a problem with him playing the odd games (like today) and may come in as a sub if we need his attributes.

Though, he should stay FAR, FAR AWAY from the back four.

Guest ykmkmdd

He does the basics well, is disciplined and a team player so can see why Pards likes him so much.

Don't like to see him in CM though, just isn't mobile enough.

Unless some manager has been misled by his statistics and whacks a daft bid in for him, it'd be a ridiculous decision to sell him.

He's a model 'squad player', who's got more game-time than he should have done this season thanks to failures in the transfer market. I would agree that if he gets as many games next season as he's had this (he's 4th highest in the appearances table for outfield players!), then something's afoot. But if you want to be a top 6 club then you need players like Ryan Taylor in the squad. He's improved drastically since his first 12 months at the club.

I see no reason for Taylor to go unless we get a few players this summer or a silly offer. He seems happy enough regardless of his face as being a squad player, he had limited playing time during promotion and last season yet didn't kick off. Whether he'd handle it as well now after playing so much is another matter. Unless we bought player that shifted him way down the pecking order I think we'd be daft to let him go.

I think it's pretty evident that Hughton's man-management of the bit-part players; Guthrie, R.Taylor, Perch and to an extent Lovenkrands must have been really shit. Pardew has managed to coax good performances out of all of them - particularly the first two I've listed. Every single one of these players looked shite under Hughton (I don't count the promotion season where Guthrie and Lovenkrands were actually first teamers).

One of the most important parts of management is making all the players seem part of the team effort, even the ones who aren't playing. Pardew seems pretty good at that, even Ben Arfa hasn't kicked off (yet) and Obertan is making the right noises as well.

Aye, it's a long fucking season, and with both cups and hopefully any sort of european football to come, every player should understand rotation and the need to come in and perfom well when needed.

I'd much rather play 18 times a season in a successful team, rather than 40 odd times in a struggling unit.

Raylor has certainly made a massive improvement this season. Thought he was dogshit for the last few years but this year, he's proved that he is a player who can do a job on either flank (be it as a fullback or a winger). Such versatility is an asset.

His delivery, free-kick-taking ability and shooting (all down to his technique) are great attributes and have certainly contributed to us winning games/earning points this season. Having said that, he is quite limited in terms of his general play which is why he shouldn't be a starter.

As some people have said, he's a great squad player and can be a dangerous option off the bench.

He's the perfect squad player. Very versatile and, like Obertan, isn't good enough to be starting but has one outstanding attribute which makes him a dangerous option from the bench.

:thup:

the less he is in the team the better, probably, but it would be daft to sell. his versatility and ability to strike a ball makes him valuable backup.

Just like having a back up girlfriend who has a good rack is reasonable in the sack and gives great head, but is not really a looker. Not bad but not the kind you wanna see each day or show off to your mates. But she is available 24/7 and does not complain when you dont pitch up for a while.

Now would you throw her number away? Not likely, unless you find a better option.

Squad player, nothing more, nothing less.  Although if he starts at centre mid with Guthrie on Sunday, I think we'll struggle.  He looked really poor there I thought.  I see him as cover for the full back positions and right wing, he is terrible in the middle of the park.

Never really moaned, scored against the mackems, seems to be an important figure in the dressing room and someone who can do a job in multiple positions.

To be quite honest, is there really any difference between Ryan and say Larsson? I'd say there's not much between the players. Both pretty static, both decent technically, both have decent strikes of the ball.

Never really moaned, scored against the mackems, seems to be an important figure in the dressing room and someone who can do a job in multiple positions.

To be quite honest, is there really any difference between Ryan and say Larsson? I'd say there's not much between the players. Both pretty static, both decent technically, both have decent strikes of the ball.

Well Larsson's an absolute cunt whereas Raylor is not. In terms of footballing ability, I'd take Raylor over Larsson any day.