Ryan Taylor

Dave

Guest Stephen927

Not quite sure where the benchwarmer insult comes from, for a lad who's played in 24 games this season. :lol:

Do enjoy footballers giving a bit of stick back to the people who slate them on Twitter like, as long as it's done tastefully of course.

he seems to bring the best out of jonas,

i cant remember jonas having a top game without raylor behind him, maybe the man utd game only.

i think when santon plays behind jonas, that takes away the attacking threat from jonas because he's too busy watching santon pushing forward and need to cover his tracks.

This.

Santon gets caught out too high up the pitch too often for me whereas like you say raylor and jonas seem to do well together.

Why do people do everything they can to justify playing Ryan Taylor?  He was found out at left back, he's been found out playing right wing and he'll get found out every time he plays.  Accept that he's not a very good footballer and let's move on and only use him when we have nobody else.  The reason he looked OK 2nd half against the mackems was because he was moved from midfield and we had a player who could actually play wide and spread our play over the full width of the pitch.  Taking Santon off was madness unless he was injured.  During the first half with Taylor playing we used 3/4 of the width of the pitch and we were ineffective because of it, he doessn't hold his position in defence and he doesn't hold his position in midfield.

Do we go back to playing him on the left side of defence until he's pulled a part again only to shoe horn him back to the right side.

I’ve got no problem with him playing in an emergency but that should be it, he should never be first choice.

Guest bimpy474

Any scenario anyone puts forward that doesn't involve Simpson (i'd go with Fergie LB and Santon RB) isn't going to happen.

It pains me to say it but Simpson is quite simply a Pardew favourite, if fit he plays....urgh............:(

Wing backs?  No Simpson or Raylor

-------------------Krul

--------Perch-----Willi-------Colo--------

Sant--------------------------------Jonas

-------------------Tioe

------Cab----------------------HBA

------------Cisse----------Ba

Guest bimpy474

Wing backs?  No Simpson or Raylor

-------------------Krul

--------Perch-----Willi-------Colo--------

Sant--------------------------------Jonas

-------------------Tioe

------Cab----------------------HBA

------------Cisse----------Ba

Actually not bad but you will grow a second bumhole before Pardew tries that like.

With a new CB and Saylor back from injury, I'd really like to see that but I bet a lot on here wouldn't ;D And Pardew wouldn't dare try it.

----------------Krul

------Sylor----Verto----Colo----------

Sant--------------------------Jonas

--------Cab------------Tiote

----------------HBA

-----Cisse-------------------Ba

People tend to give Taylor some support because the criticism is so f***ing ridiculous.

There's no way he's a 'shocking footballer' or rubbish or useless or terrible or whatever. So he's limited, but he's a decent enough backup and has put in a decent shift this season when called upon.

And no, it doesn't mean I think he's better than Ben Arfa, or that he's the next Roberto Carlos or whatever. There's too much emphasis on this forum of a player either being mint or f***ing s***. Well he's neither - he's just ok and there's nowt wrong with thinking that.

People tend to give Taylor some support because the criticism is so f***ing ridiculous.

There's no way he's a 'shocking footballer' or rubbish or useless or terrible or whatever. So he's limited, but he's a decent enough backup and has put in a decent shift this season when called upon.

And no, it doesn't mean I think he's better than Ben Arfa, or that he's the next Roberto Carlos or whatever. There's too much emphasis on this forum of a player either being mint or f***ing s***. Well he's neither - he's just ok and there's nowt wrong with thinking that.

Absolutely spot on, especially agree with the first sentence. I'm way more vehement in my defence of Taylor because people constantly slate him when he has an areet game.

:thup:

Yeah but he is crap and I agree with anyone who has this opinion. He's not 'ok' in the sense that he isn't good enough. Not being pedantic or anything I don't see much wrong with having this POV. Top bloke and professional; just not very effective at all.

Most of his games have been as first choice left back and now he's being played as first choice right winger.  He was played and brought off against Wolves yet he was still played in the same position next game with the same outcome, almost.  This time he has a shocker and he's moved to left back and a player who has had a better game is taken off, it's crazy.

Very few complain that he isn't good enough as cover, far too often he's not being used as cover.

Some sense spoken.