Ryan Taylor

Dave

Guest diddimz

You can walk in a straight line, even run at a canny pace. It's when you attempt to turn that your knee crumbles.

Well i couldn't stand, never mind walk! Guess i'm just a soft s****.

Took 18 months for my reconstruction, walking wasn't the issue it was doing fancy things like turning corners, kneeling down and picking up stuff that were difficult

The biggest unsung hero at the club. And f*** all the he isn't good enough s***, he has worked for 2 years to get back and gives his all every time. Has quality delivery and looked good at the start yesterday.

But how high can he jump?

The biggest unsung hero at the club. And f*** all the he isn't good enough s***, he has worked for 2 years to get back and gives his all every time. Has quality delivery and looked good at the start yesterday.

Didn't put in a good delivery against QPR and he managed on one corner to kick it straight out of play...at the other side of the pitch :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

The biggest unsung hero at the club. And fuck all the he isn't good enough shit, he has worked for 2 years to get back and gives his all every time. Has quality delivery and looked good at the start yesterday.

Do you know who else worked his arse off and worked hard to get back for a long time? Alan Smith, effort counts for nothing without quality. It's what talentless professionals invest in entirely because they themselves have no talent.

The biggest unsung hero at the club. And fuck all the he isn't good enough shit, he has worked for 2 years to get back and gives his all every time. Has quality delivery and looked good at the start yesterday.

Do you know who else worked his arse off and worked hard to get back for a long time? Alan Smith, effort counts for nothing without quality. It's what talentless professionals invest in entirely because they themselves have no talent.

I'm not sure that is true. Beckham and Ronaldo probably work as hard as anyone.

We all know Ryan Taylor isn't the best but at least he offers something a little different. Squad player. You always need one like this and he seems liked by the group

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not sure that is true. Beckham and Ronaldo probably work as hard as anyone.

We all know Ryan Taylor isn't the best but at least he offers something a little different. Squad player. You always need one like this and he seems liked by the group

He's still not good enough and no amount of hard work changes that. Beckham and Ronaldo obviously have quality and talent, that goes without saying.

Didn't put in a good delivery against QPR and he managed on one corner to kick it straight out of play...at the other side of the pitch :lol:

He did actually, put in a really good ball from a free-kick. That corner was awful mind, also should have scored twice.

From the Guardian

Is Moussa Sissoko Newcastle United’s Yaya Touré? Just how good might Ryan Taylor have been had he not suffered such wretched luck with injuries? Are QPR doomed to relegation? Can Newcastle qualify for Europe?

On Saturday’s evidence, the respective answers are: yes, extremely good, probably and possibly.

:dowie:

Guest firetotheworks

I still maintain that I would far rather have Ryan Taylor in that role alongside Abeid than Colback.

I'm one of Colback's biggest critics, but I don't think I'd go that far.

There isn't much Colback brings alongside someone who does his job and more, even discarding his set pieces (which are a massive positive in their own right) Taylor brings an extra edge over Colback in attack, even if it's still not brilliant and ideally he would be nowhere near the side. If it wasn't for the fact his knee is liable to explode with the added physicality playing in the middle brings I'd say it was a no contest tbh.

Colback'll keep the ball better like.

If Cisse couldn't score goals he'd be playing in non-league, it's a moot point.

Except a striker who scores goals while being ineffective outside the box still puts points on the board. A wing-back (?) who whips in a good free kick once in a while - and struggles with other aspects of the game - most certainly doesn't.

we've seen him slot into midfield comfortably before his injury too.

Only one game stands out, and he was sent off.

Raylor's hopeless, man. Awful defender, midfielder and winger who strikes a ball well. If he didn't have that in his locker he'd be playing non-league.

This basically. I feel for the guy but he's a terrible footballer. Give him a few games in central midfield and he'd be getting dog's abuse soon enough.

Raylor's hopeless, man. Awful defender, midfielder and winger who strikes a ball well. If he didn't have that in his locker he'd be playing non-league.

This basically. I feel for the guy but he's a terrible footballer. Give him a few games in central midfield and he'd be getting dog's abuse soon enough.

He's not great by any means but he's not non-league standard ffs.