Ryan Taylor

Dave

His technique at delivering the ball is absolutely superb; both from free-kicks and from the wing. Bizarre how utterly mediocre he is in every other aspect of the game. Definitely established a bit of a cult-hero status though now, as far as i'm concerned. Two sublime free-kicks that have helped win us two games on the bounce. The only similarity i can think of (and by that i mean, an unlikely scorer twice on the bounce) is Andy Griffin against Juve and Charlton (was it?).

Was decent tonight too.

His technique at delivering the ball is absolutely superb; both from free-kicks and from the wing. Bizarre how utterly mediocre he is in every other aspect of the game. Definitely established a bit of a cult-hero status though now, as far as i'm concerned. Two sublime free-kicks that have helped win us two games on the bounce. The only similarity i can think of (and by that i mean, an unlikely scorer twice on the bounce) is Andy Griffin against Juve and Charlton (was it?).

Was decent tonight too.

He was utter crap man. He's the first player to give it the big hoof under the slightest pressure on the ball. Thank god we got a set piece which he could score from to justify his presence on the pitch. Utter liability otherwise.

Was decent tonight too.

He was utter crap man. He's the first player to give it the big hoof under the slightest pressure on the ball. Thank god we got a set piece which he could score from to justify his presence on the pitch. Utter liability otherwise.

To be fair, I'd rather he just hoof the ball instead of trying to do anything with it.

Probably what he was told to do to begin with.

Simpson is getting worse and worse, doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes and spends the whole game blasting the ball into orbit and blaming everyone else for his miscued passes and shit clearances.  I used to think he was solid enough and improving, but he's regressed like fuck and I think he's a libaility.

Raylor is no world beater, but if Simpson is a better option at right back than him, then we're in bigtrouble.  At least Raylor will put the odd decent cross in, would do ok defensively if he had Jonas playing in front of him as well, showed that at the SOS I thought.

Was decent tonight too.

That would be Simpson.

Simpson is getting worse and worse, doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes and spends the whole game blasting the ball into orbit and blaming everyone else for his miscued passes and s*** clearances.  I used to think he was solid enough and improving, but he's regressed like f*** and I think he's a libaility.

Raylor is no world beater, but if Simpson is a better option at right back than him, then we're in bigtrouble.  At least Raylor will put the odd decent cross in, would do ok defensively if he had Jonas playing in front of him as well, showed that at the SOS I thought.

Simpson needs Barton in front of him, that's why he looked decent last season.

Raylors open play, although not world beating, isn't as bad as some people make out. Add in his delivery and free kicks, and I think he should be our starting RB.

Simpson has gone from potential England RB to shite very quickly. Next to the rest of our team, his hoofball just looks wrong.

Considering that we have Colo, Cabaye and Tiote around him playing good football, it's always going to annoy everyone when a player just taps the ball into touch when under a bit of pressure.

He should not be first choice right back ever regardless of how many free-kicks he scores.

3 each match?

:troll:

:lol: Well, obviously I think I'd start to revise my opinion if he was netting something like 10 per season.

Guest ykmkmdd

It is an interesting question - how many goals does he need to score before he's worth his place for set pieces alone, despite being inferior in other aspects of the game to other FB options?

Bit like Delap at Stoke - absolute dogshit in open play, but still the first name on the team sheet.

It is an interesting question - how many goals does he need to score before he's worth his place for set pieces alone, despite being inferior in other aspects of the game to other FB options?

Bit like Delap at Stoke - absolute dogshit in open play, but still the first name on the team sheet.

A bit like Kevin Nolan TBH.

It's a bit weird that for penalties and free kicks our best shouts, by some distance, are Shola and Ryan Taylor respectively.

We've never seen Sammy take a penna have we :shifty:

True, and have not seen him take a free kick either....

I suppose it will depend on Simpson's form really? He's been very so/so this season, its early I know, I don't think we would lose that much if Pieters came in at left back on Sunday and Taylor came in at RB.

I'd honestly keep him on the side, we look like we have no goal threat at all, the only real threat we have is when he's on set-pieces, we had 3 strikers on yesterday and they couldn't hit the target even if we  played 4 moer hours. so untill we sign a proper striker i'd happy to see him stay in the side.