Ryan Taylor

Dave

Much of a muchness really last night, but that was Simpson at his worst for a good while.

Think this might be slightly down to his Man Utd 'upbringing' i.e. he doesn't quite know what to do when he's faced with a very average footballer.

Much of a muchness really last night, but that was Simpson at his worst for a good while.

Fatigue from looking after a newly born premature baby perhaps?

A plausible explanation.

Guest Rey Mysterio

A plausible explanation.

Nah he's been shite for a long while now, well before Daddy Simpson.

People comparing their performances in open play from the last few games, imagine they were on the opposite flanks. Imagine how hopelessly shit Simpson would be having to use his left peg a fair amount of the time. Taylor is still way below average but given the amount of service Simpson has had in decent crossing positions, I bet he would produce far more quality without having to cut inside on his right all the time.

A plausible explanation.

Nah he's been shite for a long while now, well before Daddy Simpson.

People comparing their performances in open play from the last few games, imagine they were on the opposite flanks. Imagine how hopelessly shit Simpson would be having to use his left peg a fair amount of the time. Taylor is still way below average but given the amount of service Simpson has had in decent crossing positions, I bet he would produce far more quality without having to cut inside on his right all the time.

What I can't understand about Ryan Taylor is, why if he's considered a defender cum midfielder, he needs to whack the ball upfield under the slightest pressure? Why not hold the ball, manoeuvre it then pass to a colleague with your midfielder skill? If he'd shown this skill along with any sort of defensive capability then I'm sure big clubs would be banging down the door to sign up this free kick goal machine.

• 3 weeks later...

As far as I'm concerned both Santon and Ferguson should be ahead of him at left back.

I'd sooner move Simmo to the left, Saylor to the right and bring Willo in (when fit of course) if it meant keeping Raylor out of the team. Continuity can get to fuck when it involves Ryan fucking Taylor.

Wasn't surprised to see him start. Not sure what it would've done for morale had he been slung immediately after the new signing; he's had a massive role in our early-season success. Would be astonished to see him there against Villa. We didn't buy Santon for nowt.