Ryan Taylor

Dave

24% of teams have him in the Premier League Fantasy Football game. :lol:

Is he down as a defender?

Yeah, I think so. That's part of the appeal - other fans probably still think of him as a midfielder and have seen those free kicks he's scored this season. It's the same reason I have Jon Walters in my fantasy team, because he's classed as a midfielder but he plays up front for Stoke.

:thup:

They get more points for goals/assists don't they? Either way, they defo get more if they score/create and keep a clean sheet so it's logical to have them in. Always worth seeking out players out of position.

Simpson is shit! Unable to hit one single semidifficult pass today, and he hoofed the ball each time he was under pressure. And besides, Jonas and Raylor had to manage Bale and Walker, who  both are  capable of running down the line. Modric on the other hand drifted inside to take care of thams build up play. That made Simposn's job much easier. Hard to slaughter Ralyor for the 2nd goal. Both he and Colo were tricked when Ade by accident didn't take the ball. An exceptional finish from Defoe, first and foremost.

Put Simpson on the left against Bale and Walker, and you'll see him perform much worse than what Ralor managed today.

Not even going to debate Simpson with you, Mick. You defend him as much you criticise Pardew.

I defend him because he's not as bad as some people make out.  We conceded two goals today and none were his fault.  He gets blamed for us letting in goals when others have had more of a direct influence on us letting the goals in.

So far this season he's been more impressive than Simmo even taking away the free kicks. I'd be happy enough for Santon to come in at LB and Taylor to move to RB.

Thank you! And unlike Simpson, Raylor is actually capable of passing the ball.

Not even going to debate Simpson with you, Mick. You defend him as much you criticise Pardew.

I defend him because he's not as bad as some people make out.  We conceded two goals today and none were his fault.  He gets blamed for us letting in goals when others have had more of a direct influence on us letting the goals in.

Can't agree with that, think people are right in their assessment of him. Like the Wolves game for example, I remember you saying he busts his arse for 90 minutes which simply isn't true, he gets lazy far too often and shifts the blame on to others when he needs to accept responsibility for his own role. None were his fault today but he's played a part in the majority of goals we've let in this season which is where his critics come from.

Can't agree with that, think people are right in their assessment of him. Like the Wolves game for example, I remember you saying he busts his arse for 90 minutes which simply isn't true, he gets lazy far too often and shifts the blame on to others when he needs to accept responsibility for his own role. None were his fault today but he's played a part in the majority of goals we've let in this season which is where his critics come from.

We've let in 6 league goals and you think he's played a part in 4 of those?  Which ones?

We've let in 6 league goals and you think he's played a part in 4 of those?  Which ones?

League Cup goals too.

Four I've seen:

Poor attempt at closing down/blocking the cross against Blackburn.

Poor attempt at closing down against Wolves.

Backing off for Forest's first.

Stupidly diving in for Forest's third.

Two I'm not 100% certain on as I wasn't in the country so only saw brief highlights, I'm sure someone will be able to confirm if I'm wrong on these:

Conceded the free kick against Fulham?

Got outjumped for the Scunthorpe goal?

I defend him because he's not as bad as some people make out. 

He resembles a PL footballer about 5% of the time, man. Give it up.

http://elitish.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/captain-hyperbole.jpg

Nabbing that :lol:

Do you still think that Simpson cost us goals against Wolves and Blackburn?

No, I've completely changed my mind after another crap performance today. :thup:

:lol:

That's his problem, he never takes an ounce of responsibility. Especially when the attack is down his side of the pitch.

I agree that he could do more when we attack down the right, having so many different players in front of him can't help.  People use Jonas ans Enrique as a measure for Simpson and whoever he has in front of him.  Jonas and Enrique had the best part of 3 seasons together.  In that time Simpson has had Guthrie, Ryan Taylor, Routledge, Lovenkrands, Barton and now Obertan in front of him.

Guest Rey Mysterio

O0

Good performance from Taylor today, think he would only improve given the chance on his natural side. Him and Davide can toss a coin for LB & RB.

Great perfomance today, much like he has been all season. Will never really be a left back or a first choice midfielder but good bloke and a great squad player.

Just wish he'd cheer the fuck up.