Ryan Taylor

Dave

Doing well, obviously a run of games has brought better form out of him than we've seen from bit parts in the past, but still, wouldn't want to do a full season with him in the XI. Not the complete liability Perch or Smith is.

I can't believe that people think he was excellent today.  He was as weak as piss for the 2nd goal and Jonas was our best left back in the first half.

It's because everyone is desperate to convince themselves that Santon has to replace Simpson.

I can't believe that people think he was excellent today.  He was as weak as piss for the 2nd goal and Jonas was our best left back in the first half.

It's because everyone is desperate to convince themselves that Santon has to replace Simpson.

Or that once again, Taylor has massively outperformed Simpson whilst playing out of position.

I can't believe that people think he was excellent today.  He was as weak as p*ss for the 2nd goal and Jonas was our best left back in the first half.

Or that once again, Taylor has massively outperformed Simpson whilst playing out of position.

:thup:

It must be, I also forgot that he almost burried one into Kruls top corner, I thought that it was going in.

I can't believe that people think he was excellent today.  He was as weak as p*ss for the 2nd goal and Jonas was our best left back in the first half.

:snod:

Have to say, if Santon comes in for Simpson it won't be long until a few are calling for Simpson to get back in the side over Raylor.

But on form Taylor should keep his place and Simpson shouldn't.

Never said any different :)

My point is, those that slag off Simpson every game will have to turn their attentions elsewhere and as Raylor becomes the weak link in the defence it will be him.

I don't think either of them are anything special, but people go way overboard with regards to Simpson in particular.

Agree with the first part of your post but at the minute, Taylor is playing well and deserves to be in the side. Simpson on the other hand has been terrible for a good length of time now. I don't think people go overboard with Simpson either.

Have to say, if Santon comes in for Simpson it won't be long until a few are calling for Simpson to get back in the side over Raylor.

My point is, those that slag off Simpson every game will have to turn their attentions elsewhere and as Raylor becomes the weak link in the defence it will be him.

Well that's natural because he will become the weak link once Simpson's out.

/sweeping generalisation

/sweeping generalisation

Fair comment. :blush:

But then some will be calling for Simpson to go back into the team because Raylor is shit, and repeat..

:nope:

Not even going to debate Simpson with you, Mick. You defend him as much you criticise Pardew.

24% of teams have him in the Premier League Fantasy Football game. :lol:

Is he down as a defender?

Yeah, I think so. That's part of the appeal - other fans probably still think of him as a midfielder and have seen those free kicks he's scored this season. It's the same reason I have Jon Walters in my fantasy team, because he's classed as a midfielder but he plays up front for Stoke.

But then some will be calling for Simpson to go back into the team because Raylor is s***, and repeat..

It's more to do with what we have. We don't have many good options at fullback and at the moment Simpson is well below par and Raylor is punching above his weight out of position. Until we buy a right or left back so that we can play Santon and someone good on the other side it will always be this way.