Ryan Taylor

Dave

Our fullbacks are poor. Right now even though we've conceded few, rightback or leftback depending on what Santon will play is a priority in January. More so than a striker at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Great display from him today, did extremely well and has earned his place in the side for next week. Don't mind if he plays at LB or RB but he's moved ahead of Simpson in the pecking order who should be benched next week.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Couldn't imagine that but that's his best performance at left back. Can see why Pardew keep Santon out of the starting lineup before. Fair play to Raylor, he deserves a run.

Brilliant.

I told you all that he was better than Simpson months ago and you all laughed. He could have done better on the Defoe goal, but other than that I was very impressed with Ryan Taylor today - his passing was good and his set pieces were quite a bit better than Cabaye's.

Simpson on the other hand posted another patchy performance littered with poor positioning. I really hope Santon comes into the side to replace Simpson and not Taylor, certainly at this stage.

I told you all that he was better than Simpson months ago and you all laughed. He could have done better on the Defoe goal, but other than that I was very impressed with Ryan Taylor today - his passing was good and his set pieces were quite a bit better than Cabaye's.

Simpson on the other hand posted another patchy performance littered with poor positioning. I really hope Santon comes into the side to replace Simpson and not Taylor, certainly at this stage.

He's not better than Simpson.

He's not better than Simpson.

He is.

Guest firetotheworks

I still don't feel comfortable when he's on the ball, but he's playing the best I've ever seen him play for us. He didn't get tested that much, but he dealt with it pretty well. I'd definitely drop Simpson and put Santon in, rather than drop him.