Joe Kinnear has triple heart bypass surgery, home on Sunday

JH

Best of luck to the bloke.

In footballing terms, how realsitic actually is it that we'll need to change managers?

Not really realistic unless the club withdraws their contract offer because of the possibility that Kinnear's health might be a bad thing. As long as the offer is still on the table, Kinnear is just on a sick leave.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02VSdag3uvawJ/340x.jpg

You know it makes sense.

I can't work out if it's a shadow or if he's growing a 'tache!

Looks like Michael Jackson.

NUFC really nearly was the death of a manager. Wow. Best of luck to him in his recovery.

You know it makes sense.

NUFC really nearly was the death of a manager. Wow. Best of luck to him in his recovery.

In what way does he look like Michael Jackson?

You know it makes sense.

Nostril-to-chin area. Looks strangely chiselled, misshapen and plastic. Similar colour, too.

You know it makes sense.

Nostril-to-chin area. Looks strangely chiselled, misshapen and plastic. Similar colour, too.

Comparing a minor cult-hero to a crazy legendary superstar figure in Ketsbaia is harsh tbh. :razz:

Wow, shit. What's the recovery time like on ops like this? Any chance it could recur in the future?

The majority who undergo heart bypass ops survive, make a full recovery and go on to live normal lives for 10-15 years on average, after which the tissues may need replacing again.

Well despite what his critics he's done ok.

He's dragged us out of the relegation zone from 19th to 13th and in my honest opinion I dont think we would have went down with him in charge.

Interesting to see what will happen next footballing wise.

p.s Thank you and get well soon Kinnear  :thup:

Good luck to him and he'll be much better once he's had the operation and a few days to start his recovery.  He'll feel much better than he has done for a while once he's got this behind him but it will be a terrible time for his family as they wait for hours while his having the operation.

Wow, shit. What's the recovery time like on ops like this? Any chance it could recur in the future?

The majority who undergo heart bypass ops survive, make a full recovery and go on to live normal lives for 10-15 years on average, after which the tissues may need replacing again.

didnt souness have a bypass when he was Lpool manager.

Wow, s***. What's the recovery time like on ops like this? Any chance it could recur in the future?

didnt souness have a bypass when he was Lpool manager.

And Houllier?

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Get well soon Joe, hope you recover on exactly Monday 25th May and are then told that Llambias has lost your contract up Mike Ashley's arse and that Dennis Wise is currently up there wearing a headlamp trying to find it.

But seriously, get well soon and I hope you never manage another game for Newcastle United