NUSC - Good or Bad?

indi
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I voted not at all, not because I'm happy how things have turned out under Ashley, it's just that NUSC don't have any answers. I don't see how moaning publicly without any idea about solutions is going to do any good for Newcastle United.

The NUSC thread has a poll that has been regularly reset.

At best, about 25% though it represented their views as a supporter. At worst about 15%.

It's dropped way off the front page as far as I can see.

Anyway, I'm new here, leave me alone!

:shifty:

Mostly bad.

I think it has been set up with the right intentions, but it has also been set out with one goal and one purpose and that is to get rid of the likes of Ashley and Wise.

For the NUSC to work they need to cover more aspects of the club at one time rather than just focus on Ashley, they began to do this with a fundraiser for Sir Bob (what happened to that money by the way? Did it definately get donated? If so how much was raised?). However, with this latest so called rally they have gone back down in my estimations, as it appears there own success is more important than their beloved clubs'.

P.S. I am slightly jealous that their group has taken off reasonably well with quite alot of publicity, when a far more positive group hasn't. But hey, that's life....

Not at all.

I find it amazing that they think they will get a meeting with Ashley or Llambias while wanting them out and still protesting.

As for them having a list of 6,000, if the other 5,999 are like me then they'll not turn them into members.  I was interested in joining a "Supporters Club" but no matter what they claim, they are from being one.

Mostly bad.

I think it has been set up with the right intentions, but it has also been set out with one goal and one purpose and that is to get rid of the likes of Ashley and Wise.

For the NUSC to work they need to cover more aspects of the club at one time rather than just focus on Ashley, they began to do this with a fundraiser for Sir Bob (what happened to that money by the way? Did it definately get donated? If so how much was raised?). However, with this latest so called rally they have gone back down in my estimations, as it appears there own success is more important than their beloved clubs'.

P.S. I am slightly jealous that reasonably well with quite alot of publicity, when a far more positive group hasn't. But hey, that's life....

It depends what you mean by "their group has taken off". While the NUSC has had plenty of media coverage because bad news is always better copy for journalists, having witnessed the fabulous support provided at the ground by the toon ultras, I think everyone who sits in other parts of the ground appreciate your cause 100%. It's great that when the opposition chants get amplified by the acoustics of sitting close to the roof, we have our own dedicated fans to out-sing them.  Sterling job lads. You're efforts do not go un-noticed. :thup:

I thought the comments from Llambias about NUSC hit the nail on the head about this bunch of self important arseholes.

After months of saying Ashley won't talk to them it turns out that one of their committee members has been on the supporters panel all along having regular contact with the club, yet for NUSC this isn't enough as they think the club should speak to them personally as if they are some sort of superior group, they've even spoken about having someone on the board of directors which just shows how deluded this bunch are.

Llambias' opinion of them is shared by plenty of Newcastle fans both on forums or through fans I meet on matchdays and the fact that a day they arranged for a club legend like Sir Bobby was a complete shambles shows just how much influence and organisation they have between them.

Mostly bad.

P.S. I am slightly jealous that reasonably well with quite alot of publicity, when a far more positive group hasn't. But hey, that's life....

It depends what you mean by "their group has taken off". While the NUSC has had plenty of media coverage because bad news is always better copy for journalists, having witnessed the fabulous support provided at the ground by the toon ultras, I think everyone who sits in other parts of the ground appreciate your cause 100%. It's great that when the opposition chants get amplified by the acoustics of sitting close to the roof, we have our own dedicated fans to out-sing them.  Sterling job lads. You're efforts do not go un-noticed. :thup:

Thanks very much for the compliments like I appreciate them.

However, I wasn't fishing for one as it may have seemed, I was just comparing the two. I suppose it makes sense the bad news sells papers quote, I just wish the majority of fans' voices could be heard throguhout the media instead of the same continuous drivel from the NUSC.

I believe that now that decision time is coming nearer (relegation) the majority of fans will pull together and back the team which what matters, I just hope those deluded with their own battles don't knock too many of us off course....not that people will let them like...

The idea in principle is certainly a good one, however it has been a lot more difficult to put it into practice.

I'm also not entirely surely what the aims of the group are as each statement sends to send out a more contrary message. I know the want Ashley out, as do I. But due to the current situation we are in that's almost an impossible ask.

Guest toonlass

Mostly bad.

Thanks very much for the compliments like I appreciate them.

However, I wasn't fishing for one as it may have seemed, I was just comparing the two. I suppose it makes sense the bad news sells papers quote, I just wish the majority of fans' voices could be heard throguhout the media instead of the same continuous drivel from the NUSC.

I believe that now that decision time is coming nearer (relegation) the majority of fans will pull together and back the team which what matters, I just hope those deluded with their own battles don't knock too many of us off course....not that people will let them like...

As someone who has a bit of an idea how hard the Toon Ultras have worked to try and build up a communication with the club for several years (never mind 6 months like NUSC) and who has seen the effort that someone like Heza has put into the Ultras I think that NUSC has the ability to come over as pompous twats. Considering that until 6 months ago they didn't even exist, and have since then had a pretty aggressive stance towards Ashley et al, is it surprising that the communication is not as forthcoming as they would like? The NUSC needs to get over itself and act on the interests of the people that they claim to represent.

Good in theory, with the right motives and a genuinely positive future outlook. Absolutely abysmal execution however, including controversial policies that the lionshare disagree with.

Oh the fucking irony.

I thought the comments from Llambias about NUSC hit the nail on the head about this bunch of self important arseholes.

After months of saying Ashley won't talk to them it turns out that one of their committee members has been on the supporters panel all along having regular contact with the club, yet for NUSC this isn't enough as they think the club should speak to them personally as if they are some sort of superior group, they've even spoken about having someone on the board of directors which just shows how deluded this bunch are.

Llambias' opinion of them is shared by plenty of Newcastle fans both on forums or through fans I meet on matchdays and the fact that a day they arranged for a club legend like Sir Bobby was a complete shambles shows just how much influence and organisation they have between them.

have to say their "response" to Llamblias printed on .com was a right load of shite - not sure how to explain how it made me feel but they seemed to be complaining more that they've been ignored as opposed to the fans in general, maybe that's not what they meant but it's how it came across to me

read like the diary of a spoilt bairn whose mam wouldn't buy him a pastie so he threw his toys out the pram

like politicians who are supposed to represent the voters and end up on company boards smoking cuban cigars while their constituents go to ratshit

They seem to be all for highlighting the problems of the club, but don't go quite as far fixing them.

unlike people who debate on the internet.

Who don't pretend to be trying to fix the problems

where as NUSC get off thier arses in attempt to make things happen.

I think a lot of the criticism they get is unfair. They are more important and doing a better job than some people like to admit. In the end they adress and raise a vast number of issues that is shared by the majority of fans - you only have to look at the outcome of polls on here regarding the trust and faith into the ownership and handling of club affairs. So even while a lot of people understandably are not comfortably with the NUSC itself some of their concerns are getting represented.

They certainly didn't have the best start and adressed a lot of issues in a wrong way. Though, that's something that isn't unusual for an ad-hoc pressure group. Especially their unproffesional public appearance and statements. But that's more excusable than what is coming from the club and its well paid professional personnel where the chairman admits wanting to hit a manager and a later manager abuses the press - actual FACTS. A club also running a hopeless (or should it be hopeful?) cringeworthy website and handling press affairs in general worse than a third world dictatorship.

Guest Darth Toon

I admire what they're trying to do, and think there's been a notable improvement in the nature and tone of their communication efforts since the somewhat confused beginning. They seem to have the ear of repsected journalists like George Caulkin, which can only be a good thing if used in the right way to get the fans' views across.

Maybe they need to come out with something that specifically and unequivocally spells out that they are not just "Anti-Ashley" as that seems to be the main thing people have against them just now?

I can understand why they would be pissed off with Llambias' sly digs btw.

They seem to be all for highlighting the problems of the club, but don't go quite as far fixing them.

unlike people who debate on the internet.

Who don't pretend to be trying to fix the problems

where as NUSC get off thier arses in attempt to make things happen.

In a way which alienates them from alot of fans, show themselves to be a anti-ashley group and fail to provide any solutions to the problems they come up with.