Bolton 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 01/03/09 - post match reaction from page 20

Dave

Credit to the defence anyway, they are holding quite strong.

Yeah, they are. Bassong and Davies are all over each other like a pair of newlyweds but other than that the long ball effect has been subdued.

A friend of mine has 800 quid riding on this game.

He's been doing this predictions thing for months, started off with 50 people and it's down to three. Whatever way the rules were set up, he had to pick a winner in this game to win the thing.

He rang me looking for an honest opinion on how the game would go.

So he needs Bolton to win, obviously. :lol:

Credit to the defence anyway, they are holding quite strong.

One good thing about the toon this season is I don't get a sense of panic when the defence have something to do. First time in ages.

Not sure why it is, considering the position we're in, but they do look a decent back for. Enrique has been good the last couple of games.

For a man who can barely move, Shola seems to get himself offside a hell of a lot.

Not too bad towards the end of the half... if we can get it down and pass it we look decent. They need to start fining people for playing long balls.

It's because he stands in an offside position everytime and forgets to come back on side... everytime.

Guest nufc1892

we'll be relegated if we continue to play like this in the remaining games of the season.

man utd will destroy us

The one threat we've had from midfield has been when Ryan has popped on the right and delivered some decent balls in.  We've got to find a way of playing him out there, especially if Viduka or Carroll come on.

And someone please teach Martins about movement off the ball.

Guest firetotheworks

we'll be relegated if we continue to play like this in the remaining games of the season.

man utd will destroy us

;D You dont say.

We've been purposeful but wasteful, and I think not taking our chances may come back to haunt us. Think Carroll should come on... The thought of him getting delivery from Raylor is intriguing indeed.

The defensive unit is looking pretty shaky and Bolton have caught us with our pants down more than once, but we've carried more attacking initiative and hopefully we'll continue to do so in the second half.

We seem to a bit reliant on our wingers going forward because we've got absolutely nothing worth mentioning in the center of the park, but I'm used to that at this point so I guess I'm not really bothered.

PS. Alright, I'm convinced now. Despite spending over half his life playing professional football, Shola Ameobi still doesn't understand the offside rule.