Newcastle vs Man Utd - Wednesday 4th March

Decky

What about David Edgar?

Good point, I forgot he was still here. Is he injured?

If he's not getting a look in with the seniors he should at least be getting some reserve matches shouldn't he? (ah, the Xisco conundrum again...)

He's a shocking Premier League player. His performance against Liverpool at Christmas gives me nightmares. League 1 standard at best. Worse than Huntington ever was.

Scored the goal that gave us our last home point against Man U tbh :smug:

What about David Edgar?

Good point, I forgot he was still here. Is he injured?

If he's not getting a look in with the seniors he should at least be getting some reserve matches shouldn't he? (ah, the Xisco conundrum again...)

He's a shocking Premier League player. His performance against Liverpool at Christmas gives me nightmares. League 1 standard at best. Worse than Huntington ever was.

Nowhere near as bad as Huntington. Might shine for us next season in the Championship for all we know

I predict lots of booing from the fans at the end of the match to shred any last confidence the team has left after 90 minutes tomorrow.

Always the fans fault. If it weren't for that banner, we'd be pushing Everton for that European spot.

Robson would probably have stayed another year or two if it wasn't for the fans, tbf

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/03/04/steven-taylor-urges-fans-to-back-nufc-players-72703-23061297/

Steven Taylor urges fans to back NUFC players

STEVEN TAYLOR has urged the Toon Army to “stay with the players” throughout tonight’s home game with Manchester United. Read

Alan Smith 'ready to face Manchester United'

TOON stand-in boss Chris Hughton says that he has no qualms about bringing Alan Smith into the fray against his old club Manchester United tonight. Read

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/03/04/alan-smith-ready-to-face-manchester-united-72703-23061510/

Normally I'd be sat hear saying well we drew against Chelsea by defending well but without Beye that back four just doesn't look quite right so really we have no other option than to have a go. I'd rather suffer a heavy defeat gunning for glory than sitting back trying to play games we can't play.

That article says Smith and Geremi likely to play 'major roles'.

Crikey we're gonna get smashed off the pitch.

I think Geremi could be a useful asset.

He's about the only player on the pitch who can drift useful balls over the top for Martins.

Shame Man U will close him down too quickly, but if he gives it his all,  he might be useful.

Guest Immsy7

I'd go with:

Harper

S.Taylor     Colo      Bassong     Enrique

Smith

R.Taylor         Jonas

Martins                           Lovenkrads

Viduka

I like it, maybe swap Smith for Geremi...shame it will never happen :(

............................Harper..........................

Saylor......Colo..................Bass..........Ricky

.......Raylor............Smith............Ron.........

Martins............................................Jonas

............................Duke.............................

Oba and Jonas can cut inside and have a pop at goal. Viduka might occasionally hold the ball up which would be handy. The problem we'll have is substitutions. Viduka, Geremi nor Smith will last 90 mins imo.

hopefully we can put out a good figure for 90 minutes, finish injury free and get a solid platform to hammer Hull like they won't see a tomorrow again.

Owen Martins Løvenkrands Jonas sure should bring pace to a rusty Hull defence line. Maybe even manutd on a good day?

The only chance of getting a decent result (I'm not sure if I mean points-wise, or keeping the game close) is to go in with the right attitude, which will be a big ask. The players are human beings, and if Man Utd score early on then it's a huge test for anyone, even those of big personalities. If the team can harass their players, and keep their chins up, along with Man Utd not being on top form, then you have chance.

A lot of ifs, though.

I'm wondering, is it worth getting cold for. I'm also thinking will i at least be encouraged by 1 piece of decent play, pressure? Wouldn't dare even dream of a goal.

Don't know which i'd rather, to get fucking hammered as i fully expect, or to be absolutely gutted by a cracking performance and getting beat 1-0.

Guest michaelfoster

Harper

R.Taylor    S.Taylor  Bassong  Coloccini Edgar Cacapa  Enrique  

Smith  

Martins  Viduka

we might sneak a draw if we play 7 at the back

Guest Ebolarama

We won't "go for it". Hughton doesn't know how.

We'll sit back, play Geremi and get absolutely fucking crumped.

Or just lose one-nil.

Either way... yup.

Lets just forfeit.... at least that way we won't pick up any more injuries.  Even our pride can't be damaged any more than it already is!

Or play the reserves, the likes of Nile Ranger need to be taught about rape and how it feels when ur the victim.

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

Harper

Taylor  Bassong Coloccini Enrique

Taylor Smith Geremi Jonas

Martins  Viduka

This is the line up i'd go for too.... Lovenkrands is turd, hope he gets nowhere near 1st team again...

Formation i'd go for is

Harper

S.Taylor     Colo   Bassong    Enrique

R.Tayor    Jonas    Geremi     Lovenkrands   

Martins       Viduka

At least Jonas would be breaking play up in the middle when we loose the ball and not passing it straight back like butt everytime.

What have we got to loose?  Lets fuck em

Hope Geremi doesnt start but what choice do we have.

It will be embarrasing. Just think how Man U's midfield will be. Geremi is shit and hell be humiliated again and again. Hopefully Smith will be up for this, that might actually reduce the embarrassment.