NUSC write up of Llambias attendance at the Supporters Panel meeting

Happy Face

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4413/dscn6062.jpg

That's on the opposite side of the monument to where the NUSC were speechifying.

Seems to me anyone could have hoyed it up there.

Freddy Shepherd? 

That's on the opposite side of the monument to where the NUSC were speechifying.

Like I said they could have took it down if some random bloke put it up.  Also if you're protest is merely suggesting change you're not going to succeed, tell them what needs to be changed at least.

What do we want.... Change

When do we want it....Now

What do we want to change...Erm......

Freddy Shepherd? 

Richard Bevan?

How much does NUFC owe Ashley?

Reading the Mirror it is as they say "a staggering £248m"

That's more or less what he paid for the club, plus what he's sunk in since in the form of interest-free loans.

Loans, fair enough. But I bought lunch for a fiver today, I wouldn't claim the pie and chips now owe me that much.

Freddy Shepherd? 

Richard Bevan?

Nah, he had his hands full with the collection buckets for the court case.

That's more or less what he paid for the club, plus what he's sunk in since in the form of interest-free loans.

Loans, fair enough. But I bought lunch for a fiver today, I wouldn't claim the pie and chips now owe me that much.

No because the pie and chips assumed the debt (hunger) your stomach was carrying, so the net of ... you know what, that analogy is shocking and there's no saving it.

No because the pie and chips assumed the debt (hunger) your stomach was carrying, so the net of ... you know what, that analogy is shocking and there's no saving it.

Couldn't the pie and chips claim grievous damages caused through malicious biting and chewing?

"As the meeting drew to a close discussions turned more and more to playing staff with the Managing Director perhaps getting a little too drawn on his opinions on certain players. However, this report not being a stitch up, we won’t embarrass him by making those comments public"

You seem quite keen to make him look like a retard at various other points, so why the secrecy on this point? I would absolutely love to know his opinion on our current playing staff, much more than what his opinions on our debt or pie selling are.

Something i detest about supporters groups and websites  is when they try to project often valid opinions of the club but still try to see themselves as above the regular match goers like myself and some kind of 'in the know' people. This point and the immaturity of a lot of the bickering make me extremely reluctant to ever get involved in something like the NUSC.

Guest icemanblue

"As the meeting drew to a close discussions turned more and more to playing staff with the Managing Director perhaps getting a little too drawn on his opinions on certain players. However, this report not being a stitch up, we wont embarrass him by making those comments public"

You seem quite keen to make him look like a retard at various other points, so why the secrecy on this point? I would absolutely love to know his opinion on our current playing staff, much more than what his opinions on our debt or pie selling are.

Something i detest about supporters groups and websites  is when they try to project often valid opinions of the club but still try to see themselves as above the regular match goers like myself and some kind of 'in the know' people. This point and the immaturity of a lot of the bickering make me extremely reluctant to ever get involved in something like the NUSC.

Truth.

Hey, it takes some real skill to come up with an analogy that bad. I'd like to see you better it.

Aye, but now try selling the pie to someone else.

Anyway, it's the Mirror that's talking bollocks here, not the club.

Guest toonlass

Like I said they could have took it down if some random bloke put it up.  Also if you're protest is merely suggesting change you're not going to succeed, tell them what needs to be changed at least.

Sorry to correct you, but they have no right to take down a banner that someone else puts up. If someone had put up a banner saying "We love Mike Ashley" they would have no right to take that down either.

"As the meeting drew to a close discussions turned more and more to playing staff with the Managing Director perhaps getting a little too drawn on his opinions on certain players. However, this report not being a stitch up, we won’t embarrass him by making those comments public"

Truth.

Not really.

They're reporting what happened in the meeting.

To report private views expressed afterwards would invite an unholy shitstorm of abuse from the anti-NUSC brigade on account of the amateurish point scoring it would rightly have been viewed as at the expense of a players reputation.

Truth.

Not really.

To report private views expressed afterwards would invite an unholy shitstorm of abuse from the anti-NUSC brigade on account of the amateurish point scoring it would rightly have been viewed as at the expense of a players reputation.

So instead they amateurishly decided to score points by mentioning that llambias had been indiscreet.

Guest icemanblue

"As the meeting drew to a close discussions turned more and more to playing staff with the Managing Director perhaps getting a little too drawn on his opinions on certain players. However, this report not being a stitch up, we wont embarrass him by making those comments public"

Truth.

Not really.

And what they actually did, was different how?

Truth.

Not really.

So instead they amateurishly decided to score points by mentioning that llambias had been indiscreet.

They're not fucking Reuters, they're a supporters club. To expect a BBC level of impartiality is fucking stupid, especially when they're directly opposed to Disco Dekka and his pals in charge.

Truth.

Not really.

And what they actually did, was different how?

It didn't harm any players reputation.

Truth.

Not really.

They're not fucking Reuters, they're a supporters club. To expect a BBC level of impartiality is fucking stupid, especially when they're directly opposed to Disco Dekka and his pals in charge.

Perhaps you failed to read the comment I was replying to.

Sorry to correct you, but they have no right to take down a banner that someone else puts up. If someone had put up a banner saying "We love Mike Ashley" they would have no right to take that down either.

They would have no right but they could have said can whoever put that banner up please take it down or make it clear that NUSC did not put this up.  It's obvious it was a member of NUSC who put that up anyway, if they weren.t there for the rally, I can't see some random person going for the metro had it on them and put it up.

They would have no right but they could have said can whoever put that banner up please take it down or make it clear that NUSC did not put this up.  It's obvious it was a member of NUSC who put that up anyway, if they weren.t there for the rally, I can't see some random person going for the metro had it on them and put it up.

There were plenty of non-NUSC there.

Some where quite voiciferous in their opposition.

So who do you think put the banner up?  Someone who opposes NUSC when their main campaign (despite refuting it) is to get Ashley out. 

So who do you think put the banner up?  Someone who opposes NUSC.

I think it was someone who wants Wise out.

Whoever it was, I doubt they oppose the NUSC.

That doesn't mean the NUSC are campaigning to get Wise out.

their main campaign (despite refuting it) is to get Ashley out. 

Despite refuting it.

Never stating it in the first place.

and not taking any action whatsoever to suggest it.

:lol:

Happy Face, I know you've spent your 10 quid for NUSC membership, but what price for your dignity and self-respect?

You flipflop between almost being a very sensible poster on the NUSC viewpoint to being a myopic extremist who refuses to see the group's flaws.

Perhaps this is symptomatic of the people involved with the NUSC?

However, this report not being a stitch up,

Kudos to indi for showing this... shemozzle to be exactly that - a stitch up. Although I personally thought he was a bit generous with the coloured text.

Lying is one thing, and we've heard lies a-plenty this season, but it's hypocrisy that really pisses me off. Not a stitch up indeed - fuck off...

Happy Face, I know you've spent your 10 quid for NUSC membership, but what price for your dignity and self-respect?

You flipflop between almost being a very sensible poster on the NUSC viewpoint to being a myopic extremist who refuses to see the group's flaws.

Perhaps this is symptomatic of the people involved with the NUSC?

It's not flip flopping mate.  It's called a balanced view.

Seems you have to completely back the NUSC or be dead set against it around here.  Can't there be flaws in a good thing?

I think it's a group that's barely 6 months old, still finding it's feet and making lots of mistakes in the process.  Look past the mis-steps they've made and I see a very positive group of people putting in a hell of a lot of effort for no reward, striving to ensure the club they love is run with common sense and competence but also with ambition and vision, while accommodating (to the greatest degree possible) the thoughts of the most important people, the fans.

I'm strongly opposed to critics falsifying the NUSC position but recognise that constructive criticism will only improve their ability to deliver.  Criticism is something they invite as they strive to improve.  Something Llambias and co patently do not.