U23s & Academy

Skirge

Thought Ranger done well tonight, used his strength and pace well, Xisco was OK but to me seemed a little lazy, Guthrie's passing was woe full at times but finished well.  Liked the look of the RB and Lough at LB going forward.

As for Cacapa, we just need to hope that he never pulls on a toon shirt again, shit, shit, shit !!

Man U's Macheda looks very very promising for me, pacey as hell.

Good game, fair result.

Thought Ranger done well tonight, used his strength and pace well, Xisco was OK but to me seemed a little lazy, Guthrie's passing was woe full at times but finished well.  Liked the look of the RB and Lough at LB going forward.

As for Cacapa, we just need to hope that he never pulls on a toon shirt again, s***, s***, s*** !!

Man U's Macheda looks very very promising for me, pacey as hell.

Good game, fair result.

Lough was playing at centre back, Shane Ferguson at left back.

Enjpyable game tonight,  we still have lost some of the spark and energy we had before xmas although maybe tiredness is creeping into the likes of Tavernier & Ranger who are playing Saturdays and mondays and are still just 17.  Thought Cacapa was dreadful and reading the comments from people watching on tv suprised Baheng is getting good reviews, didn't think he played well and can't see him as a premier league footballer.

I thought Eckersley at the back for them was outstanding, had a great battle with Nile, they kicked lumps out of each other!!  One of the best players at reserve level that i've seen this season,  if we were to go down this, he's someone i would look to get on loan in the championship!lol

Last home game of the season next Monday when we entertain Man City, which should be a cracking match.

Guest Heneage

:lol: I thought at the match from a distance that it MUST be Lee Stewart waving that flag around. Fat little c***.

Sorry but who is Lee Stewart?

A gloryhunting ball of lard from Gateshead.

http://lee-stewart.co.uk/about.php

He has an autographed photo on his website. There's so much I can learn from him.

Apart from the one Newcastle fan, who was being ignorant to me, and even tried to steal my flag from me, with all the signatures and shouted abuse to me, after I was leaving and cheering on the team, who were driving away on the coach.

Tell me that was someone on here. :mackems:

Guest Heneage

I love him. He sounds mental but I love him.

The thought of that poor Hayley trying desperately to avoid him only to hear the camp shreek of "ITS LEE FROM GATESHEAD!"

Just watched the game (wonder how many people in Sweden watched a delayed Newcastle Reserves v Man U Reserves, finishing at 1.30 :lol: )

Guthrie looked a class above, which he is, hope he is fit enough to start on Saturday. Ranger looks an interesting prospect, did nothing spectacular today, but looked strong and with a bit of polish could turn into a good player. Praying that Taylor Bassong will be fit for Saturday, Cacapa is pure and utter garbage.

Went down tonight.. it was a very good game. Guthrie did pretty well, usual self, keep the ball. Ranger struggled a bit but looks like he has potential and I was mainly impressed with Baheng, looked dangerous throughout. Cacapa was poor and Xisco showed a few nice touches, he's quite good in his build up play but doesn't look convincing in the final third.

Also..did anyone hear the fan who was shouting at  the referee practically all game?

Also..did anyone hear the fan who was shouting at  the referee practically all game?

If it is anything like U18 level it will more than likely be the Newcastle bench being cunts. I am sure both PM & Binnsy can vouch for this.

I thought Cacapa had an average game to be honest, nothing exceptional, nothing exceptionally bad (I missed the first 15-20 mins).

From what I saw, the Cacapa comments are based on the fact that it's Cacapa.

It's quite amazing how a few moments can define a players career. I dread to think what the opinions of Bassong would be now had those couple of clumsy challenges he made in the box earlier this season in successive games resulted in penalties.

About the game: I was impressed with Baheng, he looked very lively. Guthrie's passing and vision was decent when he was a bit deeper, but looked like he wanted to take everyone on when he was in and around the box. He struck his goal brilliantly. Xisco played reasonably well, I'd put him in ahead of Ameobi.

Overall I thought it was a good game played at a fast pace by both teams, therefore making it generally a more entertaining watch than any first team game I've seen recently.

If you missed the first 15-20 minutes, then you missed him giving away a penalty and a terrible pass that should have lead to a Man U goal. He wasn't even good enough for reserve level, I don't want him anywhere near our first team.