U23s & Academy

Skirge

Misleading article, he was released by NUFC at the end of his contract. :lol:

Yep, the only thing we might have done better was offer him a contract as then they'd have to pay some form of compo to us. I could be wrong with that though.

The risk there is you give a player you don't want anymore a pay rise

• 2 weeks later...

Longstaff got decent reviews for his performances at Blackpool last season so don't think he's miles away from being involved. Would imagine he'll end up on loan at a Championship club. Think Roberts and Fernández (the latter especially) just need to be playing football every week at a half decent level, be it League One or the SPL.

Basically they're all better than Colback.

I can't be the only one who:

1. Didn't know Freddie Woodman was from London/Croydon and not here (although of course it makes sense with Andy Woodman being from South London - I had just never bothered to apply any thought).

and 2. Didn't know that Gareth Southgate is Freddie Woodman's Godfather (which again makes sense through the Palace links what with being from Croydon).

As you were.

Ashley apologist so makes sense, fully expect him to be wheeled out for press interviews praising Ashley.

Easiest way. A lot of the day trippers still see him as a legend so it keeps them on side when he praises him.