U23s & Academy

Skirge

What young promising centre backs do we have then? This kid, Streete?

Pretty much only Streete. Pardew rates him highly (and I hear Tavernier can play CB too...).

Pretty much only Streete. Pardew rates him highly (and I hear Tavernier can play CB too...).

Got Alex Kitchen who is only 16 and highly rated.  I know Carver likes him.

If Inman is being kept on and his 20 years old, you would think he would have to be pushing toward the first team squad by next season.

Hopefully but he needs to stay fit,  he's missed almost all of this season through injury,  not sure if he'd been fit that he'd still be here or released along with the likes of Mcdermott, Donaldson etc.  Next season is massive for him, definately make or break.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

You can see he has the frame for a CB despite only being 16 like.

You can see he has the frame for a CB despite only being 16 like.

Sounds like one to watch.

Anyone know if we've announced (or usually announce) which youngsters are moving on?  We haven't officially announced Lovernkrands/Smith leaving yet so I don't hold much hope, but would be useful if we've given a list of names actually gone somewhere...

Anyone know if we've announced (or usually announce) which youngsters are moving on?  We haven't officially announced Lovernkrands/Smith leaving yet so I don't hold much hope, but would be useful if we've given a list of names actually gone somewhere...

I think OCK knows mate.

Thought it was on nufc.co.uk but can't seems to see it there now.

There was a bunch let go alright (unless I'm going senile) :crazy2:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Nothing Official, but:

Transfers

Out

Samuel Adjei - (Released)

Phil Airey - (Released/St.Mirran?)

Ryan Donaldson - (Released)

Liam Henderson -  (Released)

Jeff Henderson -  (Released)

Tamas Kadar -  (Released)

Peter Lovenkrands -  (Released/Rangers?)

Greg McDermott -  (Released/St.Mirran?)

Conor Newton -  (Released)

Patrick Nzuzi -  (Released)

Ole Soderberg -  (Molde)

Dan Taylor -  (Preston North End?)

Taylor and Nzuzi had a trial at St. Mirran - weren't offered deals but were invited back for pre-season training if they couldn't get a professional deal. Fairly certain Adjei has returned to Sweden.

New Youth Intake

Mark Brereton

Alex Gilliead

Tom Heardman

Jonathan Quinn

Ryan McKinnon

Greg Olley

Freddie Woodman

(need to check on)

Jermaine Udumaga - Formally of Oxford United

Rolando Aarons - Formally of Bristol Rovers

Macauley Booth - Formally of Blackburn Rovers

nufc.co.uk mentioned about Kadar being called up on International duty and I was like "wasn't he released".

Anyhoo, we're supposed to be putting a broom through the reserves & youth teams so it all makes sense.

Question is, will it do any good?

Nothing Official, but:

Transfers

Out

Samuel Adjei - (Released)

Phil Airey - (Released/St.Mirran?)

Ryan Donaldson - (Released)

Liam Henderson -  (Released)

Jeff Henderson -  (Released)

Tamas Kadar -  (Released)

Peter Lovenkrands -  (Released/Rangers?)

Greg McDermott -  (Released/St.Mirran?)

Conor Newton -  (Released)

Patrick Nzuzi -  (Released)

Ole Soderberg -  (Molde)

Dan Taylor -  (Preston North End?)

Taylor and Nzuzi had a trial at St. Mirran - weren't offered deals but were invited back for pre-season training if they couldn't get a professional deal. Fairly certain Adjei has returned to Sweden.

New Youth Intake

Mark Brereton

Alex Gilliead

Tom Heardman

Jonathan Quinn

Ryan McKinnon

Greg Olley

Freddie Woodman

(need to check on)

Jermaine Udumaga - Formally of Oxford United

Rolando Aarons - Formally of Bristol Rovers

Macauley Booth - Formally of Blackburn Rovers

Top man, cheers.  Saw Olé had moved on a couple of months back, but seen nowt official on the others.  Will keep an eye out for some official stuff shortly - I'd imagine they'll mention those departing when they finally tell us Lovern and Smith etc have gone.

Yeah always looked like a promising player when given the odd chance. Too much too young perhaps? Had a model lass and a pretty expensive looking car at about 18. Maybe one of those who thought he had made it so didn't need to try any more?

Or I could be talking ball sweat.

Tavernier is currently on the NUFC Reserve team tour in Hong Kong. The squad is: Jak Alnwick, James Tavernier, Paul Dummett, Lubo Satka, Steven Logan, Brandon Miele, Bradden Inman, Marcus Maddison, JJ Hooper, Adam Campbell. I'd be surprised if any of those players are leaving.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120515/eastern-promise-for-united_2281670_2773485

From .com

A Magpies side are currently participating in the annual seven-a-side international football tournament held in Hong Kong and have qualified for the Quarter Final stage after a trio of victories on Saturday.

United kicked off against local side HKFA Dragons at the Hong Kong Football Club in Happy Valley in what were 15 minute duration matches with a 60 second half time.

In humid conditions with a hint of drizzle in the air, Steven Logan put Newcastle ahead when he charged down an attempted clearance from the home 'keeper and the ball deflected straight back into the unguarded net.

And Willie Donachie's lads went two ahead before half time, when Marcus Maddison (above) got on the end of a left wing cross to head home from point blank range. With no scoring in the second period, it ended 2-0.

Next up was a match against tournament hosts HKFC and this was ultimately decided by a second half finish from Brad Inman, who was on hand to tuck in the rebound after the opposing 'keeper parried an earlier header. 

The third and final match of the day in Group D for United pitted them against Aston Villa - who had also beaten the two HK sides earlier in the day. By now the drizzle was a little heavier and the Magpies switched from the black and white home kit to the black change strip. 

And after Maddison struck a post early on, Academy forward JJ Hooper maintained our 100% record with a second half shot before also hitting the upright. At the other end meanwhile, Jak Alnwick kept his unblemished record intact by clawing away an attempted chip shot.

Newcastle's 1-0 victory confirmed them as group winners, while Villa also advance to Sunday's last eight - along with Celtic, Rangers, Leicester City, the mackems, Chelsea and local outfit Yau Yee League Select.

Their Quarter Final opponents will be Celtic, with the winners of that tie going up against Chelsea or the mackems for a place in the final later on Sunday. 

NUFC squad: 1.Jak Alnwick, 2.James Tavernier, 3.Paul Dummett, 4.Lubomir Satka, 5.Steven Logan, 6.Brandon Miele, 7.Marcus Maddison, 8.JJ Hooper, 9.Adam Campbell, 10.Brad Inman.