U23s & Academy

Skirge

Really disappointing to read/hear this stuff about one of your heroes, regardless of whether there may have been whispers already.

He's my favourite NUFC player ever, bar none.  That won't change unless someone better plays for us, but still it's a shame.

Really disappointing to read/hear this stuff about one of your heroes, regardless of whether there may have been whispers already.

He's my favourite NUFC player ever, bar none.  That won't change unless someone better plays for us, but still it's a shame.

Ben Arfa.

Contrastingly, this was from 2013..

"There were big-time Charlies when I was an apprentice, but even the biggest showed a modicum of respect for the senior pros.

Not these boys. They had travelled down on one of those five-star luxury coaches, and afterwards they all plonked themselves back on it with their iPods plugged in. While they settled into their seats, the skips of dirty kit were pushed along the path below by Peter Beardsley. Yes, the former England great Peter Beardsley.

Generations before me would have carried an iconic figure like Peter on to the bus, let alone push the skips themselves, but that respect isn’t there any more.

It was one of the most disheartening sights I’ve seen."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2415653/Clarke-Carlisle-Flash-kids-respect-England-great-Peter-Beardsleys-left-handle-dirty-kits.html

Yeah Liam Brady quit Arsenal for similar reasons. Couldn't believe the levels of disrespect and self-entitlement from some of the players within the youth teams.

Remember that employment law its based on balance of probabilities rather than beyond reasonable doubt, therefore if they have enough evidence to believe he probably did make the comments based on statements from other players they probably have enough evidence to sack Beardsley.

If they have the evidence I think NUFC will either tell Beardsley to resign to avoid the black mark on his CV or if he refuses sack him, if they sack him it will be gross misconduct so they wont have to pay him a penny.

So unsurprisingly, Ashley has left Charnley to literally do everything. I know a sale is probably imminent, but that is a crazy level of disregard for something you own

Well there's nobody else! :lol:

So unsurprisingly, Ashley has left Charnley to literally do everything. I know a sale is probably imminent, but that is a crazy level of disregard for something you own

Its an HR issue, why wouldn't it be left to the MD of the company? There's literally nothing Ashley needs to do apart from wait till Charley has done the investigation, as the owner of he club that what he pays Charnley to do

Ashley will no all about this - Beardsley has been his club mole, so he will have protected him. Of course, Ashley will deny this and any flak will be placed on the 'system' or Charnley. Once again, it highlights what a pisspot operation NUFC is - Rafa aside. He must be mortified. :(

Its an HR issue, why wouldn't it be left to the MD of the company? There's literally nothing Ashley needs to do apart from wait till Charley has done the investigation, as the owner of he club that what he pays Charnley to do

Well in most businesses of this size there would be other senior leaders that could be involved in an investigation but at NUFC there is a skeleton staff.

The article says Charnley has been left to run basically every aspect of the club. Basidia, if it were an HR issue the club should have an HR person or department

Statement from Beardsley's solicitors:

“Peter Beardsley is aware of inaccurate media reports which result from unauthorised leaks.

“Allegations of unfair treatment have been made, which are currently being investigated. Peter Beardsley categorically denies the allegations. It is hoped the investigation will conclude quickly.

“Peter Beardsley will not be making any further comment at the present time and until investigations conclude. Peter respectfully request that his privacy and that of his family is respected.”

“Unauthorized leaks”, who the fuck does he think he is?