U23s & Academy

Skirge

It was interesting when the True Geordie asked Kieron Dyer about it, and Dyer immediately started talking about what princesses modern footballers are, and how batshit crazy the parents of academy players are.

Not that I have any idea about Beardsley (except that he doesn't seem very effective), but it was interesting perspective.

Guest firetotheworks

At the very least if he's said "you lot should be good at this" to black players at Go Ape, then there's nothing remotely pathetic about reporting that at all. Unless you're ITK then you don't really know what's gone on, but considering the accusations have only been thrown at Beardsley, for the same thing (bullying), from multiple players and on two occasions, it seems a bit daft to not question the common denominator first.

At the very least if he's said "you lot should be good at this" to black players at Go Ape, then there's nothing remotely pathetic about reporting that at all. Unless you're ITK then you don't really know what's gone on, but considering the accusations have only been thrown at Beardsley, for the same thing (bullying), from multiple players and on two occasions, it seems a bit daft to not question the common denominator first.

So you think Beardsley is making some kind of infantile monkey inference? And where there is smoke there is fire? I can imagine Beardsley not having the best communication/interpersonal skills what if that is the problem: he’s a bit gauche and awkward. Not saying it is, but I had expected some clear unambiguous nastiness to have been reported by now. I haven’t seen anything that doesn’t require a bit of interpretation and implied malevolence, yet.

Guest firetotheworks

So you think Beardsley is making some kind of infantile monkey inference? And where there is smoke there is fire? I can imagine Beardsley not having the best communication/interpersonal skills what if that is the problem: he’s a bit gauche and awkward. Not saying it is, but I had expected some clear unambiguous nastiness to have been reported by now. I haven’t seen anything that doesn’t require a bit of interpretation and implied malevolence, yet.

What other interpretation of that quote is there? Not to be all 'It's 2018...' but there's no excuse for anyone to come out with that, particularly someone in his position. His intention isn't relevant imo, it's a very basic, straight down the line sackable offence in any line of work.

My point is that that on its own is enough. The bullying side of things isn't a 'there's no smoke without fire' assertion, although it's definitely in that territory now imo, more that, why wouldn't you suspect him as much or more than just dismissing it as 'all seeming a bit pathetic' without any evidence either way?

It was interesting when the True Geordie asked Kieron Dyer about it, and Dyer immediately started talking about what princesses modern footballers are, and how batshit crazy the parents of academy players are.

Not that I have any idea about Beardsley (except that he doesn't seem very effective), but it was interesting perspective.

Surprising that he'd outright say that sort of thing. Isn't he still an academy coach at Ipswich?

What other interpretation of that quote is there? Not to be all 'It's 2018...' but there's no excuse for anyone to come out with that, particularly someone in his position. His intention isn't relevant imo, it's a very basic, straight down the line sackable offence in any line of work.

My point is that that on its own is enough. The bullying side of things isn't a 'there's no smoke without fire' assertion, although it's definitely in that territory now imo, more that, why wouldn't you suspect him as much or more than just dismissing it as 'all seeming a bit pathetic' without any evidence either way?

"You lot should be good at this." To a group of athletic young men who are climbing? Maybe some of whom have shown gymnastic ability, or who knows what else. There are multiple interpretations, even though the one you have jumped to is the one most would, most importantly, including those on the receiving end. I do suspect him,  I had just expected more substance and umabiguous racism in the examples which have come out.

Guest Howaythetoon

There is no smoke without fire... there is a case of man up, banter, ladz, snow flakes etc. But any person of authority in sport, especially when it comes to coaching youngsters and younger people need to be squeaky clean at all times. I seriously doubt Beardsley is a racist in that he hates black people or foreigners, but it’s akin to bullying and if reports are true, bullying based on race and or ethnicity and it’s not on, not in this day and age. Imagine my son going to school, mixed race, and his PE teacher saying howay lad, you should be fast given your Kenyan mother. I’d be fucking livid and would kick right off even though it’s not exactly offensive or even racist, it’s just a backward way of thinking that can belittle a person or make them feel either inferior, different or bad at what they are doing, all because of race, heritage or ethnicity and that’s what’s wrong. I don’t care how rich they are, how talented they are, how spoilt they are, we are talking about people in what is essentially a workplace and that work place needs to embody respect, professionalism and equality at all times, especially in sport.

Surprising that he'd outright say that sort of thing. Isn't he still an academy coach at Ipswich?

Yes he is.  I was surprised with his comments but that’s what he was getting at, although he distanced himself from knowing anything about the Beardsley situation.

Tree Climbing comments at African Players, if true, is nothing other than utterly racist and unnacceptable. People who say those types of things then come out with something like "Oh I meant fit young lads should be better at it, of course." know exactly what they are doing. They then tend to complain about PC gone mad.

Guest firetotheworks

"You lot should be good at this." To a group of athletic young men who are climbing? Maybe some of whom have shown gymnastic ability, or who knows what else. There are multiple interpretations, even though the one you have jumped to is the one most would, most importantly, including those on the receiving end. I do suspect him,  I had just expected more substance and umabiguous racism in the examples which have come out.

Give over, man. [emoji38]

Guest firetotheworks

Because if he's definitely said it, thinking there's any other meaning to "you lot should be good at this" in that situation is just ridiculous.

I agree with Altamullan. I asked on here a few weeks ago for a summary of what he’s been accused of actually doing and got nothing back. The little bits that I see quoted seem ambiguous in particular “You lot...” as to me that’s just an older person talking to a group of younger people.

Because if he's definitely said it, thinking there's any other meaning to "you lot should be good at this" in that situation is just ridiculous.

If that was genuinely said & aimed at just Black lads, its at best unbelievably naïve & at worst just plain old school racism.

If that was genuinely said & aimed at just Black lads, its at best unbelievably naïve & at worst just plain old school racism.

"at worst"

Yeah, nowt wrong with a bit old school racism in the workplace.

Guest firetotheworks

I agree with Altamullan. I asked on here a few weeks ago for a summary of what he’s been accused of actually doing and got nothing back. The little bits that I see quoted seem ambiguous in particular “You lot...” as to me that’s just an older person talking to a group of younger people.

Even if he's said 'you lot should be good at this' specifically to the black lads at Go Ape? Again, we don't know that that's exactly what's happened, but that's what's been alleged.

"at worst"

Nah, that's not what I meant. Was it the "just" part that threw you?

Maybe I`ll have to brush up on my grammar, I cant be being outed as the boards latent racist 

"at worst"

Maybe I`ll have to brush up on my grammar, I cant be being outed as the boards latent racist 

Yep, "just". Would make better sense without it now you've explained.

"at worst"

Thanks for that, Ive got loads of black mates and that & I`ve only ever read two chapters of "Mein Kampf"

"at worst"

Thanks for that, Ive got loads of black mates and that & I`ve only ever read two chapters of "Mein Kampf"

Just black mates? No asians?