Newcastle 1 - 2 Manchester United - 04/03/09 - post match reaction from page 18

Dave

Taylor needs to sort himself out, it aint helping no one getting himself sent off. We're lucky as hell to not be down to 10 men right now.

No doubt ronaldo will now take the piss 2nd half knowing if steven taylor makes a late tackle hes gone. The ref will watch that footage & be waiting for an excuse to get him off

I don't know why our game is on TV, such games as home to Boro, home to West Brom, tonight. I don't know what Sky are playing at. Thought Newcastle Man Utd would have been miles ahead when choosing the games.

There's no way in hell that's a red card. Come on, stop it now, that wasn't an attempt to knock it out, it was a bad attempt to get around. Taylors reaction is just to try to show them that it wasn't nothing, it wasn't like he was scared of getting sent off.

The Man U fans screaming for a red.

Rooney throws an elbow at Colo, Colo just shakes it off and heads back.

Taylor goes with his arm around Ronaldo's neck, barely touching him and the guy throws himself into the ground covering his face reacting like he's just been sliced by a samurai sword.

Very pleasing performance and if we keep the same sort of effort and intencity up in the second half and lose, well so be it, I'll still be happy with the performance.

But why can't we play like this against Bolton/Stoke/teams we should beat? So frustrating.

Oba/Lovenkrands is working really well, hopefully Hughton and Co. see this and we don't see Ameobi again this season.

A surprisingly good first half, but we haven't had much to offer the last 20 minutes or so. Our defenders don't look comfortable, especially not with Rooney and Ronaldo, so I hope Hughton sees that we can only win by attacking them. They're struggling when we make quick passes and attack with more players than just Martins and Løvenkrands. I have a hope of a win here, but no doubt we will get raped in the second half.

Taylor needs to sort himself out, it aint helping no one getting himself sent off. We're lucky as hell to not be down to 10 men right now.

No doubt ronaldo will now take the piss 2nd half knowing if steven taylor makes a late tackle hes gone. The ref will watch that footage & be waiting for an excuse to get him off

And Taylor thinks he's passionate...I'd say that's stupidy

There's no way in hell that's a red card. Come on, stop it now, that wasn't an attempt to knock it out, it was a bad attempt to get around. Taylors reaction is just to try to show them that it wasn't nothing, it wasn't like he was scared of getting sent off.

lol

Mate thats an instant red, hes taken ronaldo out with an arm across the neck and then chopped vidic ? In half with a follow up tackle. He ran off to pretend it was nothing big.

Guest optimistic nit

cue houghton taking off oba, bassong and harper

tbh hughton made very good substitutions against everton. really is our support that shit that even when we're challenging against man u you still get cunts with nothing better to do than have a dig at our players and backroom staff.

lol

Mate thats an instant red, hes taken ronaldo out with an arm across the neck and then chopped vidic ? In half with a follow up tackle. He ran off to pretend it was nothing big.

It could've been a yellow and then yellow (for the subsequent tackles), but neither of them was ever a straight red card, and after Vidic's yellow earlier in the half when he blatantly took Martins out who was through on goal, I don't think Man Utd can have anything to complain about.

lol

Bollocks, its only a red if u make contact with the face/head not a forearm to the neck.