Newcastle 1 - 2 Manchester United - 04/03/09 - post match reaction from page 18

Dave

Problem with owen is that hes very much a cherry on top kinda player.

If your teams doing well he can apply the finish...he'd thrive still in a class side. But hes not a player who can pick a team up himself...which makes him a useless captain tbh.

8 goals in 19 league games, you'd think that was as good as it gets for a striker in a bottom 5 side.

For comparison:

Santa Cruz 4 in 19

Crouch 8 in 27

Alves 4 in 24

Jones 7 in 18

Cisse 9 in 25

Fuller 6 in 23

Pavluchenko 3 in 21

Bent 9 in 24

Defoe 6 in 22

(statstaken from skysports.)

Yet some people talk about Owen as if he was on par with Ameobi.

All i'm saying is that he shouldn't automatically get his shirt back

Really?  :kasper:

Sounds like you want him kicked out the club ASAP.

8 goals in 19 league games, you'd think that was as good as it gets for a striker in a bottom 5 side.

For comparison:

Santa Cruz 4 in 19

Crouch 8 in 27

Alves 4 in 24

Jones 7 in 18

Cisse 9 in 25

Fuller 6 in 23

Pavluchenko 3 in 21

Bent 9 in 24

Defoe 6 in 22

those strikes with the exception of 1 or 2 have a lot more to their game than goals though. All i'm saying is that he shouldn't automatically get his shirt back

A minute ago you said he shouldn't be anywhere near the team given the situation we're in...

For comparison:

Santa Cruz 4 in 19

Crouch 8 in 27

Alves 4 in 24

Jones 7 in 18

Cisse 9 in 25

Fuller 6 in 23

Pavluchenko 3 in 21

Bent 9 in 24

Defoe 6 in 22

those strikes with the exception of 1 or 2 have a lot more to their game than goals though. All i'm saying is that he shouldn't automatically get his shirt back

A minute ago you said he shouldn't be anywhere near the team given the situation we're in...

with alternatives, absolutely. But beyond Lovenkrands and the unlikely occurence of Viduka getting fit there are none. He's here till the end of the season, which is the best for all involved

Aside from Liverpool we seem capable of raising our game against the bigger clubs yet tend to draw or be 'unlucky' and lose. Yet against the teams we should be better than we don't raise our game enough. Annoying.

I've read bits of this thread; it shows you need to be at the match. Raylor made a shocking error for the winner however if Colo hadn't stopped running he would have got to the ball first. I have no idea why a pro would simply stop, it was lik e he was waiting for the whistle.

Two other things; Steve Bennett must be Man U's stooge; he took shit from them all match, he booked Rio at half time but allowed him to take the piss all second half.

Geremi as we know can't run but he can't pass now either. He has received praise on here for his distribution; it was fucking terrible, I lost count of the niumber of misplaced passes he made. I completing a few 10 yard passes counts then he was great, if consistently picking the right ball, long or short and actually to the player or space counts then he was wank.

We did quite well, we ran out of legs & had they not scored the second when they did I think they would have stepped up and scored anyway. We had our chances in the first half, had we gone 2 up we may have secured a point. 

No problem losing a game like this,  the team gave there all & we lost.

Well aye there is, cos they dont put it in against the lesser teams.  They only raise themselves for the big matches. This is what could take us down.

Lazy good for nothing, money grabbing cunts.

Am still sort of buzzin this morning, sad to be so upbeat after a defeat but we really did give them a good game, I bet fergie shat himself and a stupid mistake not man Ure brilliance gave them the win.

Play like that from now on with that passion and fire we will be fine.

Am still sort of buzzin this morning, sad to be so upbeat after a defeat but we really did give them a good game, I bet fergie shat himself and a stupid mistake not man Ure brilliance gave them the win.

We wont tho.  :angry:

Agreed, fingers crossed we keep it up.

The great thing is that all we have to say to the players from now on is "remember what it was like against Man Utd" and they will be able to recall a quality performance. Hopefully that will be the boost they need to perform in the winnable games we've got left.

So much went on in the game but I seem to remember a kick out from a Man Ure player think it was one of the R's Ronaldo or Rooney but cannot remember who they had a kick out at.

Anyone see this? think it was early on in the game.

Guest Stephen927

So much went on in the game but I seem to remember a kick out from a Man Ure player think it was one of the R's Ronaldo or Rooney but cannot remember who they had a kick out at.

Ronaldo, Rooney, Raylor, Rerbatov..

http://nicknackpaddywhack.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/scooby-doo-magnet-c11747661.jpeg

:lol:

Ronaldo, Rooney, Raylor, Rerbatov..

http://nicknackpaddywhack.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/scooby-doo-magnet-c11747661.jpeg

:lol:

:lol: I think it was Rooney on Ronas

:D

our decent performance is as much down to the way man u play as anything else imo. they naturally attack so are open to counter attacks with pace like ours. sorry but i've seen this bunch of players turn out woeful performance after woeful performance against shite opposition that i cant really take many positives from this. we'll roll up at hull, they wont attack anywhere near as much as man u and we'll struggle to break them down.

Guest toonlass

Harper 6

S. Taylor 6

Coloccini 6

Bassong 7.5

Enrique 7

R. Taylor 4

Smith 5

Geremi 6

Jonas 8

Lovenkrands 7.5

Martins 7