The Newcastle United Transfer Thread MkII

Kaizero

He (Ottesen) used to play for Djurgården, my local team. He was never, ever good enough to play at a higher level back then, and struggled to get in the side for 3-4 seasons, but he left the club to go forward. Don't know what's happend to him since then but I'm having a hard time believing he's good enough for us. Was linked to Birmingham and some other PL team earlier in the summer.

From Del Pede over on TT

The other day I mentioned Newcastle having scouts at Aalborg BK - SønderjyskE to look at Ken Ilsø. Today reports are, that Newcastle are in for SønderjyskE defender Sölvi Ottesen, according to bold.dk and Berlingske Tidende. Celtic apparently offerede him a trial last summer, but he didn't leave it seems. Good Ol' wikipedia claiming it to be a done deal btw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%B6lvi_Ottesen

Seems a no nonsense centerback, with a bit of pace in him. SønderjyskE are a rough playing and well organised team. He might have potential. But if there is any validity to the story, I have no idea

Theres a yootoob video kicking about but I don't think we are allowed to post them on here??

Newcastle had scouts at the Scunthorpe v Boro game in midweek too.

From Del Pede over on TT

The other day I mentioned Newcastle having scouts at Aalborg BK - SønderjyskE to look at Ken Ilsø. Today reports are, that Newcastle are in for SønderjyskE defender Sölvi Ottesen, according to bold.dk and Berlingske Tidende. Celtic apparently offerede him a trial last summer, but he didn't leave it seems. Good Ol' wikipedia claiming it to be a done deal btw

Seems a no nonsense centerback, with a bit of pace in him. SønderjyskE are a rough playing and well organised team. He might have potential. But if there is any validity to the story, I have no idea

Theres a yootoob video kicking about but I don't think we are allowed to post them on here??

Looking at Hooper?

From Del Pede over on TT

Looking at Hooper?

Wouldn't have thought so. I didn't ask though ;)

Man United, Liverpool and Spurs all had scouts there too. Think they were looking at Boro players though tbh ;)

I know it's only Youtube (Luque?) but that Icelandic defender looks class.  :lol:  I think it's safer signing Scandanavians than it is Spaniards etc. because they've got a similar footballing culture and should fit in quicker and easier.

Sign him up Chris!  :snod:

I follow Aalborg in the danish league but I haven't seen many of SønderjyskE's games and even when i've seen them, I haven't paid any attention to Sølvi Ottesen, but obviously there must be something about him, he was linked to Celtic and Birmingham earlier.

Guest Heneage

From Del Pede over on TT

I'd be getting the lad over for a trial, he has potential.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/08/22/lovenkrands-i-d-love-to-return-to-newcastle-61634-24503466/

Lovenkrands: I'd love to return to Newcastle

Aug 22 2009 by Mark Douglas, The Journal

PETER Lovenkrands has opened the door for Newcastle United to re-sign him by saying he would love to return to St James’s Park.

But the continuing uncertainty at boardroom level looks to have scuppered United’s chances of signing Sol Campbell, who has begun negotiations with big-spending League Two outfit Notts County.

United are in desperate need of new recruits after a summer fire sale which has seen ten players depart with only the arrival of loan man Danny Simpson mitigating the exodus.

Chris Hughton has drawn up a wish-list of targets in case he gets the green light and both Lovenkrands and Campbell are understood to feature on it.

The Danish winger confirmed Newcastle’s interest to The Journal and said that he would welcome a return to the club and a chance to atone for last season’s heart-breaking relegation.

Lovenkrands has been training with his old team Rangers in an attempt to keep himself fit and has several offers on the table from clubs on the Continent. But the 29-year-old would prefer to move back to England.

“Of course I would be interested in coming back to Newcastle. I really enjoyed my time at the club and would certainly be interested in hearing what they had to say,” he told The Journal.

“As far as I know there has been nothing concrete from them although there has been a bit of interest. I have had a few offers from other clubs as well and there are a few things on the table at the moment for me.

“I know Newcastle are a Championship club now but they still have great fans and I don’t think they will be in the Championship for long. Of course it is a consideration (playing Premier League football) but Newcastle are a big club. They got 43,000 fans for the last game, it is great the fans are still backing the team.”

United’s hopes of signing Campbell appeared to be fading after he began negotiations with former England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson at Meadow Lane.

Campbell, a free agent after leaving Portsmouth at the end of the season, is mulling over an offer which would match the wages he was on at Pompey and give him a break into coaching.

But, just like Lovenkrands, he is yet to be offered a contract by the United hierarchy. His agent Sky Andrew was coy on the switch to Newcastle when contacted by The Journal this week, while Hughton denied reports that Campbell had been at the training ground.

But the player himself appeared to give the speculation credence when he took in last weekend’s game against Reading – and told supporters that he would like to move to Newcastle.

It will be of some comfort to United fans that there has been no further decimation of the squad following Damien Duff’s move to Fulham.

Reports continue to link Steven Taylor with a move away from Newcastle but he appears to be delaying a decision on his future until the club’s ownership issue is finally resolved. Taylor is interesting up to five top-flight clubs including Everton and Aston Villa, but reports that he had begun discussions with the Toffees are premature.

Taylor travelled with the squad to London yesterday and is set to play against Crystal Palace this afternoon alongside Fabricio Coloccini, another who is for sale at the right price.

Taylor would leave St James’s Park with a heavy heart and would almost certainly stay for the rest of the season if Alan Shearer was installed as manager. But he has grown impatient waiting for news on that front.