The Newcastle United Transfer Thread MkII

Kaizero

These cunts have a hardon for us selling Taylor, no mention we lost Bassong and need a CB anyway.

Newcastle looking to land Sheffield United defender Matthew Kilgallon

Newcastle United are lining up Sheffield United centre half Matthew Kilgallon - in case they have to sell Steven Taylor before the deadline.

England under-21 star Taylor is attracting major interest and may go if an auction starts to take the price to around £7 million.

And the managerless Geordies have made a serious inquiry for Kilgallon, whose contract is in its final year at their Championship rivals.

Kilgallon is already fancied by Scottish giants Celtic and seems sure to move rather than quit Bramall Lane on a free next summer - with the Toon's negotiators keen to buy at £2 million-plus to leave them with a big profit on the Taylor deal.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-looking-to-land-Sheffield-United-defender-Matthew-Kilgallon-article123759.html

I don't really get why our defenders are attracting so many bidders in the Premiership, tbh. Someone should tell them that we had the 2nd worse goals against in the league last year.

Kilgallon would be a welcome addition, I'm sure, but I find it hard to believe that there is someone here making a decision on bringing players in.

Dont know anything about Kilgallon and likewise Williamson at Watford.

We will need at least two more CB's even if both Taylor and Colo stay. Campbell for the experience factor than another solid player would give us a decent balance, both Kilgallon and Williamson sound solid in the championship which is what we need, whether they make the step up to the premier league, should we go up is a matter for then.

I dont believe Kadar will be used too much at CB, back up for Enrique looks more likely, although Shearer may see it different if he comes in. I know he has said we only have two full backs in Enrique and now Simpson, so maybe he either rates Kadar at CB or he isnt ready yet.

I don't really get why our defenders are attracting so many bidders in the Premiership, tbh. Someone should tell them that we had the 2nd worse goals against in the league last year.

Because it didn't really have much to do with our actual defence - it was the shit infront of them that ultimately caused the goals.  Everyone in our preferred defenders last season (Beye, Taylor, Colo, Bassong, Enrique) are far too good for this club in its current state and that is why they are attracting bids from Prem clubs - they are Prem-level players.

Marca today have Enrique linked with Real Zaragoza, and Coloccini with Espanyol.

We will be struggling to put out a team at this rate.

Marca spouts all kinds of shit like.

Guest Rob 1988

Espanyol can take Coloccini on a Free he was Cr*p last night against sheff wed. :celb:

I'm glad you're not in f***ing charge.

so you think he is a good player for newcastle utd in the championship ?

Espanyol can take Coloccini on a Free he was Cr*p last night against sheff wed. :celb:

Not particularly, but I think he cost us £10m and we should recoup some of that money if we were to offload him.

Guest Rob 1988

Not particularly, but I think he cost us £10m and we should recoup some of that money if we were to offload him.

How much could we get for him 2m,3m no one will pay over that.. (really bad buy from Dennis wise)

How much could we get for him 2m,3m no one will pay over that.. (really bad buy from Dennis wise)

If there's not a replacement gonna come in, then we keep him. Simple as that.

Listen to Shola!!!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5503095,00.html

Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi has called on the club to bring in reinforcements to aid their bid for an immediate return to the Premier League.

Ameobi has spearheaded the Magpies' solid start to life in the Championship, with his winner against Sheffield Wednesday coming hot on the heels of his weekend hat-trick against Reading.

The rangy forward believes that Chris Hughton needs more options at his disposal after the summer exits of several key players and a shortage of new arrivals.

Hughton remains at the helm with owner Mike Ashley still looking to sell the club, although there has been precious little progress on the takeover this summer.

And Ameobi does not believe the Magpies have the depth available to cope with the 46-game Championship season, not to mention additional cup competitions.

Dig deep

Speaking after the win over the Owls, he told The Chronicle: "We haven't got many players. I thought that showed. There are a lot of heavy legs.

"There's a lot of games, and we haven't got many players to rotate.

"The games are coming thick and fast, and we had to dig deep now.

"We haven't been used to playing back-to-back games like that, but we ground it out and produced the win."

Ameobi is more than happy with his personal return of four goals from three games so far and is eager to continue in his current scoring groove.

He added: "For strikers, goals breed confidence. That's nothing new.

"I'm obviously delighted to have contributed. I've got a lot of confidence and, hopefully, I can ride it and help us win as many games as possible."

From Del Pede over on TT

The other day I mentioned Newcastle having scouts at Aalborg BK - SønderjyskE to look at Ken Ilsø. Today reports are, that Newcastle are in for SønderjyskE defender Sölvi Ottesen, according to bold.dk and Berlingske Tidende. Celtic apparently offerede him a trial last summer, but he didn't leave it seems. Good Ol' wikipedia claiming it to be a done deal btw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%B6lvi_Ottesen

Seems a no nonsense centerback, with a bit of pace in him. SønderjyskE are a rough playing and well organised team. He might have potential. But if there is any validity to the story, I have no idea

Theres a yootoob video kicking about but I don't think we are allowed to post them on here??

Guest Anders Rye

Article says Newcastle is interested in Icelandic defender Sölvi Ottesen, who plays in Denmark. I have never noticed him so can't tell anything, Sønderjyské the club he plays for nearly avoided relegation last year.