Newcastle vs Chelsea - April Sat 4th @ 15:00

Skirge

I don't know if it's true but I heard them saying something about 6 games in charge, which would start at Spurs, still this is a huge lift either way.

He corrected himself later and said 'he got caught up in the excitement of the moment' and meant 8 games.

I don't know if it's true but I heard them saying something about 6 games in charge, which would start at Spurs, still this is a huge lift either way.

He corrected himself later and said 'he got caught up in the excitement of the moment' and meant 8 games.

Nice one. :D

Forgetting the whole Shearer thing for a minute, this game is a perfect oppurtinity to kick start our run in. We need to go into the Stoke game with a bit of confidence and even a draw would give us that. Chelsea will try and stop the flow we showed against Man Utd and Arsenal but if we take half of the chances we had in those games, winning is not an impossibility, even if we do conceed.

Obviously the atmosphere will be electric but it is not all about Shearer - there will be 11 players on the pitch who need our support. Either way, I am really looking forward to the game now despite the relegation battle that is STILL happening!

Guest black n white

100000000000000000000000000000000000000000-0 to us!

Just getting in there first ;)

Nah i think they might nick a consolation. :celb:

We went toe to toe with the Mancs & Arsenal for a large portion of both games hopefully Al will have given the players a lift, who in turn lift a crowd that is pumped, who then give the players the confidence to win this game.

I think we'll play a lot like we did against Man Utd but Chelsea's quality will show. 2-1 to Chelsea but a much more improved display and spirited performance from the lads. Remember this isn't one of the games we set aside as a winnable game.  But would be more than happy if we sneaked a draw.

Just hope we score first and see  :dowie: celebrating like a mad man .

The difference is Bolton put 11 behind the ball and didn't allow us to play at all.

Chelsea need to pick up points and will commit to attack rather than defence.

With the crowd behind them and the 'Shearer factor' about, this could be a very open and entertaining game.