Newcastle vs Chelsea - April Sat 4th @ 15:00

Skirge

Ive heard that theres bus loads of Rangers fans coming down tomorrow to support Chelsea.

Whats that all about?

They've always had strong links with Chelsea as a club.

Guest toonlass

Ive heard that theres bus loads of Rangers fans coming down tomorrow to support Chelsea.

Whats that all about?

They've always had strong links with Chelsea as a club.

Yup they have. I know several rangers fans who are also toon fans but a lot more look for chelsea's results and not just since the Abramovic era.

1-1. A spirited performance that gives sufficient hope for the other games, though can see Chelsea [pardew]raping[/pardew] you at some point and Harper needing to be on form.

I can only imagine what a win would do to this club. Imagine if we beat them tomorrow and then go to Stoke and completel rip them apart. Wouldnt it be fantastic?

But i still think Chelsea will beat us 2-1, but we'll see a much improved display from the team and we might even sneak in with a draw.

1-1. A spirited performance that gives sufficient hope for the other games, though can see Chelsea [pardew]raping[/pardew] you at some point and Harper needing to be on form.

That's the best we can hope for I reckon. A win isn't completely out of the question, but it's so unlikely as to not really be woth thinking about seriously. More importantly we need to make sure we don't lose the apparant momentum this appointment has given us. It's the following home games in which our destiny is in our own hands.

Despite the euphoria the appointment has given us, I still think Chelsea will have too much for us and they'll come away with a win perhaps 1-0 or 2-0. I think we will however see a much improved performance, with a desire to get into the task at hand, this will hopefully set us up for the cruical game at Stoke, we may even be able to take something out of that fixture now.

Despite the euphoria the appointment has given us, I still think Chelsea will have too much for us and they'll come away with a win perhaps 1-0 or 2-0. I think we will however see a much improved performance, with a desire to get into the task at hand, this will hopefully set us up for the cruical game at Stoke, we may even be able to take something out of that fixture now.

You make it sound like a managerial activity training weekend in the Lake District  :lol:

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1611839,00.html

Full House For Big Al Homecoming!

NEWCASTLE United supporters have snapped up every last one of the 52,000 seats inside St.James' Park for what promises to be a hair-raising occasion as Alan Shearer makes his return as manager against Chelsea on Saturday.

Shearer (above) received a raucous welcome from the hundreds of Geordie fans who waited outside the famous Milburn Stand entrance on Thursday afternoon to greet their hero following his unveiling to the media.

And Saturday's reception proves to be even more emotional with a full house sure to raise the roof when he is unveiled before kick-off.

Havent heard anyone of our players 100% ruled out yet so at the minute would go with

Harper

Beye  Bassong Taylor Enrique

Jonas Nolan  Guthrie  Duff

Owen  Martins.

Havent heard anyone of our players 100% ruled out yet so at the minute would go with

Harper

Owen  Martins.

Surely you would have the left footed Bassong at left centre back and the right footed Taylor at right centre back if you were going to have those two in central defence?

Harper

Owen  Martins.

Surely you would have the left footed Bassong at left centre back and the right footed Taylor at right centre back if you were going to have those two in central defence?

Yes but i didnt know you would be so picky.

Harper

Owen  Martins.

How apt your avatar is.  :coolsmiley:

Guest Alan_Shearer

No Drogba, Joe Cole, Cavalho and Bosingwa, 4 starters, this is deffo very good for us. Can't ask for much more than that, if theres ever a good time to play Chelsea it's now especially since atleast one or both of Taylor and Bassong plays.

See, I think we'll be full of energy and drive but I am concerned about the midfield. If Lampard, Obi, and Essien are fit, I think we'll struggle to touch the ball. Essien is so powerful and Lampard an Obi both are really composed. If Ballack starts, I like our chances, tbh.