Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Pure speculation but I think the lack of news tonight means some announcement is imminent.

Lunchtime tomorrow. :thup:

i think the lack of news, means a lack of agreement with, MA+ AS

I hope so. After all the hours i've spent around reading on the internet and this forum for the last few days im starting tp have the same eyes as that damn dog.

:kinnear:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1189344/Newcastle-owner-Ashley-calls-patience-works-Shearers-demands.html?ITO=1490

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is working through Alan Shearer's list of demands and is hoping to clinch the deal which will secure him as manager this weekend.

The billionaire sportswear magnate has told Shearer, his advisers and fans to be patient as he draws up a policy to take the relegated club forward under the former captain's command.

Shearer has confirmed to Ashley that he is willing to take the job if he can have a £15million transfer budget and get guarantees over the running of the club as he looks to cut the £74mwage bill.

He has told Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias the players he wants to keep and those he is willing to sacrifice at the right price.

Central to his rebuilding plans are defenders Steven Taylor, Sebastien Bassong and Habib Beye but they could attract interest from sides still in the Barclays Premier League.

Shearer has already put a £15m price tag on Bassong, a £500,000 signing from Metz last summer, who is looking to better his £5,000-a-week wages and has attracted interest from Arsenal, Aston Villa and Everton.

"The billionaire sportswear magnate has told Shearer, his advisers and fans to be patient as he draws up a policy to take the relegated club forward under the former captain's command."

He has?  :dowie:

Seriously though, that sounds positive at least.

I bet that Shearer has one hell of a list. And if he's staying as a owner of the club he cannot afford to loose Shearer, and that means that Shearer will probably get what he demands (and i cannot imagine shearer demanding something VERY unrealistic, he's smarter than that)

If we were to keep Beye, Bassong and Taylor and keep them fit then that would give us a fantastic base to rebuild our new side.  Get a quick striker to play up front with Carroll and then a couple of central midfielders who are mobile and can pass the ball and we could start to look forward to a good season.

Nothing would make me happier - with Big Al in charge and a solid backroom staff that he's handpicked.

Getting images of a revamped, hungry Newcastle side that will give it all every match, scoring goals and winning matches, bringing some joy back in our lives in regards to the club. Basically putting two fingers up to the Premier League and all the doubters - we are coming back, better than before and will not put up being a laughing stock. 

Ashley - give us our Shearer and let him move this club forward. 

Nothing would make me happier - with Big Al in charge and a solid backroom staff that he's handpicked.

Getting images of a revamped, hungry Newcastle side that will give it all every match, scoring goals and winning matches, bringing some joy back in our lives in regards to the club. Basically putting two fingers up to the Premier League and all the doubters - we are coming back, better than before and will not put up being a laughing stock. 

Ashley - give us our Shearer and let him move this club forward. 

Oooohh I would love that so much. A young side that shows a bit of belief, that actually goes out on the attack looking to win games. A midfield that can actually create something! :frantic: