Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Is "data room" some sort of technical jargon for a computer room?

Seems a strange phrase, why can't he just say, "they are allowed to look at the books"?

I know, i know because he's a cretin.

Data room is a term people use in business to refer to the "data room" that due diligence files are kept. I'm sure in older times a specific secure meeting room/space was kept for potential buyers to send their analysts and accountants in.

Apparently its an online version of the clubs books. People or groups who have proved they have the cash to buy the club can look at the books before finalising their bid for the club.

But if people have proved this already and then surely they didn't have to wait till everyone had before they allowed access, surely they can given individual access. Basically it sounds like we're a joke again.

Not necessarily, they will likely have set deadlines - OK on X date, all buyers have to prove their cash status. OK great, next step is on X date we will open our data room for a period of XX time. First interested group will get first shot to buy (if you believe the reports). Its literally a rat race this sale it seems.

Guest ItalianMagpie

I've just read that all of the 4 consortia bidding for the club agreed on keeping Shearer as manager, so it seems he's going to be offered a contract imminently, even before they come to an agreement. Can this be true?

I've just read that all of the 4 consortia bidding for the club agreed on keeping Shearer as manager, so it seems he's going to be offered a contract imminently, even before they come to an agreement. Can this be true?

Click your heels three times and it will be so!

Source?

Guest ItalianMagpie

Source?

Not the most reliable, actually: newcastle-mad.co.uk.

Source?

Might as well say you saw it daubed in human shite on Byker Wall.

Source?

I'll wait till a more reliable source confirms it before I start jumping up and down.

It was in The Journal today.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/06/17/newcastle-united-transfer-hotline-on-alert-61634-23894969/

The sale of United moves on to a significant new stage today when the window for interested parties to confirm they have the funds needed to buy the club closes, and the due diligence process begins.

This will also enable owner Mike Ashley to gauge the opinion of all the interested parties and should all of them – and that is understood to be the case – want Shearer as manager, the former skipper will be confirmed as manager almost immediately with his appointment no longer a barrier to any takeover. Should that favourable verdict materialise, Shearer will throw himself into the job with gusto as he tries to make up for lost time, with no pre-season friendlies arranged and no plans in place for the start of the Championship season, even though Newcastle’s fixtures will be released later today.

Is Shearer most peoples first choice?

Im probably in the monority when i say that I dont want him managing the club. I know comparison to Souness will get me slated but charactrer wise and attitude wise Im struggling to see too many difference, anyone care to enlighten me as to what it is that makes Shearer so qualified?

I can see a similarity character-wise with Alex Ferguson. :dontknow: You make up your own interpretations.

Just cos you take the disciplinarian approach doens't mean you're a shit manager. Souness just happened to be a thoroughly shit manager, he was also pretty arrogant and pretty deluded when it came to certain players (the better ones) too. As i say, you make your own mind up on managers and what sort of people they are, but i think it's a bit daft comparing him to someone like Souness just because he told the laxidaisical fuckers in our squad to get a grip.

Is Shearer most peoples first choice?

Im probably in the monority when i say that I dont want him managing the club. I know comparison to Souness will get me slated but charactrer wise and attitude wise Im struggling to see too many difference, anyone care to enlighten me as to what it is that makes Shearer so qualified?

He's played here during the good times, and will want to get the club back up to that level. That has got to be additional motivation!