Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Guest fraser

David Craig has been on SSN just now saying Shearer will wait for as long as it takes; is this old news?

Guest Brazilianbob

Despite what Ashley has said about Shearer being the only choice for NUFC, I don't think he has ever had any intention of appointing him, due to Shearers demands for transfer funds and keeping certain players in order to bounce back into the EPL.

I have heard this unsubstantiated talk that Kinnear will be brought back as manager, but in my view, despite his poor record last season, Chris Hughton may just have learnt a few things during our slide from the EPL, and his 100% record in pre-season friendlies just might indicate that he could be our unexpected saviour this coming season.

Guest The Libertine
but in my view, despite his poor record last season, Chris Hughton may just have learnt a few things during our slide from the EPL, and his 100% record in pre-season friendlies just might indicate that he could be our unexpected saviour this coming season.

http://i31.tinypic.com/33ksk85.gif

Guest icemanblue

but in my view, despite his poor record last season, Chris Hughton may just have learnt a few things during our slide from the EPL, and his 100% record in pre-season friendlies just might indicate that he could be our unexpected saviour this coming season.

Genius!

The new hardline Chris hughton certainly won't let the players take liberties that's for sure...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OQFmCfEWnIU/Sdj9C1GJZ7I/AAAAAAAAAk8/ZW4fwMeDVrw/s320/SM1.jpg

I reckon Hughton won't be as shit as he was in the PL. The Championship is an easier league, I mean look at some of the fuckwitts who manage to get sides into playoff positions or even promoted.

Guest Brazilianbob

To all the pedantics out there, all I mean is Hughton has never looked to be manager, but along the way he may have picked up a bit of useful experience that could well stand him and us in good stead in the CCC if we are lumbered with him by Ashley/Llambias.

If he gets us promoted back to the EPL by an overwhelming points total will anyone still be calling for Shearer to be appointed.  I hope not!  Hughton is expected to fail abysmally so no pressure might just lead to success.  I couldn't give a toss whether it's Shearer or the man in the moon as manager just so long as we are successful in getting promoted!!

I think to say there's no pressure is a bit far, there's still pressure on him regardless of how much people expect failure. Still, I think Hughton could do a half decent job in this league, although I'd prefer almost anyone else (just not Kinnear...).

:mackems:

I reckon Hughton won't be as shit as he was in the PL. The Championship is an easier league, I mean look at some of the fuckwitts who manage to get sides into playoff positions or even promoted.

Is it bollocks.

The Championship is the worst league in the country.

:mackems:

:lol:

Guest GAMMELL

P!ssing myself, cheers Libertine  :lol: :lol:

Is it bollocks.

Yep. League 1 is gonna be as bad next season too though. The PL is actually the easier of the 3.

Guest fading star

Being cynical, I reckon Ashley will wait until the transfer window is closed before appointing a manager.  That way, they can get on with selling players without any interference from a manager and not buy any new ones.  Shearer will probably be back on MOTD as he will have to make a commitment to the BBC very soon and then Ashley can say that Shearer didn't wait for them so they couldn't appoint him. 

They will not want a manager who is going to ask awkward questions and I think they are going to need someone with a reputation of developing young players as that is all that will be left.

Now you’re talking Ashley’s language. Confusion and secrecy are the cornerstone of Ashley’s tactics. He hides his intentions, delivers a blow and runs away, leaving one of his puppets to try and blame someone else for the damage. Confusion reigns supreme.

He also loves deadlines, which create pressure to act in haste, and once they’ve past there’s nothing that can be done. Most his really controversial moves have coincided with the closure of the transfer window. The end of next month should be interesting.

I’d love if it Shearer made a stand and committed his future to the BBC.

Is it bollocks.

He didn't say its a softer league did he, he said easier, by which he obviously means lower quality.

I know it's not yet come out official, but there's a few rumours in the papers about Shearer walking away from Newcastle very soon out of frustration.  It could be bullshit, but lets pretend its true and he does turn his back on the job.

Are any of you backing Shearer if he does that?

I'm not sure I can.  I would agree that he has been messed around and let down by Ashley, however next season we need a strong leader and right now I'd only trust the job to Shearer as I can't see us attracting a manager who will get us back up at the moment.  If Shearer is all about Newcastle then why not demand to take the job now, bring some stability to the club and see if you can influence clubs to bid closer to what Ashley wants by making it look like a more attractive proposition.

I know it's not yet come out official, but there's a few rumours in the papers about Shearer walking away from Newcastle very soon out of frustration.  It could be bullshit, but lets pretend its true and he does turn his back on the job.

Are any of you backing Shearer if he does that?

I'm not sure I can.  I would agree that he has been messed around and let down by Ashley, however next season we need a strong leader and right now I'd only trust the job to Shearer as I can't see us attracting a manager who will get us back up at the moment.  If Shearer is all about Newcastle then why not demand to take the job now, bring some stability to the club and see if you can influence clubs to bid closer to what Ashley wants by making it look like a more attractive proposition.

Deja vu. Are we really going to allow Fat Mike to tarnish another Newcastle legend?

Guest Stephen927

Shearer can't wait around for ever. If he does want to stay around in management, then I'm sure another club would take him on at about Championship level. Or if he wants to go back to being a pundit MOTD is back on in a few weeks time, so it's not as though he's got all the time in the world to wait around for the club to make a decision.

Guest Brazilianbob

To all the pedantics out there,

It's pedants

I stand corrected, but you set yourself up as a prime example! :-)

Guest sicko2ndbest

Hs just said when asked about the managers job

'If you have any information if you could let me know that would be great'

or something like that :(