Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Guest Brazilianbob

it's both hilarious and downright tragic that so many daft fuckers on this board still think this a fool's day prank

Can anyone get on the official site?  I can't, and it looks to me like it has been hacked so fans can't get on and see the official denial from the club.  It's an April fool people period!  My God some people are so gullible!!!

Can anyone get on the official site?  I can't, and it looks to me like it has been hacked so fans can't get on and see the official denial from the club.  It's an April fool people period!  My God some people are so gullible!!!

works fine for me, no news on there about Shearer tho...

Guest toonlass

works fine for me, no news on there about Shearer tho...

it's both hilarious and downright tragic that so many daft fuckers on this board still think this a fool's day prank

Nothing on the official site yet... Teamtalk says: "Shearer is expected to start work straight away but reports suggest he will not be unveiled to the media until Thursday."

No possible way its a hoax people.  I have to admit I was a non believer until I put SSN on last night then boom, confirmed. 

The complaints EVERY press outlet in this country would get would be a backlash of maddening proportions. 

i'm feeling slightly weird about this all...I'm happy he's come, not in the circumstances tho.

Just hope this means some changes in the background as to the running of the club...I'm sure Shearer would have laid out how he wanted to work very clearly to MA...

ah well :) its better than Hughton and Calderwood dragging us down slowly :)

Guest pandaknowsbest

If it is in an april fool, made up by the usual smarmy journo's then its about time people boycotted the websites/papers the story has run in. Because lets face it, there is april fool, and there is making a complete mockery of newcastle fans. Today of all days is clearly the perfect opportunity for them to do that, and get away with murder if folks let them. I don't think the predicament were in is a laughing matter, nor warrants jokes being made at our expense.

I guess our date with destiny has arrived.

Mixed feelings really. On the plus side, there will be a truce in the civil war that's been raging all season. I'm sure that was putting extra pressure on the players and staff, and it would only have got worse in the weeks ahead. I also think that Shearer has the ability to be a good manager - all he seemed to lack was the motivation.

On the debit side, we'll still have the same bunch of players so we can't expect miracles, and Shearer's appointment will definitely favour Owen, which I don't think is best either from the playing side or group morale. How well Shearer will work with the existing coaching staff we don't know.

As so often in the last few years, fan power has heavily influenced a major decision, and that's usually been to our cost. Let's hope this time it's different.

Pleased, but concur with others that it is too late, why didn't this happen when Kinnear feel ill?  If it had been any other person, I'd have thought it was a stunt to keep fans for next seasob but pretty confident Shearer wouldn't play any Ashley game.

should of ("of" just for dave) been as soon as ashley realised they werent getting sold.

Guest toonlass

YAY Mongs are out in force.

Get a fucking job man...

Sky Sports Dial'A'Mong service in full!

Have the rent a mong brigade arrived? I have had to bow to the pressure of the bairn and put cbeebies on. You have to cringe at those brainless buggers mind.

Get a f***ing job man...

Have the rent a mong brigade arrived? I have had to bow to the pressure of the bairn and put cbeebies on. You have to cringe at those brainless buggers mind.

stick radio 5 on. it's all NUFC

Guest toonlass

Get a f***ing job man...

stick radio 5 on. it's all NUFC

Nice one!  :thup:

Too little too late you fat ignorant bastard.

This

It's better than nothing, for fucks sake.

Not doubting that, but why not do it when Joe took ill?

Great PR move by Ashley though.

He sure got the balls Mr. Shearer, this is a hell of a challenge.

Legend is just not enough for this man, he wants to be god.

little to lose. we go down and it was because of the situation he was given.