Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Guest Gh0StFaC3

OMG OMG OMG OMG this has to be the best day of my life, I find out I don't have breast cancer, and Shearer is our new boss, FUCKING SUCKING DUCKING HELL!

:mackems:

Post of the year !!!!!!!!

Surely something of this importance would be announced on the Official Website, if not first (and it should be on there FIRST) then very soon afterward once the story had leaked (?)

Unless, of course . . .

Surely something of this importance would be announced on the Official Website, if not first (and it should be on there FIRST) then very soon afterward once the story had leaked (?)

Unless, of course . . .

I think its just a late announcement and the web people are asleep dreaming about being able to make better websites..

this news is a total shock but I hope its not all in vein. this season has been a rollercoaster of misery for us all and if he does indeed keep us up, then he'll be knighted. also, the players need to give it one last shot....*plays the final countdown music*

COME ON THE TOON!

Firstly, I won't even consider believing this until I see something on the official website.

Secondly, now I know we're screwed.  We're in the bottom 3, facing a run of likely losses, and very likely to go down.  Many, including myself, have said we'd not consider Shearer until he'd got some lower league management experience.  Well, I guess this may just be how he plans to get his lower league management experience.

Unless, of course . . .

I think its just a late announcement and the web people are asleep dreaming about being able to make better websites..

this news is a total shock but I hope its not all in vein. this season has been a rollercoaster of misery for us all and if he does indeed keep us up, then he'll be knighted. also, the players need to give it one last shot....*plays the final countdown music*

COME ON THE TOON!

I hope you are right when you say it is "just a late announcement".

But, I still worry.  There is still 'something' not quite right about this . . .

If this is an April Fools involving BBC News, Sky Sports and the entire international media then I totally give up on football and quite possibly lie.

Me too, but only after a sniper picks me off from my own nest overlooking a major media outlet. 

fuckin hell, woke up in the middle of the night and this has happened. wonder if im still dreaming...

got to say - another erratic appointment by Ashley, a new manager with zero experience, who youd have to say has been appointed cos Ashley thinks it is what the fans want.

however, the boost this will have over the club could just be enough to see us stave off relegation, and it is, though a huge risk, far better and far less risky than keeping hughton. so credit for FINALLY having the balls to do something even if its a couple of months late. better late than never. what i hope happens now is that shearer proves himself and wins the internal battle to oust wise and co and gets the full-time job at the end of the season.

If this is true, and it all happens. Great. And hopefully Big Al can save us.

But dare I say, if Ash and Co. dare try and screw over Shearer and pull a Keegan, then all hell will break lose x 20 from what happened after Keegan.

Firstly, I won't even consider believing this until I see something on the official website.

Secondly, now I know we're screwed.  We're in the bottom 3, facing a run of likely losses, and very likely to go down.   Many, including myself, have said we'd not consider Shearer until he'd got some lower league management experience.  Well, I guess this may just be how he plans to get his lower league management experience.

Your second point kinda contradicts your first point. :rolleyes:

Secondly, now I know we're screwed.  We're in the bottom 3, facing a run of likely losses, and very likely to go down.   Many, including myself, have said we'd not consider Shearer until he'd got some lower league management experience.  Well, I guess this may just be how he plans to get his lower league management experience.

Your second point kinda contradicts your first point. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I thought I was being clear.  My second point was allowing for the currently hypothetical situation where it does turn out to be true.

So I wasn't intending to contradict myself, just pointing out that I won't believe it until I see it on the official website, but should it turn out that it is true...etc...

Shouldn't be so negative anyway.

We were a cert to go down if things stayed the same.  The whole club has a whole new lease of life and energy now with Shearer appointed.

You're right... after everything that has happened to the club over the past 10 years, what cause is there to be negative?  We should be far more positive, why shouldn't we plan to win the league next year???

*sarcasm off (for now)*

The club had a whole new lease of life after Keegan (re)started, things improved a little bit but the club quickly started sliding in to familiar patterns.  I think it will be very difficult to be ambitious about the clubs fortunes until we are consistently in the top half of the league table for a few years in a row.

Mike Ashley is rapidly looking like the George W. Bush of the EPL, and confidence in the club reflects this.

Its not an april fools, just laughable timing as usual.

They wouldnt do this as an april fools itd never work, Newcastle or Alan would have quashed the bs by now if it were.

Ashley and co already have enough bad feeling against them & Alan wouldnt agree to it.

Regardless if this were being planned as an april fools news would have gotten leaked ages ago.

This news is being reported in countries where they dont even have april fools day.

All the newspapers running big stories on it.

The official site is just useless.