Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

I guess our date with destiny has arrived.

Mixed feelings really. On the plus side, there will be a truce in the civil war that's been raging all season. I'm sure that was putting extra pressure on the players and staff, and it would only have got worse in the weeks ahead. I also think that Shearer has the ability to be a good manager - all he seemed to lack was the motivation.

On the debit side, we'll still have the same bunch of players so we can't expect miracles, and Shearer's appointment will definitely favour Owen, which I don't think is best either from the playing side or group morale. How well Shearer will work with the existing coaching staff we don't know.

As so often in the last few years, fan power has heavily influenced a major decision, and that's usually been to our cost. Let's hope this time it's different.

Balanced and rational as ever Bob, only point I can't agree with is Owen who imo is still our best and most experienced player i.e. just the sort we need right now.

I remember a thread some time ago when the heat was on, flak was flying everywhere, the club in turmoil and the fans as usual arguing and fighting amongst themselves, someone on here  posted (can't remember who) that they should just make Shearer manager - then if he fails they could burn down St.James Park and be done with it.

Perhaps that time has arrived ?

unbelieveable, really is.

Just what we needed, someone to come in and get things shaken up with 8 massive games to go. 

If he does well, there is no chance Kinnear will return as manager.  When the club see what this will do for the fans, they will not be in a position to do anything other than keep Shearer on.

The bloke has big bollocks, thats for sure.  It is win win for him as well - stay up and he will be an even bigger hero.  Go down, a hero none the less for trying a job no one else would take on.

I think out of respect to Kinnear, they will not be making noises about anything longer term until the season is done.

Win or lose on Saturday, it is going to be one hell of an atmoshere, not seen at SJP for a VERY long time.  It will be bigger than the Keegan effect IMO, MUCH MUCH bigger.

If that does not lift this bunch of players to a level they can keep us in this league, nothing will.

hey lads stop mocking this

they have some vital home games and a trip to stoke

this could be the boost they need and keep them up

and the only team apart from them who I reckon have a chance, is us

could be nasty times

bloody hell.... a mackem talking sense!

i didn't think i'd live to see the day lol.

also the OP on their site, 6 games?! i'm sure it's 8 like hehehe

Guest toonlass

Belta from Shepherd, just had a right go at a Pompey fan who was calling Newcastle a nothing club.  :lol:

What i'm most pleased about is he will know first hand which players have been a fucking liability instead of someone like Venables coming in and just picking a team based on a couple of training sessions.

Told the pompy fan he was a nobody, then said gotta go get my luggage of the carousel and hung up haha

Which is a code word for his misses has just rolled in a big fucking cheesecake on a hostess trolley.

Told the pompy fan he was a nobody, then said gotta go get my luggage of the carousel and hung up haha

Which is a code word for his misses has just rolled in a big fucking cheesecake on a hostess trolley.

;D ;D

Guest toonlass

Say what you like about Shepherd (and I have made my feelings clear on several occasions) but that was class, and he shows that he is passionate about Newcastle United as a team. Brilliant.  :lol:

hey lads stop mocking this

they have some vital home games and a trip to stoke

this could be the boost they need and keep them up

and the only team apart from them who I reckon have a chance, is us

could be nasty times

bloody hell.... a mackem talking sense!

i didn't think i'd live to see the day lol.

also the OP on their site, 6 games?! i'm sure it's 8 like hehehe

He lives in Heaton. So he's realised there's a better place and it is here.