Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Pissing about with the formation game after game and it not working is showing his inexperience.

He's like a cricket captain repeatedly moving fielders to follow where the ball has last been hit.

Pretty poor in that respect.

That's fair comment, but sticking with the same shit players in the same shit formations has got us in this position in the first place. I'd rather go down trying something different than hoping things will eventually come good.

I'm sure if he had a transfer window and pre-season in charge he'd pick a system and work to it.

ha, said the same thing to my mate yesterday when he was on about where players were playing - playing them in the "right" positions hasn't worked has it?  jesus

there's a piece in the guardian today slating shearer and using yesterday as justification, there isn't manager on the planet who would have taken our shower of shit to anfield yesterday and got a result - anyone who thinks there is needs to have serious word...the stupid cunt even suggests ashley should have went for "another kinnear" instead of shearer

we were ALWAYS losing this game, imo we should thank our lucky fucking stars we only conceded 3 goals and look to the teams we might have chance of beating in our next two games

seriously people, complaining 'cause shearer changes shit about trying to find a solution rather than playing the same toss week after week, mental   :no: :no:

that report was absoulte utter shite! He deserves a good punching.

If someone gave me an alleged £250,000 a game to manage a load of has beens I would show 'serious cojonas' and drop my pal if he wasn't scoring goals.

It would be the least I could do to try to earn the money.

Guest Phil K

He's got an impossible job, thanks to the unspeakable mess left him by a manager and coaches that couldn't get a job from 1st and 2nd Div teams let alone Chamionship, never mind Prem.

We amazingly still have a chance. But these players are NOT showing any guts or backbone - at least Barton is showing fire (a bit too much, but at least something)

He's got an impossible job, thanks to the unspeakable mess left him by a manager and coaches that couldn't get a job from 1st and 2nd Div teams let alone Chamionship, never mind Prem.

We amazingly still have a chance. But these players are NOT showing any guts or backbone - at least Barton is showing fire (a bit too much, but at least something)

What a ridiculous post. Let's have them all jumping in recklessly and getting sent off just to show they've got "guts and backbone" eh?

Only just had chance to see his interview on BBC. His reaction to the question of Barton was a very honest one. You can see he was absolutely seething. I think a lot of managers would have come out with cliche after cliche to try and hide their true feelings.

Good to see Shearer not hiding behind a mask.

Guest Phil K

What a ridiculous post. Let's have them all jumping in recklessly and getting sent off just to show they've got "guts and backbone" eh?

Ridiculous ?

Don't be so pillocky.

Use your brain instead of your ars* before posting in future

What did I say about Barton's challenge ? "A bit too much but.."

Please show how they've shown any of the backbone you mention ?

They collapse like a pack of cards so frequently even someone like you should have noticed by now.

Ridiculous ?

Don't be so pillocky.

Use your brain instead of your ars* before posting in future

What did I say about Barton's challenge ? "A bit too much but.."

Please show how they've shown any of the backbone you mention ?

They collapse like a pack of cards so frequently even someone like you should have noticed by now.

Is this fucker a WUM or what!?

Everything he posts is either a wind up or insulting or both!

Whatever our fate after the Aston Villa game, I hope that the club makes a decision within the following 7 days of who is going to be the next permanent manager because we cant be pissing about again and let the days/weeks/months of the summer pass with indecision having hung over the club.

It will be the first chance the club has of learning from their mistakes so lets hope they do whats better for the summer and next seasons preparations.

Whatever our fate after the Aston Villa game, I hope that the club makes a decision within the following 7 days of who is going to be the next permanent manager because we cant be pissing about again and let the days/weeks/months of the summer pass with indecision having hung over the club.

It will be the first chance the club has of learning from their mistakes so lets hope they do whats better for the summer and next seasons preparations.

Agree with that, though if Shearer doesn't want in it may take them a little longer than a week.

Your overall point is spot on though, whatever league we're in we can't afford another summer/transfer window of uncertainty.

Guest Howaythetoon

Shearer doesn't have the time to allow the players to settle into 1 system and 1 set of tactics and nor does he have the players at his disposal to find that winning formula so effectively all he can really do is try different things and hope for the best which is a damn sight better than merely putting 11 players out on the pitch with nothing to work from and hope for the best. The players may not be doing anything out of the ordinary to get us out of this but the manager certainly is, showing balls to drop his big mate Michael Owen, going to Anfield with 3 forwards on the pitch, making bold substitutions and even recalling the flogged Colo having first dropped him. I'm certain in time he would find a winning formula but first he needs winners to pick and we have none whatsoever.

I'm not having a go at you HTT (because a few others have said the same thing) but why does everyone think dropping Owen took 'balls'?

The lad is playing shite and is totally out of form, any half decent manager would do the same.

The fact that he's Shearers mate is irrelevant, the manager is paid to make tough decisions.

And if it all goes tits up no-one is going to blame Shearer - fuck me this thread had dozens of excuses for him (if we go down) before his first match in charge.

Has anyone detected any sort of improvemnt at all under Shearer? From the moment he sneaked into the dugout v Chelsea it has been totally and utterley underwhelming

I can't see a single thing that is better than it was before. Tactics are shite. Confidence is shite. Shots on target are shite. Owen is shite. Shearer slates his own player in public, which is shite. The players will not like that one bit which means they play even more shite.

In fact , you could say its all still SHITE.

I'm not having a go at you HTT (because a few others have said the same thing) but why does everyone think dropping Owen took 'balls'?

The lad is playing shite and is totally out of form, any half decent manager would do the same.

The fact that he's Shearers mate is irrelevant, the manager is paid to make tough decisions.

And if it all goes tits up no-one is going to blame Shearer - fuck me this thread had dozens of excuses for him (if we go down) before his first match in charge.

Good post. 

When you have a player like Owen who has a habit of going on runs of games in which he scores consistantly after every single goal drought in his career, id say dropping him takes balls regardless of how hes playing. Not that i agreed with it.

Has anyone detected any sort of improvemnt at all under Shearer? From the moment he sneaked into the dugout v Chelsea it has been totally and utterley underwhelming

I can't see a single thing that is better than it was before. Tactics are shite. Confidence is shite. Shots on target are shite. Owen is shite. Shearer slates his own player in public, which is shite. The players will not like that one bit which means they play even more shite.

Maybe nothing has changed because the players are still SHITE.

Yeah, I suggested something along these lines a few days ago, but was roundly criticised because it was "too early to judge him", apparently...

Youre assuming all the players have the same opinion of Michael as most fans. For all you know, Owen might generate a lot of respect from his team mates so to drop the captain, Shearer has to consider the affect amongst the rest of the squad should he drop Owen.