Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Macdonald, on the legends.

Shearer needs to reduce the wage bill by 650k a week before he thinks about 'spending a penny'

hope he doesn't suffer incontinence then

Shearer needs to reduce the wage bill by 650k a week before he thinks about 'spending a penny'

Owen, Coloccini, Cacapa, Barton, Martins, Duff, Smith, Jonas, Geremi & Viduka.

Think their combined wages come to well over £600k per week.

Barton, Duff and Smith are likely to stay imo.

I bloody hope not.  They're earning £185k per week between them and they've been garbage for us.

Lunatic, waste of skin & past it.  I'll let you decide which description fits which player.

I bloody hope not.  They're earning £185k per week between them and they've been garbage for us.

Lunatic, waste of skin & past it.  I'll let you decide which description fits which player.

Barton's apparently squred things out with Shearer and apologized his behaviour.

Duff has said he wants to stay.

Who'd want Smith?

Stuck with them.

Barton's apparently squred things out with Shearer and apologized his behaviour.

Who'd want Smith?

Stuck with them.

Barton's reputation precedes him, just like Bowyer's did, he'll never get fair treatment from the referees and every challenge he makes will be picked over by the media.  The best thing we could do would be to accept any offer for him and let some other mug club take the risk.

Duff may want to stay, but how much of that is down to him earning £60k per week in the full knowledge that he'll never get that from another club?  He's been abysmal for us for far too long, he has so little movement he could have been replaced by a traffic cone in most of the games he played last season.  He gives the ball away amazingly easily, he can't cross for shit and he's lost what pace he once had.  He'll be a liability in the Championship.

Smith's lack of games this season may actually work in our advantage.  There are enough managers out there who will think they can turn him around and make him the player he was before his injury.  His passing is limited, he doesn't take shots on goal any more and his tackling is dangerous at best.  Again, let someone else take the risk.

Considering our relegation is the worse thing that has happened to the club in about 25 years it's no suprise they are having deep discussions. However, i understand why people are worried that Ashley and Co will cock this up after everything that has happened in the past two years. 

I'm being told that it's highly likely "some sort" of decision will be made tomorrow - that's from my mate who knows Dowie. (through a friend of a friend, some tenious link)

I'm being told that it's highly likely "some sort" of decision will be made tomorrow - that's from my mate who knows Dowie. (through a friend of a friend, some tenious link)

They've already said Thursday.

I suspect the "talks" have been Shearer shouting at ashley and his wankers for two days.

They've already said Thursday.

I suspect the "talks" have been Shearer shouting at ashley and his wankers for two days.

They have? Thought it was just 'by the end of the week'?

Who'd want Smith?

Stuck with them.

Barton can apologise all he wants and Duff can say he wants to stay but in the end they're on a combined £6.7m per year.  About 20% of the total wage bill we should be aiming to have next season, which would be truley astounding for two wasters like them.  I'm sure someone will take Smith for a million or so as well (also on £3.2 million a year), Everton probably.

Interestingly the Chronicle's headline on the same story has been changed from 'Alan Shearer's NUFC talks break up with no agreement' to 'Alan Shearer's NUFC talks continue'.

The opening line has been changed from 'TALKS aimed at thrashing out a permanent deal for Alan Shearer to become NUFC manager broke up this afternoon with no agreement in place.' to 'TALKS aimed at thrashing out a permanent deal for Alan Shearer will enter a third day.'

Bit less negative.

Jesus christ if they fuck this up and lose Shearer that's really the end for this club.

they are obviously playing brinkmanship with AS, saying, well alan if you Don't want the job, with no transfer budget, we will just get joe back.

also,...if they had offered alan a reasonable budget, it would have been done and dusted by now, its the keegan crisis Talks all over again,.

Just fuck off Ashley.

Jesus christ if they f*** this up and lose Shearer that's really the end for this club.

Like we're talking about f***ing Mourinho here :lol:

It's not a matter of Shearer's ability. The fallout if Ashley manages to alienate not just one but TWO legends will be unbelievable. He'll shit his pants and try to sell again, fail, and we're headed to a nice mid-table finish in the Championship.

Jesus christ if they fuck this up and lose Shearer that's really the end for this club.

Like we're talking about fucking Mourinho here :lol:

No, but I haven't got a bloody clue where they'd go next, and I'd wager they have even fewer ideas.

Jesus christ if they f*** this up and lose Shearer that's really the end for this club.

they are obviously playing brinkmanship with AS, saying, well alan if you Don't want the job, with no transfer budget, we will just get joe back.

also,...if they had offered alan a reasonable budget, it would have been done and dusted by now, its the keegan crisis Talks all over again,.

Just f*** off Ashley.

Not this time. I mean, not when the club's desperately praying for season tickets' renewal.

Just f*** off Ashley.

Not this time. I mean, not when the club's desperately praying for season tickets' renewal.

If Ive learned one thing about ashley, its that he dosent try to buy his way out of problems.

edit , read golf mags hoses mouth thread, says what id already figured out,.. no money next season

Another day of talks at Newcastle United's training ground concluded without Alan Shearer signing a four-year contract as the club's manager, but there is quiet optimism that a deal will be concluded by the end of the week. Shearer will not sign a contract until his lawyers have pored over the nuances of every piece of small print and there is consequently nothing un­usual in his taking days rather than hours to reach agreement with Mike ­Ashley, Newcastle's owner.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/27/alan-shearer-newcastle-united-contract-negotiations