Coloccini needs to sit out the rest of the season...but back in Argie squad

Parky

There are only three games left and that means we do not have time to wait for him to get his confidence back his mistakes cost us far to much, but even if another player makes a mistake we cannot count on Colo to get back and cover, lack of pace, lack of being able to read danger not being able to put in a slide tackle, cannot read the bounce of the ball, poor first touch and a lack of ability to make a short pass.

You do no get the kind of time ont he ball in this league that he needs, he is way out of his depth.

There are only three games left and that means we do not have time to wait for him to get his confidence back his mistakes cost us far to much, but even if another player makes a mistake we cannot count on Colo to get back and cover, lack of pace, lack of being able to read danger not being able to put in a slide tackle, cannot read the bounce of the ball, poor first touch and a lack of ability to make a short pass.

You do no get the kind of time ont he ball in this league that he needs, he is way out of his depth.

This kind of player over a longer period would probably succeed. Indeed if he'd gone to a club not so short of players and got a few games here and there and been given time to adjust he'd probably be fine. £10m was a heck of a lot of money mind. Real worth for me would be about £4m.

Guest firetotheworks

I never feel uncomfortable when him or anyone else in our defence has the ball at all. On the ball they're all pretty good imo, it's when the opposition have the ball that I worry.

Dont think people can put it down to confidence when hes shown no attributes of being a class defender to base that off. Been saying for months he doesnt have it, his best games are when others round him excel so he doesnt have to do as much/or they mop up behind. Its never him actually being a class defender is it. Enrique, taylor, Bassong - have all managed that several times this season. The other day he probably won his third header of the entire season, not good enough.

His best hope is to do some serious work in the gym & for us to teach him some things about positioning.

It's pretty incredible how slow he looks tbh, especially given that he looked quick in La Liga.

Shearer needs to work with him during the summer, add a stone of muscle and teach him to head

This kind of player over a longer period would probably succeed. Indeed if he'd gone to a club not so short of players and got a few games here and there and been given time to adjust he'd probably be fine. £10m was a heck of a lot of money mind. Real worth for me would be about £4m.

You can have him for a bargain £3.75m.  O0

In a better team I think he would look far better but he has just cracked under the pressure.

Enrique struggled at 1st though and he has come fairly good. I remember an interview where he said he had to adapt his game after he left Villareal, he was used to attacking alot with them as they were one of the better teams in the league.

I wouldn't knock Colo on the head just yet. If Taylor was fit I would "rest" Colo for the remaining games, but I'd be confident with a better midfield in front of him offering more protection he would look better than he has done this season, whether that is good enough remains to be seen, maybe his style is just not suited to the Premiership. Unlike Boumsong, Colo is proven in a top league Boummong was just crap.

It's pretty incredible how slow he looks tbh, especially given that he looked quick in La Liga.

Shearer needs to work with him during the summer, add a stone of muscle and teach him to head

I'd look fast in La Liga.

Beat me to it.

Beat me to it.

:aww:

Guest toonlass

The thing I tend to see with Colo is that he does the simple shit easy. Its when he tries to be fancy that he gets caught out. Keep it simple and either boot it upfield or knock it out for a throw-in Colo mate.

The thing I tend to see with Colo is that he does the simple shit easy. Its when he tries to be fancy that he gets caught out. Keep it simple and either boot it upfield or knock it out for a throw-in Colo mate.

He used to make the fancy stuff look easy at the beginning of the season, iirc.

I've vigorously defended Coloccini in the past on here,<b> but after yesterday's woeful performance I can't see him having a future here.</b>

I originally thought he was a classy, footballing centre half, just the type of player who would suffer most from a lack of confidence playing in a poor side, but yesterday he definitely showed a lack of heart, desire and commitment which I just can't forgive.

Earlier in the season someone at the club said it wasn't just a case of attracting good players to the club, but also good characters and I think that's key. I think it's vital that Shearer stays on beyond the end of the season mainly because his unique understanding of the club will ensure that this happens as he rebuilds the squad after the inevitable summer clearout.

Well I never... :lol: have you been getting yourself to matches now then.  :laugh:

Newcastle defender Fabio Coloccini, who claims he was "sold" a different club from the one he is playing for, is set to be dropped for the Magpies' relegation showdown against Middlesbrough on Monday. He said: "I was sold a club that would be challenging in the top half of the table with maybe a good chance of doing well in the cups."

(Full story: Daily Star)

Newcastle defender Fabio Coloccini, who claims he was "sold" a different club from the one he is playing for, is set to be dropped for the Magpies' relegation showdown against Middlesbrough on Monday. He said: "I was sold a club that would be challenging in the top half of the table with maybe a good chance of doing well in the cups."

(Full story: Daily Star)

I think we were 'sold' a top class international defender who would bring leadership and experience to the back four.

if you read the article it sounds more like he is disappointed in the way things have gone rather than wishing he had never joined, which is how that snippet is making it sound, he goes on to say he respects shearer and the players have to accept his decision's when there dropped

Guest toonlass

if you read the article it sounds more like he is disappointed in the way things have gone rather than wishing he had never joined, which is how that snippet is making it sound, he goes on to say he respects shearer and the players have to accept his decision's when there dropped

Aye clever editing of quotes can make anything sound like a confession to the start of World War 2. Colo has been disappointing this season, and I don't think anyone would disagree that we have had an appauling season. Its not like Denis Wise and Jiminez would have gone over to Colo and said "Look mate, how does playing for a team that will get no-where in the cups, has a £17 million striker who couldn't score for 15 games, a midfield with the pace of a lame donkey and who will be battling for survival with 3 games to go sound to you?"

Aye clever editing of quotes can make anything sound like a confession to the start of World War 2. Colo has been disappointing this season, and I don't think anyone would disagree that we have had an appauling season. Its not like Denis Wise and Jiminez would have gone over to Colo and said "Look mate, how does playing for a team that will get no-where in the cups, has a £17 million striker who couldn't score for 15 games, a midfield with the pace of a lame donkey and who will be battling for survival with 3 games to go sound to you?"

:lol:

He doesnt need to say he was "sold" anything. The fact he chooses that specific word is a clear indication that he believes he was lied to & doesnt deserve what hes gotten.

Taylor > Colo at this point easily. Taylors has stepped up far far far more.

We have paid a heavy price for selling Faye too eagerly and then spending £10m to replace him with Coloccini. No point in looking back now though, we need competition at the back and unless we get a decent fee let him battle with Taylor for the shirt.

We have paid a heavy price for selling Faye too eagerly and then spending £10m to replace him with Coloccini. No point in looking back now though, we need competition at the back and unless we get a decent fee let him battle with Taylor for the shirt.

It looked like Faye wasnt in keegans plans, and reports said that he wanted away + he looked a litle bit angry at us when he left. But yeah we paid a heavy price, I just hope Coloccini and all of our "new" players will be better next season.