Coloccini needs to sit out the rest of the season...but back in Argie squad

Parky

How the fuck have we managed to find the only two Argentinians who aren't hard as nails, dirty wankers?

It's funny that, because a few years ago we managed to unearth a Brazilian with the first touch of a wall. Some good scouts we must have.

I am probably going to get absolutely slated for this bit I actually think Colo could end up being a really quality defender for us in the future if the following happens:

1.  He accepts he is remaining at NUFC for the foreseeable future when the transfer window closes.

2.  Realises that only quality performances, even in the CCC, will get him his place back in the Argentina WC squad.

3.  Hughton and Calderwood arrange regular training sessions around him and Taylor defending in the CC environment.

4.  Understand the time to play and a time to hoof.

If we can achieve this level of organiosation in the bloke and get off his back, then he will prove to be an asset, that is, if he stays.

Couldn't that be said of any crap defender :)

I am probably going to get absolutely slated for this bit I actually think Colo could end up being a really quality defender for us in the future if the following happens:

1.  He accepts he is remaining at NUFC for the foreseeable future when the transfer window closes.

2.  Realises that only quality performances, even in the CCC, will get him his place back in the Argentina WC squad.

3.  Hughton and Calderwood arrange regular training sessions around him and Taylor defending in the CC environment.

4.  Understand the time to play and a time to hoof.

If we can achieve this level of organiosation in the bloke and get off his back, then he will prove to be an asset, that is, if he stays.

Couldn't that be said of any crap defender :)

He's obviously not crap, just not suited to the english game, he even looked quality in the short period Keegan was in charge at the start of last season.

Aye he is to slow and is caught out over here as he does not get given the time ont he ball he is used to, he could learn (maybe) but can we afford to wait for him to come good?

His positional play is shocking, gets caught under the ball a lot and then gets turned, does have the pace to get back or the timing to go to ground early and clear the ball before he gets left for dead.

There is a decent player in there somewhere but he has no intention of bringing it out while at Newcastle.

He'll move and be rejuvenated.

In the meantime he's a massive liability and the clubs top earner. Get rid asap.

I'll hold my hands up if it wasn't Colo's man... i'll have to watch it again. I remember the commentator saying so though - so being a bit daft i took that as gospel. Probably not the most reliable source to go on due to (as people have said) the media's agendas re: foreign defenders. All i'm saying is what annoyed me was that he stood there and ball-watched. I realise that if he'd jumped in it mighn't have made a difference, such was the giant hash of it that Harper made and the ball was teetering over the goal-line anyway... but just to do nothing peed me off a bit. All the other players reacted to the ensuing chaos in one way or another.

Dunno how you can say the goal was anyone other than Harper's fault though, Ronaldo. It was an average ball in and should have been easy pickings if he hadn't flapped at it so badly.

it's on i-player. search "the football league show" 4mins 50 aprox.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8192062.stm

Replay of the goal at 02:08

Free kick about to come into the box and Coloccini is stood in space, marking no-one, watching no-one. Goalscorer runs from beside Nolan(?) towards Coloccini, all the way around the front of Coloccini, and stands in and around the goal area waiting for a loose ball while our central defender is stood stock still in the same spot he was when the freekick was delivered, just ball watching.

Maybe not to blame for the goal this time, but certainly doing fuck all to prevent one. Time and time again, he's either nowhere near the action, or once someone's gone past him he makes absolutely no attempt to recover, pick someone else up, or get in a position to pick up a loose ball.

There is a decent player in there somewhere but he has no intention of bringing it out while at Newcastle.

He'll move and be rejuvenated.

In the meantime he's a massive liability and the clubs top earner. Get rid asap.

This.

Ye I agree with this and what UV said. He's lucky I didn't thrown something at his Saturday he was so bad.

I'll hold my hands up if it wasn't Colo's man... i'll have to watch it again. I remember the commentator saying so though - so being a bit daft i took that as gospel. Probably not the most reliable source to go on due to (as people have said) the media's agendas re: foreign defenders. All i'm saying is what annoyed me was that he stood there and ball-watched. I realise that if he'd jumped in it mighn't have made a difference, such was the giant hash of it that Harper made and the ball was teetering over the goal-line anyway... but just to do nothing peed me off a bit. All the other players reacted to the ensuing chaos in one way or another.

Dunno how you can say the goal was anyone other than Harper's fault though, Ronaldo. It was an average ball in and should have been easy pickings if he hadn't flapped at it so badly.

Free kick about to come into the box and Coloccini is stood in space, marking no-one, watching no-one. Goalscorer runs from beside Nolan(?) towards Coloccini, all the way around the front of Coloccini, and stands in and around the goal area waiting for a loose ball while our central defender is stood stock still in the same spot he was when the freekick was delivered, just ball watching.

Maybe not to blame for the goal this time, but certainly doing f*** all to prevent one. Time and time again, he's either nowhere near the action, or once someone's gone past him he makes absolutely no attempt to recover, pick someone else up, or get in a position to pick up a loose ball.

as you say the attacker comes from behind him. as the ball drops he stands still...as does everyone else. he's only as much to blame as everyone else. possible less so than the 3 defenders closer to the ball and whoever let the attcaker go free.

That replay just shows how much harper was to blame if anything.

Exactly the same as kruls later fumble, except kruls reflexes saved his mistake & harpers didnt.

Also note 36secs in Jonas putting in a perfectly decent cross which should have come to more.

So hes not always useless.

Maybe not to blame for the goal this time, but certainly doing f*** all to prevent one. Time and time again, he's either nowhere near the action, or once someone's gone past him he makes absolutely no attempt to recover, pick someone else up, or get in a position to pick up a loose ball.

as you say the attacker comes from behind him. as the ball drops he stands still...as does everyone else. he's only as much to blame as everyone else. possible less so than the 3 defenders closer to the ball and whoever let the attcaker go free.

It's not like he snuck in behind him, he runs all the way around him like he was a traffic cone in training. Coloccini just lets him run into the box, then goes back to ball watching. I think it was Nolan who "let the attacker go free", but if he'd followed him he'd have run into the back of Coloccini - maybe he thought "it's okay, my Argentine international colleague will have him in his pocket now". Nolan at least then gets to the goal line in a position to try and put a block in or kick away a loose ball.

If we get rid of Coloccini will we replace him? At the moment we are the only club in the entire football league to have not made one single signing so I wouldn't be too confident of it. We need all our central defenders at the moment unless Ashley fucks off.

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

If we get rid of Coloccini will we replace him? At the moment we are the only club in the entire football league to have not made one single signing so I wouldn't be too confident of it. We need all our central defenders at the moment unless Ashley f***s off.

Nah, we should just sell him and buy a better player for the same or less money. It's easy, all the clubs do it that's all their squads are getting better and better every season  :crazy2:

It's not like he snuck in behind him, he runs all the way around him like he was a traffic cone in training. Coloccini just lets him run into the box, then goes back to ball watching. I think it was Nolan who "let the attacker go free", but if he'd followed him he'd have run into the back of Coloccini - maybe he thought "it's okay, my Argentine international colleague will have him in his pocket now". Nolan at least then gets to the goal line in a position to try and put a block in or kick away a loose ball.

nolan runs away from his man and takes up a position at the back post,marking nobody and goes away from the ball. if ididn't know better i'd almost say it was a plan. it looks very much like we were marking zonally instead of man for man.

you can blame colocinni alone for that goal if you want, i'll blame the entire defending of the free kick.

If we get rid of Coloccini will we replace him? At the moment we are the only club in the entire football league to have not made one single signing so I wouldn't be too confident of it. We need all our central defenders at the moment unless Ashley f***s off.

Nah, we should just sell him and buy a better player for the same or less money. It's easy, all the clubs do it that's all their squads are getting better and better every season  :crazy2:

how many better defenders will sign for us?

Whoosh.

I think you've missed his point.

nolan runs away from his man and takes up a position at the back post,marking nobody and goes away from the ball. if ididn't know better i'd almost say it was a plan. it looks very much like we were marking zonally instead of man for man.

you can blame colocinni alone for that goal if you want, i'll blame the entire defending of the free kick.

RCP

Zonal marking. Aye. Coloccini's marking the twilight zone.

02:40 Corner. Coloccini's marking a different zone this time, at the back post. Allows their number 7 to go past him and runs away from the goal to a point nowhere near any opposition player leaving their player completely unmarked in front of goal set for a tap in if Shola doesn't save the day.

04:39 Free Kick. Marking a man. Ball goes over his head and his man is gone to stand completely free in front of the goal should the ball be deflected across goal or come back off the bar.

Just a few from 5 minutes of highlights, but it's the same all game every game. I only wish his defence of the goal was half as determined as your defence of Coloccini.

Guest Roger Kint

Did Bournmouth lift their imposed transfer embargo? They were listed as no signings before Saturday

Did Bournmouth lift their imposed transfer embargo? They were listed as no signings before Saturday

Not sure. I'm just repeating what I've read in the paper and heard on tv about us being the only club not to have made any signings.

Guest Roger Kint

Not sure. I'm just repeating what I've read in the paper and heard on tv about us being the only club not to have made any signings.

Yeah i read it too just in the league round up bits they had signings: N/A due to embargo

RCP

Zonal marking. Aye. Coloccini's marking the twilight zone.

02:40 Corner. Coloccini's marking a different zone this time, at the back post. Allows their number 7 to go past him and runs away from the goal to a point nowhere near any opposition player leaving their player completely unmarked in front of goal set for a tap in if Shola doesn't save the day.

04:39 Free Kick. Marking a man. Ball goes over his head and his man is gone to stand completely free in front of the goal should the ball be deflected across goal or come back off the bar.

Just a few from 5 minutes of highlights, but it's the same all game every game. I only wish his defence of the goal was half as determined as your defence of Coloccini.

my defence of colcinni wouldn't exist if the rest of the defending was much beter. i'm not defending colocinni as much as saying defensivly they were all very poor. how many times even last season when he'd been dropped could you hear shouts of "who's marking him" from the crowd at almost every dead ball.

0240...he comes in with the no7. almost shoulder to shoulder with him at the time the ball enetrs the box and his positioning when the ball comes back in is poor as he stands still...as does every other defender.

0439....we'd pushed up to play offside, do you still want him goalside ? he should have been looking to drop deeper when he realised the ball was going over him.