Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United | Sun 19th Apr - White Hart Lane @ 1:30pm

Kaizero

I think it will be a totally different game to Stoke, Spurs like to pass it and I think that will work in our favour.

Kinda agree with that, but we couldn't master the basics against Stoke.

A loss tomorrow won't change things a massive amount... just before people go slitting their wrists if we do. I'd say we need about seven points to stay up looking at other teams' fixtures.

Think a loss tomorrow would be pretty disasterous for confidence, especially if al plays 4-3-3.

Doesnt mean we definately wont stay up, it just makes it more unlikely. Which is the last thing we need...staying near the pack above us would also be much better. All the games we have now are going to have a very big outcome on the end of our season..no point claiming it'll be fine regardless. Purely denial that.

Guest Heneage

I think it will be a totally different game to Stoke, Spurs like to pass it and I think that will work in our favour.

Kinda agree with that, but we couldn't master the basics against Stoke.

True but I think that was due to Stoke's constant pressure and atmosphere, it won't be like that at White Hart Lane.

Guest optimistic nit

If we lose, yes, things are going to look bleak. But after next week the fixtures are a bit better in terms of our games and our rivals' opponents, so don't s*** the bed if we lose.

yes but with us in the position we will be tommorrow if we lose will be very very bad. its not a game i expect us to get anything from, but we really do need a result.

This time last year, we went into the Spurs game with 1 win in the previous 14 games.

This year, we're going into the Spurs game with 1 in the last 14 games.

We were due a performance last year and duely delivered. I pray to the gods that we get this same this time.

For confidence purposes, we really need this.

A loss tomorrow won't change things a massive amount... just before people go slitting their wrists if we do. I'd say we need about seven points to stay up looking at other teams' fixtures.

A loss won't be the end of the world, but it will probably feel like it. I think we'll get a point, we look to have some fight still in us.

If Shearer is able to get a good performance out of Viduka we should make him manager for life here and now. This season, he's looked unfit and unmotivated.

I just worry that Shearer is basing his judgement on the Viduka of three years ago.

If Shearer is able to get a good performance out of Viduka we should make him manager for life here and now. This season, he's looked unfit and unmotivated.

I just worry that Shearer is basing his judgement on the Viduka of three years ago.

Its more likely based on the training sessions that he looks over and the opinions of the other coaches there.

Guest Stephen927

A win tomorrow would be massive, really hoping we manage to pull it out of the bag there again. We need all 11 players to stand up and be counted, it's late in the day and we really don't want to be in a situation where we have to rely on other teams results.

If we lose tomorrow and Blackburn beat Wigan next week the situation starts to look very grave indeed.

Its more likely based on the training sessions that he looks over and the opinions of the other coaches there.

If Viduka has got off his sick bed and is starting to produce in training then you have to wonder what was going on before. There's a hint in Shearer's statement that the previous regime were content to let Viduka drift off and weren't motivating him.

Even if that's Shearer's view, I'm still not convinced. If you're being paid £3 million a year you shouldn't need persuading to play football. What's more, it's a widespread opinion among fans of Viduka's previous clubs, that he only gets his finger out when his contract is due to run out.

If you're being paid £3 million a year you shouldn't need persuading to play football.

I genuinely dont think footballers think like that. They are obviously driven by money of course but I think when it comes to doing stuff on the pitch, what gets them going is massaging their ego's to make them feel "special"

The Viduka of one year ago would be a pretty big boost iyam.

If you're being paid £3 million a year you shouldn't need persuading to play football.

I genuinely dont think footballers think like that. They are obviously driven by money of course but I think when it comes to doing stuff on the pitch, what gets them going is massaging their ego's to make them feel "special"

I think the problem is they can be paid £3 million a year for not playing football.

Guest ObaStar

thats not it. these guys have been playing football everyday since they were 5-6 years old. they have done literally nothing else in their life and by the time you get to the end of your career your motivation really dries up. Someone like viduka doesn't even need the money anymore so there is another motivating factor gone. sports are no longer fun when u play them that much. it becomes like a job. and I am sure everyone has not wanted to go to work at some point.

thats not it. these guys have been playing football everyday since they were 5-6 years old. they have done literally nothing else in their life and by the time you get to the end of your career your motivation really dries up. Someone like viduka doesn't even need the money anymore so there is another motivating factor gone. sports are no longer fun when u play them that much. it becomes like a job. and I am sure everyone has not wanted to go to work at some point.

For some yes, certainly not for all.