Joey Barton

JJ7

To suggest Shearer is wrong in all of this is nothign short of ridiculous. Joey Barton is a wanker, and for once he has came up against someone who isn't frightened to end this mans career, even if it is only as a Newcastle United player.

This twat has had endless amounts of chances, and finally someone has embarassed him in front of the world. He will never even be half the player Shearer was and certaintly not half the man.

I must admit I backed him thinking he was our strongest central midfielder and thought I'll give him one last chance, but the fuckstick has blown it now - completely.

WELL DONE ALAN SHEARER!!...for you have publically shown your not going to be fucked around and you are going to show discipline is being instilled in everyone at the club. This sends a message out to anyone in football, Alan Shearer won't be fucked with as a manager, just as he wouldn't be fucked with as a player.

He wears his heart on his sleeve, his black and white sleeve, and that is something Newcastle need right now, not some jumped up little charva twat getting sent off.

This should bring more unity to the players - or I would like to think so, and if quality isn't going to get us out fo this mess then I hope the determination, motivation and dedication does!

FUCK JOEY BARTON! FUCK RELEGATION! HOWAY ALAN SHEARERS BLACK AND WHITE ARMY!

To suggest Shearer is wrong in all of this is nothign short of ridiculous. Joey Barton is a w*****, and for once he has came up against someone who isn't frightened to end this mans career, even if it is only as a Newcastle United player.

This t*** has had endless amounts of chances, and finally someone has embarassed him in front of the world. He will never even be half the player Shearer was and certaintly not half the man.

I must admit I backed him thinking he was our strongest central midfielder and thought I'll give him one last chance, but the fuckstick has blown it now - completely.

WELL DONE ALAN SHEARER!!...for you have publically shown your not going to be f***ed around and you are going to show discipline is being instilled in everyone at the club. This sends a message out to anyone in football, Alan Shearer won't be f***ed with as a manager, just as he wouldn't be f***ed with as a player.

He wears his heart on his sleeve, his black and white sleeve, and that is something Newcastle need right now, not some jumped up little charva t*** getting sent off.

This should bring more unity to the players - or I would like to think so, and if quality isn't going to get us out fo this mess then I hope the determination, motivation and dedication does!

f*** JOEY BARTON! f*** RELEGATION! HOWAY ALAN SHEARERS BLACK AND WHITE ARMY!

It's nothing more than the usual suspects trying to get attention by deliberately being controversial.

Guest Mantis

You can just tell Barton is soft as s***, in the mould of Roy Keane.

I don't think he is, I think he is a nutcase who isn't the sort to have a pushing match like you often see on a Friday/Saturday night out.

Aye, Keane was all sweetness and light wasn't he?  How many leg breakers did Keane go in with, not to mention alleged violent incidents whilst on the piss.  Speaking of which, our Manager has never indulged in bit of fighting with colleagues has he?  Did Woodgate, Bellamy, Duncan Ferguson etc etc always behave like choirboys?

There is some shite being spouted on here.  He is the same kind of nasty piece of work on the pitch as Keane, Jones, Bowyer (on and off pitch) Wise and how about Cantona?.  There is a long list of Prem players who have been charged with violent offences when on the piss and I wont name them all as it would take all week.  Suffice to say, Joey is an easy target and sells the Suns brand of shit roll.  If we go down a minor percentage can be attributed to Barton, I'm more pissed off this season with none performances from Colo, Duff, Owen, Shola, and the remaining 90% of the blame lies with Ashley and Llambias.

If he goes, I wont lose any sleep as long as another 25 first teamers follow him off the pier.

To suggest Shearer is wrong in all of this is nothign short of ridiculous. Joey Barton is a wanker, and for once he has came up against someone who isn't frightened to end this mans career, even if it is only as a Newcastle United player.

This twat has had endless amounts of chances, and finally someone has embarassed him in front of the world. He will never even be half the player Shearer was and certaintly not half the man.

WELL DONE ALAN SHEARER!!...for you have publically shown your not going to be fucked around and you are going to show discipline is being instilled in everyone at the club. This sends a message out to anyone in football, Alan Shearer won't be fucked with as a manager, just as he wouldn't be fucked with as a player.

He wears his heart on his sleeve, his black and white sleeve, and that is something Newcastle need right now, not some jumped up little charva twat getting sent off.

FUCK JOEY BARTON! FUCK RELEGATION! HOWAY ALAN SHEARERS BLACK AND WHITE ARMY!

I agree with every word Shearer said but he should have more nous and kept it in the dressing-room. He's basically written off any fee we could have expected for him in the summer by ostracising him in the way he has done.

I applaud Shearer's honesty but question the logic of it. I hope Barton never plays for us again but I'd have quite liked a decent fee for him when moving him on. Never mind - far more important things t worry about rather than that odious little wanker. Club comes first. :) 

To suggest Shearer is wrong in all of this is nothign short of ridiculous. Joey Barton is a w*****, and for once he has came up against someone who isn't frightened to end this mans career, even if it is only as a Newcastle United player.

This t*** has had endless amounts of chances, and finally someone has embarassed him in front of the world. He will never even be half the player Shearer was and certaintly not half the man.

WELL DONE ALAN SHEARER!!...for you have publically shown your not going to be f***ed around and you are going to show discipline is being instilled in everyone at the club. This sends a message out to anyone in football, Alan Shearer won't be f***ed with as a manager, just as he wouldn't be f***ed with as a player.

He wears his heart on his sleeve, his black and white sleeve, and that is something Newcastle need right now, not some jumped up little charva t*** getting sent off.

I agree with every word Shearer said but he should have more nous and kept it in the dressing-room. He's basically written off any fee we could have expected for him in the summer by ostracising him in the way he has done.

I applaud Shearer's honesty but question the logic of it. I hope Barton never plays for us again but I'd have quite liked a decent fee for him when moving him on. Never mind - far more important things t worry about rather than that odious little w*****. Club comes first. :) 

Do you reckon that we'd have gotten much for him anyway? I seriously doubt it. A player's past is his everything, and he's never going to change, just like referees are never going to change the way they act towards him. Whatever controversial bad challenges he makes in the future, he's at least 80% certain to be sent off.

The way we've gone about it just means we can sack him before he leaves for pennies anyway.

People are talking like Shearer really hung Barton out to dry, when in reality all he did was answer a couple of very basic questions.

Was it a red card? Yes.

Are you pissed off? Yes.

The most he said was that it was 'a stupid tackle'. Which even Barton himself cannot deny.

People are talking like Shearer really hung Barton out to dry, when in reality all he did was answer a couple of very basic questions.

Was it a red card? Yes.

Are you pissed off? Yes.

The most he said was that it was 'a stupid tackle'. Which even Barton himself cannot deny.

bet he can and will.

And yet in August when it was suggested that Ashley wanted to wash his hands of Barton and sell him, a fair few fans backed Keegan's stance of wanting to keep him...

On what grounds can we rip his contract up?  ???

Well I don't literally mean ending his contract, but getting rid in whatever way we can.

And yet in August when it was suggested that Ashley wanted to wash his hands of Barton and sell him, a fair few fans backed Keegan's stance of wanting to keep him...

Aye, backing the manager to make the decisions on his playing staff. Weird concept, eh?

Was it a red card? Yes.

Are you pissed off? Yes.

Was actually going to say this... i've been looking around (briefly, i might add...) and can't find anywhere where's he's ripped the shit out of him. Can someone direct me to what he's actually said? ???

Regardless, i still don't think Shearer's done a lot wrong even if he did say to the camera "Joey Barton is a tosser."

Aye, backing the manager to make the decisions on his playing staff. Weird concept, eh?

That doesn't really apply when the player is embarrassing the club and the owner is paying his wages.

That doesn't really apply when the player is embarrassing the club and the owner is paying his wages.

He did nothing of the sort under Keegan.

Well I don't literally mean ending his contract, but getting rid in whatever way we can.

Thought that's what you meant when you suggested sacking him.  :thup:

He's got 3 years left on his contract and every week he's not involved another (circa) £50k leaves the club. Shearer should have been smarter imo. Suspending him until further notice sends out the signal he's persona non grata and he's now worthless to us. We'll be lucky if we can give him away now.  :undecided:

Are you saying there should be a different circumstance since he commited assault a week or so before Keegan arrived?

Are you saying there should be a different circumstance since he commited assault a week or so before Keegan arrived?

He never let Keegan down, so Keegan was happy to keep him for his ability.

He's let Shearer down already.

Keegan wanted him to stay, Shearer wants him out I guess. Either way the manager should be the one to decide.

He's got 3 years left on his contract and every week he's not involved another (circa) £50k leaves the club. Shearer should have been smarter imo. Suspending him until further notice sends out the signal he's persona non grata and he's now worthless to us. We'll be lucky if we can give him away now.  :undecided:

But within the club and in the dressing room, suspending a player who confronted the manager in front of the other players has sent out a very clear message as far as discipline goes and you cant put a price on that.

If Shearer or the club had not acted at all, that might have had a much more detrimental affect on the atmosphere around the place than the loss of money.

Guest Darth Toon

I get the impression he just wants him completely out the way while he concentrates on the serious business of trying to keep us up - the importance of everything else pales completely against the prospect of relegation IMO.

Owner of a company wanting rid of a troublesome employee in trouble with the law...weird concept, eh? ;)

he had that status at man city after beating up a team-mate and they got £5.8m for him. but i think it was always a case of cutting our losses with barton, what shearer's done doesnt change that one bit. the amount of slack barton's had has been unreal, time for him to be someone else's problem.

how shearer deals with barton isn't important in terms of how it effects Barton imo, it is important in terms of how it impacts the other players in the squad. if it is seen as the boss establishing his authority it will do some good, if it is seen as unneccessarily draconian and the boss lashing out unfairly, then it might undermine his standing.