"The" Must Win Game

Tsunami
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Portsmouth is a 'must not lose' game, Boro is the must win game and Fulham, if we don't beat Pompey is a must win.

7 points will be enough.

my head hurts after reading your post.

Portsmouth is a 'must not lose' game, Boro is the must win game and Fulham, if we don't beat Pompey is a must win.

7 points will be enough.

my head hurts after reading your post.

I'll shorten it to.........7 points will be enough (honest).

I think 4 games ago everyone knew what it would take to stay up. Three home wins in the last three. Hopefully the odd systems and team selections are out of the way in the games that we weren't expecting anything from anyway, and we're ready to take them three on.

I think 4 games ago everyone knew what it would take to stay up. Three home wins in the last three. Hopefully the odd systems and team selections are out of the way in the games that we weren't expecting anything from anyway, and we're ready to take them three on.

we havent won at home this year, but we will win the next three?...not

with nay luck, tbf i think the weird systems have been forced due to injuries, hopefully now we can get to a more settled system.

i would also like to think that if enrique doesnt make pompey, that someone else will fill in at lb instead of going woth the 3 centre halves option.

we should have viduka, loven, martins, enrique, collo and barton fit for this game (most from the start), should make a big diffrenece that.

funnier things have happened tbh, on the flip side, in the league, the only home games we have lost are thiose you would have expected, man utd, arsenal, and chelsea.

I personally don't think we will now, but for the last month we knew that's what it would boil down to. Did we really expect much from Chelsea & Arsenal at home, and Stoke & Spurs away?

I personally don't think we will now, but for the last month we knew that's what it would boil down to. Did we really expect much from Chelsea & Arsenal at home, and Stoke & Spurs away?

i predicted we needed 10 points back then, the stoke point plus the three home wins, and as you say, we're on course.

as i mentioned earlier, we also havnt lost at home this year against teams outside the top 4.

in fact, we havnt been beaten since sept by a team outside the top 4.

To be honest we really need the other results to go our way. For this weekend,

Liverpool vs. Hull - Hopefully we can rely on Liverpool to keep Hull in freefall.

West Brom vs. Sunderland - Need a West Brom win I say, although it leaves them only two points behind us.

Arsenal vs. Middlesbrough - NEED Arsenal to win. Middlesbrough can pull out the odd surprise when they are the underdogs though. This game scares me.

Blackburn vs. Wigan - Wigan win needed obviously. Another game which could screw us.

If all goes incredibly well and we win it would leave us 18th, 1 point behind Blackburn and Hull and 2 behind Sunderland. THEN we are looking at a manageable task.

However, it saddens me that we now are relying heavily on other fixtures. If these don't go our way we are fucked.

the reason it is boiling down to these three is because we didnt pick up enough extra points in the tough games. now there really is no room for error or bad luck.

actually it's because we threw away heaps of winnable points under :kinnear: when all the pie heads said we couldn't go down 'cause there were plenty of games left

where are they now?

but i presume you're taking a narrow recent view with that post

i predicted we needed 10 points back then, the stoke point plus the three home wins, and as you say, we're on course.

as i mentioned earlier, we also havnt lost at home this year against teams outside the top 4.

Interestingly positive stat that that i just checked out, you're right.

Since september we've played 9 games at home against sides outside the top 4. We havent lost one. We have scored atleast 2 goals in 7 out of the 9 games....the other two being the 1-1 draw with sunlun without Owen/martins & the 0-0 with Everton when we went down to 10 men early.

So looking at that.....as long as our strikers stay fit & we dont get any players sent off.  We'll get atleast two goals and we wont lose the game.  :thup:

Since september we've played 9 games at home against sides outside the top 4. We havent lost one. We have scored atleast 2 goals in 7 out of the 9 games....the other two being the 1-1 draw with sunlun without Owen/martins & the 0-0 with Everton when we went down to 10 men early.

So looking at that.....as long as our strikers stay fit & we dont get any players sent off.  We'll get atleast two goals and we wont lose the game.  :thup:

Pheeeeeew  - We can all relax then.:)

How many of those 9 games did you win?

If we can just somehow get three points from this game, with another week's training for Viduka, Enrique and Barton we could be well set to win against boro and Fulham with a near full strength squad. We just need to get a team out capable of getting us past this one to give us a fighting chance.

hopefully we will win against Pompey, boro and Fulham! But how can we expect that with the performances we have produced this season?

Should we win these 3 matches we might still go down! Sorry, for being pessimistic but i really can´t see us turning this around!

Pompey and Boro are in the s*it as well....they will not be easy games!

hopefully we will win against Pompey, boro and Fulham! But how can we expect that with the performances we have produced this season?

Should we win these 3 matches we might still go down! Sorry, for being pessimistic but i really can´t see us turning this around!

Pompey and Boro are in the s*it as well....they will not be easy games!

Pompey will be fine, and also if we win all 3, we'll be fine. 7 points MIGHT be even enough if Hull keep playing as badly as they have been. I honeslty think it all comes down to the Pompey match, don't win that n thats it.

How many of those 9 games did you win?

Lets not focus on the insignificancies