Newcastle United vs. Portsmouth-Monday 27th April 8pm *Setanta 1* Pre-match

joeyt

clever and bold move to drop Nolan and R Taylor iyam. the midfield is weak though, hopefully guthrie and jonas will come on at some stage. i personally think Jonas wouldve been in there for Duff had he been fit and shearer's gone for a like-for-like change to keep the balance theyve worked on rather than bring in a different sort of player.

no worst possible would have been r.taylor butt nolan

It honestly shocks me that it only took 45 minutes of non-terrible football to make everyone forget exactly what kind of "player" Alan Smith is.

I'd bet my life that we'll all be screaming our heads off at him within ten minutes after kickoff.

Its 45 minutes more than Nolan has shown. Thats not a compliment, but I'd have started him if Barton and Guthrie aren't fully up to speed.

This logic flabbergasts me. Smith has shown about 10 hours more of absolute shit across the entirety of last season.

It honestly shocks me that it only took 45 minutes of non-terrible football to make everyone forget exactly what kind of "player" Alan Smith is.

I'd bet my life that we'll all be screaming our heads off at him within ten minutes after kickoff.

Its 45 minutes more than Nolan has shown. Thats not a compliment, but I'd have started him if Barton and Guthrie aren't fully up to speed.

This logic flabbergasts me. Smith has shown about 10 hours more of absolute s*** across the entirety of last season.

But it was his first seasion in the pre.......oh wait  :-[ haha. i think shearer will have gone with smith because hes been making the right noises and however shit he is he is more likely to give his all than taylor and nolan from what ive seen

haha actually your right im hoping for a miracle but atleast we do have barton/jonas/guthrie available on the bench

It'd be better if they were on the pitch. We need to win this game, not try and salvage a point after that awful midfield trio have spent 60 minutes fucking things up.

Guest getalife

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c75/Kaizero/glory.jpg

I see Butt's got the red carpet 'over-the-shoulder look' down to a tee....... O0

Guest firetotheworks

Has he?

This logic flabbergasts me. Smith has shown about 10 hours more of absolute s*** across the entirety of last season.

We have no time to piss about. Nolan doesnt work, Smiths mobility and endeavor (in comparison to Nolan) worked a bit against Spurs.

Duff will screw everything up by falling over and losing the ball in midfield as soon as he faces any physical pressure.

Butt will be the perpetual mess that he is, but at least we have someone capable of holding up his diabolical limps forward.

Smith will be our best midfielder today.

With the front three we should still win this regardless.

Duff ahead of Guthrie or even Nolan is a mistake for me.

Guthrie has proved he is our best central midfielder and if Nolan is decent at anything it is playing as part of a tighter midfield three.

Guest ObaStar

james

johnson   campbell distin   hrediasson

mullins   davis diop

nugent     belhadji

crouch