Steve Harper = sub goalie?

geordiedean

he wasn´t bad and probably better option in goal than Krul. still a keeper I don´t like and he could definitely done a better job at the goal. I mean. what was that :dowie:

lame, lame, lame as always.

Can't fault him for the Gyan goal though.

There's plenty of tossers hanging him out to dry in the match thread, though.

I hope you're not talking about me. I'm simply saying that he made a costly mistake today, which I think there's a strong case for. I've not said he had a bad game, just that he made a mistake, which is what I've seen most people say, hardly the need to resort to abuse simply because someone disagrees with you.

Overall I think he's a reasonable keeper, but not great, same with Krul who I'm a bit disappointed with as I thought he'd use Harper's injury as an opportunity to really kick on and establish himself as our number one, which he hasn't really done. Either will do for us at the moment, but we now have a few positions where our players look like they're capable of taking us to the next level and unfortunately goalkeeper doesn't seem to be one, which is annoying because I thought it was before.

I hope you're not talking about me. I'm simply saying that he made a costly mistake today, which I think there's a strong case for. I've not said he had a bad game, just that he made a mistake, which is what I've seen most people say, hardly the need to resort to abuse simply because someone disagrees with you.

Overall I think he's a reasonable keeper, but not great, same with Krul who I'm a bit disappointed with as I thought he'd use Harper's injury as an opportunity to really kick on and establish himself as our number one, which he hasn't really done. Either will do for us at the moment, but we now have a few positions where our players look like they're capable of taking us to the next level and unfortunately goalkeeper doesn't seem to be one, which is annoying because I thought it was before.

I think he did make a mistake but his overall game was solid and part of the reason that we've come away with a point.

I wasn't talking about anyone in particular. Seeing as you've managed to produce a fair and balanced judgement of Harper and the game I don't see you as someone scapegoating Harper, apologies if you're offended by that comment.

Happy to agree to disagree on the Gyan goal - I didn't think he did a lot wrong.

I wasn't talking about anyone in particular. Seeing as you've managed to produce a fair and balanced judgement of Harper and the game I don't see you as someone scapegoating Harper, apologies if you're offended by that comment.

Happy to agree to disagree on the Gyan goal - I didn't think he did a lot wrong.

Fair play, I just wondered because I think it was your post I replied to in the match thread.

His f*** up cost us a goal, basic goalkeeping is that you dont parry a ball back into the 6 yard box

Aye because a goalkeeper catches every single ball that comes towards him. It was either punch into the crowd of players and hope it doesn't land at anyone, or let it go in.

I think he did make a mistake but his overall game was solid and part of the reason that we've come away with a point.

I agree. I just think it was a pretty bad mistake and therefore worthy of comment.

His f*** up cost us a goal, basic goalkeeping is that you dont parry a ball back into the 6 yard box

Aye because a goalkeeper catches every single ball that comes towards him. It was either punch into the crowd of players and hope it doesn't land at anyone, or let it go in.

No it wasn't, I think that he could have held on to it, but even if you disagree, he could have used soft hands to take the sting out of it and then gathered it, like I said before, if he'd have done that and been beaten to it by Gyan then I wouldn't be criticising him. However he didn't do that he pushed it out and away from himself right into the middle of the area where he knew there was a load of players including at least two makems, and he did so with a force that meant that even if it had gone to one of our players it would probably have ended up in the back of the net anyway. The option he chose was almost certain to see us concede, whereas the others at worst might have seen us concede and at best wouldn't have. I think if he'd have tried to hold on to it he would have, he should have at least tried.

Guest Rey Mysterio

No it wasn't, I think that he could have held on to it, but even if you disagree, he could have used soft hands to take the sting out of it and then gathered it, like I said before, if he'd have done that and been beaten to it by Gyan then I wouldn't be criticising him. However he didn't do that he pushed it out and away from himself right into the middle of the area where he knew there was a load of players including at least two makems, and he did so with a force that meant that even if it had gone to one of our players it would probably have ended up in the back of the net anyway. The option he chose was almost certain to see us concede, whereas the others at worst might have seen us concede and at best wouldn't have. I think if he'd have tried to hold on to it he would have, he should have at least tried.

:thup:  Exactly.