Steve Harper = sub goalie?

geordiedean

Very good save yesterday.

I'd still prefer Krul like.. reckon he's more agile and more commanding in the air. But Harper has always been reliable so no complaints here..

I honestly don't know what some folk watch.

I'd still prefer Krul like.. reckon he's more agile and more commanding in the air. But Harper has always been reliable so no complaints here..

er.. Would you say Harper is better at dealing with crosses? I know Krul dropped the ball a couple of times but his physique alone gives him an advantage over Harper in that respect..

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

er.. Would you say Harper is better at dealing with crosses? I know Krul dropped the ball a couple of times but his physique alone gives him an advantage over Harper in that respect..

Krul's thrown us into trouble quite  a lot with him failing to deal with corners/crosses- coming out and dropping or missing them completely. In that respect, Harper is a lot calmer and stronger.

er.. Would you say Harper is better at dealing with crosses?

Yes, without doubt.

er.. Would you say Harper is better at dealing with crosses?

Yes, without doubt.

well, I honestly don't know what some folk watch

peter crouch

Krul's thrown us into trouble quite  a lot with him failing to deal with corners/crosses- coming out and dropping or missing them completely. In that respect, Harper is a lot calmer and stronger.

Harper doesn't come for most of them, whereas Krul was very gung ho to start with but looks unsure since getting a few wrong. Harper was very reassuring on Sunday, it was a good decision to give Krul a rest. Hopefully he'll come back stronger for it.

Guest Stephen927

I've seen Krul save one 1 on 1 and Torres hit it straight at him.

Sell in summer and bring Forster back.

Dear me.

I had a lot of time for Krul but on the whole he's been below average this season, bar one or two excellent saves. His positioning for the second and third goals was horrendous and his kicking continued to be absolutely shambolic. I don't rate Harper but he's got the shirt for the rest of the year. There's still loads of time for Krul but he'd probably benefit from another loan.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I did say Krul deserved to keep the shirt, and without trying to sound kneejerk, I do think Harper has shown why he's got the number one jersey- He's a better keeper in general.

Made some brilliant decisions today which kept us in the match in the first half. Was clearly up to the game today which was a plus. Can't fault him for the Gyan goal though. Really could only punch it out, and even caught Gyan by surprise. Solid performance.

Can't fault him for the Gyan goal though.

There's plenty of tossers hanging him out to dry in the match thread, though.

Should've done but better with it IMO but he was very unlucky that it happened to hit Gyan and go in. 9 out of 10 times it'd go to safety.