Barton Back

cosmic

Guest Schmocky

Can't wait to get him back, would play better then butt with a broken leg (faster too) and could pass better blind  :shifty: He is going to be a big player for us if fit. Hopefully won't need few games to get in the swing of things. Hit the floor running!

He's got better every week he's not played. His last return was pretty positive but generally he's not been very good for us since he arrived, so to expect him to come in and influence games immediately is wishful thinking.

Hopefully he'll get 20mins against Portsmouth and be ready to start games after that.

He's got better every week he's not played. His last return was pretty positive but generally he's not been very good for us since he arrived, so to expect him to come in and influence games immediately is wishful thinking.

Hopefully he'll get 20mins against Portsmouth and be ready to start games after that.

Fuck off, Barton is better than Messi, Torres and Kaka put together :shifty:

Barton is a very positive player who can get a team going. We really need him because we're not getting any leadership or inspiration from the experienced players at the moment.

Mentioning no names, Nicky and Micky.

I disagree. The man's started five times this year. Two wins, one draw, and two of our "better" losses. He was essential last year when we played well. He's our best midfielder by a fair distance. I think of him almost like Viduka in that he's been unreliable in his availability for us, but generally he's played quite well. Unlike Viduka, I think Barton can put his career back on course.

Imho that has got alot to do with his state of mind with the court cases etc and since that has been and gone hopefully he will repay us.

He's the only central midfielder we've got who can open up any defence and pick a pass. Hardly missed a match at Citeh and for a couple of seasons was their only attacking threat. But since joining us he has been Clattermoled, found other ways to break bones and gone to prison. Maybe he was always a custodial sentence waiting to happen but I can't help thinking we've got unlucky. Another case of the curse of Hughie Gallagher? 

I would bet my bottom dollar that after all this hope, hype and build-up surrounding his return that he gets dog's abuse after his first appearance for doing fuck all. People shouldn't expect too much.

Obviously I hope I'm completely wrong like but I do fear people are remembering him with extremely rose-tinted spectacles. He's not much quicker than the dross that's available already, for starters, and he's not going to be anywhere near match-fit. I think people forget just how bad he's been the last few times he's returned after long layoffs for NUFC, it's taken him a good while to get into the swing.

His presence and attitude are going to be definite bonuses though, I won't argue at all with that. He won't fucking hide like Nolan does, either.

Basically: I'm not expecting you to be our saviour Joey, but feel free to prove me wrong. Howay the lad.

Like Guthrie, he's no world beater (has certainly come nowhere near his best form while in black and white, how often have we said that?) but is light years ahead of the alternatives.

I would bet my bottom dollar that after all this hope, hype and build-up surrounding his return that he gets dog's abuse after his first appearance for doing f*** all. People shouldn't expect too much.

Obviously I hope I'm completely wrong like but I do fear people are remembering him with extremely rose-tinted spectacles. He's not much quicker than the dross that's available already, for starters, and he's not going to be anywhere near match-fit. I think people forget just how bad he's been the last few times he's returned after long layoffs for NUFC, it's taken him a good while to get into the swing.

His presence and attitude are going to be definite bonuses though, I won't argue at all with that. He won't f***ing hide like Nolan does, either.

Basically: I'm not expecting you to be our saviour Joey, but feel free to prove me wrong. Howay the lad.

He was very good the first time he came back this season. The first two times he started this season we got our two of our best performances of the year and two wins. He was instrumental in both.

I would bet my bottom dollar that after all this hope, hype and build-up surrounding his return that he gets dog's abuse after his first appearance for doing f*** all. People shouldn't expect too much.

His presence and attitude are going to be definite bonuses though, I won't argue at all with that. He won't f***ing hide like Nolan does, either.

He was very good the first time he came back this season. The first two times he started this season we got our two of our best performances of the year and two wins. He was instrumental in both.

Undoubtedly so, but am I wrong or was that after a behind closed doors game and a reserve match or two, though? No time for that this time around, which is what worries me. He'd be getting chucked straight in at the deep end with people expecting the world from him.

Undoubtedly so, but am I wrong or was that after a behind closed doors game and a reserve match or two, though? No time for that this time around, which is what worries me. He'd be getting chucked straight in at the deep end with people expecting the world from him.

Don't know if the world is expected tbh, just passing to a member of his own side would be an encouraging start....

Guest Schmocky

f*** off, Barton is better than Messi, Torres and Kaka put together :shifty:

Of course he's better he's there unwanted love child!!  :smug:

The only things i can see saving our season:

Owen being played behind the front men in a 4-3-3 with Martins and Viduka

Barton coming back

Guthrie being given a chance to start

Anything else has pretty much been tried and failed

Shearer basically just has to go back to last year's 4-3-3, tell everyone to do exactly what KK told them to last year, and pray.

Harper

Beye Edgar Bassong Enrique

Barton Guthrie Jonas

Owen

Martins Viduka

Taylor in for Edgar if he gets back before season's end.

Shearer basically just has to go back to last year's 4-3-3, tell everyone to do exactly what KK told them to last year, and pray.

Harper

Beye Edgar Bassong Enrique

Barton Guthrie Jonas

Owen

Martins Viduka

Taylor in for Edgar if he gets back before season's end.

Agree with that line up but would have Collocini there instead with a better and more mobile midfield he would be a different player.

The great thing with JB is that he's not scared of any situation. He'll always go on the pitch thinking he's the best player out there and determined to show it. Showing fighting spirit and determination is fine, but we don't have a player in midfield at the moment who can really drive us forward.

So providing it's not going to cause a relapse of his injury, I'd pitch him in.