Poll: Geremi under-used?

TRon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Geremi set up quite a few goals at the end of last season, especially for Owen.

He's just as fast as Butt and Nolan.

I can't believe anyone would be against playing him.

howld on NE5, just 'cause some of us or not for playing him doesn't mean we're against playing him   ???

Eh?  :dowie:

thought that was pretty simple!

Its a tough one, he is dam slow and we have enough lack of pace BUT his a decent crosser of the ball and we lack that too, for me though no not under used he is to slow to play at RB, to slow to be outwide on the wing and to slow to cover enough ground in CM seeing as Butt,Smith,Nolan are all slow and well Guthrie aint really quick but has planty of energy. If we had a CM that was fast and willing to cover a lot of groud then Geremi could have been used more.

I am specifically talking about using Geremi in the 4-3-3 where he did well last season. Even in a 4-4-2 he did ok against Man U alongside Smith recently, I think he is being written off because of his "lack of legs", but I don't think Nolan is much better in this regard.

I made reference to this in the Spurs match thread, Owen is only useful if people who can cross are playing. How many of Owen's goals were set up by Geremi last year? A fair few I'd say, without knowing the exact figures.

Really is scraping the bottom now like. If Geremi had a massively impressive footballing brain then his lack of pace would be compensated. However he has not got the footballing intelligence to compensate and we would be carrying another player.

I think a football brain is exactly what he HAS got and what other midfielders that we have preferred are missing.

Really? I beg to disagree. Plus he feels that he has to take every free kick and corner and you know that he will either hit the first man or sky the ball over the bar.

Whereas Ryan Taylor and Duff are providing superb dead ball delivieries? I realise we are attempting to polish turds here but seeing as a collection of turds is all we have to choose from we probably need to look at each option carefully. If you don't like geremi as an option you can make a case for an alternative who will provide more?

Calm down dear.

I would prefer to see our midfield line up as Jonas, Guthrie, Barton, Lovenkrands if they are all fit on monday.

I'd prefer to go for 4-3-3 if we have the fit personnel up front.

Do you think Viduka will manage 90 minutes? I would hope so, and would go with 4-3-3 if Viduka could last more than 45 mins but I am not sure he will.

I'd start it with Dukes up there, get Carrol on and into his position if he can't last. Owen's been useless of late in a 442 and I think Oba would struggle in that formation without the Dukes. Got to try and take advantage of what those two can offer us, and it has to be 433 even if the Duke can only play 45-60mins per game imo.

Really is scraping the bottom now like. If Geremi had a massively impressive footballing brain then his lack of pace would be compensated. However he has not got the footballing intelligence to compensate and we would be carrying another player.

I think a football brain is exactly what he HAS got and what other midfielders that we have preferred are missing.

Really? I beg to disagree. Plus he feels that he has to take every free kick and corner and you know that he will either hit the first man or sky the ball over the bar.

Whereas Ryan Taylor and Duff are providing superb dead ball delivieries? I realise we are attempting to polish turds here but seeing as a collection of turds is all we have to choose from we probably need to look at each option carefully. If you don't like geremi as an option you can make a case for an alternative who will provide more?

Calm down dear.

I would prefer to see our midfield line up as Jonas, Guthrie, Barton, Lovenkrands if they are all fit on monday.

Do you think Viduka will manage 90 minutes? I would hope so, and would go with 4-3-3 if Viduka could last more than 45 mins but I am not sure he will.

I'd start it with Dukes up there, get Carrol on and into his position if he can't last. Owen's been useless of late in a 442 and I think Oba would struggle in that formation without the Dukes. Got to try and take advantage of what those two can offer us, and it has to be 433 even if the Duke can only play 45-60mins per game imo.

right on, might as well start with our best even if they don't last

i can't see any mileage in keeping our powder dry at this stage of proceedings, shit or bust basically

Calm down dear.

I don't think he would no. But I'd rather get off to a good start with him in the team rather than bringing him on with us playing catch up.

Guest toonlass

Calm down dear.

I don't think he would no. But I'd rather get off to a good start with him in the team rather than bringing him on with us playing catch up.

Aye, you're right

In a 4-3-3 not a chnae in hell, not as one of the 3 attacking players and with only 3in  in midfeild you need 3 really mobile players.

He was one of our most productive players at the end of last season though Skirge. Plus him and Owen seem to have a good understanding.

I never thought he did that badly. Another case of people saying 'not good enough' without realising we have no better.

He can easily do what Ryan Taylor does, but alot better.

HOWEVER he probably isn't mobile enough in a 3 man midfield without two very mobile players like Jonas and Guthrie or Duff etc. I do think his passing ability could really help us though. Especially with Owen and Martins upfront.

In a 4-3-3 not a chnae in hell, not as one of the 3 attacking players and with only 3in  in midfeild you need 3 really mobile players.

He was one of our most productive players at the end of last season though Skirge. Plus him and Owen seem to have a good understanding.

Yep.

4-3-3 would suit Geremi better than any other player bar Owen to be honest. Let him sit deep and spray balls around whilst Barton and Guthrie do the legwork.

Guthrie doesn't exactly have the best engine on him either. But I understand the sentiment.

4-3-3 would suit Geremi better than any other player bar Owen to be honest. Let him sit deep and spray balls around whilst Barton and Guthrie do the legwork.

Guthrie doesn't exactly have the best engine on him either. But I understand the sentiment.

He doesn't but he's dynamic enough to be let of the leash and do an effective job in the right system

He doesn't but he's dynamic enough to be let of the leash and do an effective job in the right system

I think he'd be quite good actually just sitting in front of the back four in the right system. Got a good range of passing, seems to read the game ok.

if tackling wasn't the weakest aspect of his game i'd say that role would be perfect for him, hope it improves because I love him as a prospect

Such a shame as he would have thrived under Keegan I feel. Even if at the time I don't believe he was bought for the first team, circumstance has just placed him there. Although I'd start him in my team.

I'd take Geremi over Nolan any day. they both have similar pace and stamina but Geremi's intelligence and delivery is far better. Nolan is also incredibly unagile, if the ball is played a yard wide of him he spazzes out and he's so unwieldly he has to apply for planning permission to change direction.

Guys seriously, no.

I know it's hard to believe but Geremi is honest to god MORE immobile and unfit than Butt or Nolan.

Moreover, his delivery has long since regressed to Ryan Taylor levels. Remember West Ham at home? I do, because I almost spit in disgust when he hit the first man from corners every fucking time.

Guys seriously, no.

I know it's hard to believe but Geremi is honest to god MORE immobile and unfit than Butt or Nolan.

Moreover, his delivery has long since regressed to Ryan Taylor levels. Remember West Ham at home? I do, because I almost spit in disgust when he hit the first man from corners every f***ing time.

when he's played this season he has been more mobile than nolan and often seems to get good balls in.

desperate but i'd play him instead of nolan.

Last season under KK he did a job- showed us what he's capable when crossing the ball (in open play) and scored a beauty of a free kick against Spurs- he worked well with Butt and Barton I thought. His cross for Owen's first goal vs scum last season was magnificant, and he put in an even better one for Owen's goal against Bolton this season. So he has got ability.

But when he has played this season he has been utterly dire! So slow, and back to his usual abysmal corners. I know he got jeered off this season in one of our home games, under Kinnear. The team we were playing escapes me....

I honestly think he'd be no worse than Nolan, tbh. Although, the chances are he wont be much better....