Liverpool - Newcastle United | Sun May 3rd - 1:30pm @ Anfield - Pre Match Thread

Kaizero

I think that if we beat Liverpool we'll go down. Why? Because good things never happen to us, and beating Liverpool and staying up as well would be having cake and eat it too.

:lol:

So true...

Well, its looking pretty much on the cards that the losers next week when we play the smogs will be definitely down, the winners will have a last gasp lifeline to cling onto, and if its a draw we are both down.

True.

Does anyone think a loss here, win vs Boro, and a draw against Fulham will get us up to the Villa game still in with a chance of survival?

yes. The way Hull are going, either us or the smogs can catch them and it would go to the last day.

Well, its looking pretty much on the cards that the losers next week when we play the smogs will be definitely down, the winners will have a last gasp lifeline to cling onto, and if its a draw we are both down.

True.

Does anyone think a loss here, win vs Boro, and a draw against Fulham will get us up to the Villa game still in with a chance of survival?

yes. The way Hull are going, either us or the smogs can catch them and it would go to the last day.

Results next week will decide the relegation i reckon. Ours, Boro's and Hulls most winnable game by a mile.

Guest geordienorway

According to Shearers comments in the Sunday Sun I predict this line up:

Harper

Beye---Colo---Bassong---Duff

Smith------Butt-------Jonas

Loven----Martins----Viduka

According to Shearers comments in the Sunday Sun I predict this line up:

Harper

Beye---Colo---Bassong---Duff

Smith------Butt-------Jonas

Loven----Martins----Viduka

Wouldn't complain about that. Hopefully with Barton replacing Butt in the second half.

As long as we come out of this game with our goal difference advantage somewhat intact and with at least one positive to take into the next game I'll be reasonably content.

As long as we come out of this game with our goal difference advantage somewhat intact and with at least one positive to take into the next game I'll be reasonably content.

yes

Guest Phil K

A stomach churning thumping.

You know, in the "old days" you never knew - you might be pleasantly surprised

But you know that poor Shearer with the damage that Kinnear/Hughton/Ashley et al have done to our club, a "pleasant surprise" is one thing you're NOT going to get

The Colo pic with the couple behind them  :laugh:

Never mind them - theres some glum faces there OK

Guest Phil K

Torres confirmed out.

Owen confirmed benched.

Both good news.

Gives golden wallet more time to think about his horses.