Liverpool 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 03/05/09 - post match reaction from page 17

Dave

I thought Lovenkrands did ok today, despite not being properly fit. Looked comfortable on the ball, didn't waste it and did very well to outmuscle the defender for his chance.

I'm afraid I disagree, his ball retention was fucking awful. Weaker than water, just got nudged off the ball time and again. Correctly removed at the interval.

Agree with Pilko. He's very, very poor technically and was incredibly average again - first game in a while though I suppose. Just not convinced he's got the stuff required, but then again who has?

Also agree with the Barton stuff. I do think the red was harsh, personally, but I'm angry with Barton for even giving that cunt of a referee the chance to send him off. You could see he was nursing a semi as he reached for his red to send off Big Bad Joey.

Fucking arsehole.

I thought Lovenkrands did ok today, despite not being properly fit. Looked comfortable on the ball, didn't waste it and did very well to outmuscle the defender for his chance.

I'm afraid I disagree, his ball retention was f***ing awful. Weaker than water, just got nudged off the ball time and again. Correctly removed at the interval.

Agree with Pilko. He's very, very poor technically and was incredibly average again - first game in a while though I suppose. Just not convinced he's got the stuff required, but then again who has?

Also agree with the Barton stuff. I do think the red was harsh, personally, but I'm angry with Barton for even giving that c*** of a referee the chance to send him off. You could see he was nursing a semi as he reached for his red to send off Big Bad Joey.

f***ing arsehole.

You could see the fucking arse of the referee absolutely glowing in unadulterated joy as he reached for his pocket. Probably thinking to himself that he was going to be the hero that ended Joey Barton's career.

Doesn't take away from Barton's stupidity though. You know he's going to be out to get you. Why make the reckless challenge when you're not even in a dangerous area?

Didn't pick this up via the telecast - as i was away from my viewing set, on a couple of occasions - but i refer to the The Independent's post match review.

This observation and i'm paraphrasing ,"Mike Ashley, in the directors box, chuckled as Shearer was teased by the home support with the 'You should've stayed on the telly' chant.

Disappointing to say the very least, if true.

Didn't pick this up via the telecast - as i was away from my viewing set, on a couple of occasions - but i refer to the The Independent's post match review.

This observation and i'm paraphrasing ,"Mike Ashley, in the directors box, chuckled as Shearer was teased by the home support with the 'You should've stayed on the telly' chant.

Disappointing to say the very least, if true.

:lol: why is it disappointing when Shearer himself acknowledged the kop, came out of the dugout, and gave them a wave and a smile?

:omg: MIKE CHUCKLED!!

The daftest thing of all is if we can get two home win that will probably be enough to keep us up. Even if we did stay up this year we have too many players who are not good enough on large wages that no one else will look at buying off us, so we will be in the same position next season.

We are so desperate for a quality centre half that can lead and organise the back four. (The second and third goals last night and the goal Stoke scored were an embarrassment to non league defending never mind premier league.) As well as two new centre midfields to go with a right winger and back up full backs. Too much is needed. The club is now paying the penalty for many years of bad management. It started long before Ashley came he as just added to the problem not solved it.

Hardly any positives today - the return of Barton would have been if he could just engage brain now and again for 90 mins not 75. Thought Duff had a good game considering he was at full back.

duffs a better left back for us than he ever was a winger

The daftest thing of all is if we can get two home win that will probably be enough to keep us up. Even if we did stay up this year we have too many players who are not good enough on large wages that no one else will look at buying off us, so we will be in the same position next season.

We are so desperate for a quality centre half that can lead and organise the back four. (The second and third goals last night and the goal Stoke scored were an embarrassment to non league defending never mind premier league.) As well as two new centre midfields to go with a right winger and back up full backs. Too much is needed. The club is now paying the penalty for many years of bad management. It started long before Ashley came he as just added to the problem not solved it.

We need to find a bunch of "Bassong's," cheap unheralded players who can do a job/be our best player. Ironically the man/men who found Bassong have left the club now. I expect a lot of Championship based young players will be signed whether we stay up or not.

Guest Darth Toon

Ironically the man/men who found Bassong have left the club now.

I'm sure Keegan won't mind helping with player recommendations if Alan asks him nicely.

Lovenkrands has looked ok up front and obviously notched a couple but every time he's been out wide, he's been garbage.

Had more efforts on goal than oba.

No he didn't. Oba had that shot that flashed over in the opening exchanges, and Lovenkrands did that passback to Reina when he got in behind.

Lovenkrands has looked ok up front and obviously notched a couple but every time he's been out wide, he's been garbage.

Had more efforts on goal than oba.

No he didn't. Oba had that shot that flashed over in the opening exchanges, and Lovenkrands did that passback to Reina when he got in behind.

Shit.

Well did as well as oba then. :)

That's exactly what he was like at Rangers.

It's a total waste of time playing him on the wing, stick him up front and he'll bag a few goals for you.

The annoying thing is, Barton was actually looking not bad at some points. Stupid tackle.

Duff was good again, he must be running out of steam, playing for a shit team where he's the only player in the other half who gives a fuck.

Just seen the highlights again. If I was in Shearer's boots I'd have the lot of them practicing basic defensive skills particularly from set pieces. If you watch how we line up for the third again you'd think it was Liverpool defending the set piece. How so many defenders can be so inept as not to be able to get goal side of the man is a complete joke, there were three players there waiting to tap it in. Is it something on the training ground or had they just given up? Who knows but it needs sorting.

As for Barton, personally I think it was a yellow but at the end of the day it was just sheer stupidity on his part. Alonso was going no where and he just lunged in. Given the players and crowd reaction and the name on the back of his shirt and he was always going to go.

We need to find a bunch of "Bassong's," cheap unheralded players who can do a job/be our best player. Ironically the man/men who found Bassong have left the club now. I expect a lot of Championship based young players will be signed whether we stay up or not.

Shearer's been said to make some changes in our scouting system but anyone really aware what kind of changes? Just whishing he hasn't stopped our recent youth based transfer policy...as that's the only way to go especially if we go down

Shearer's been said to make some changes in our scouting system but anyone really aware what kind of changes? Just whishing he hasn't stopped our recent youth based transfer policy...as that's the only way to go especially if we go down

I think signing players that improve the first team is the best way to go regardless of whether we stay up or go down. That's not to say I don't want us continue signing youngsters as well btw.

Owen, Viduka, Cacapa and Gonzales will go since they're at the end of their contracts so that'll save us about £13-£14 million a season.

Vetere is still at Newcastle isn't he?

Fucking hell, what wages are you basing that on? :dowie:

Still be a shitload of money mind.

Owen - £120,000

Viduka - £75,000

Cacapa - £35,000

Gonzales - £20-30,000