Newcastle 3 - 1 Middlesbrough - 11/05/09 - post match reaction from page 20

Nobody

I have just read through the match thread and its mental. Rollercoaster stuff.

Summary

HOWAY THE LADS  :clap2:

Viduka's a cunt  :dave:

For fuck sake  :rant:

TAYLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smitten:

Half time  :drink:

We are going to lose  :neutral:

Viduka's a genius  :thup:

Where's the subs  :mystery:

Lovenkrands on, Jonas off wtf, Shearer hasn't a clue!!!!  :idiot2:

Oba on, Owen off  :clap:

Oba is shit  :dave:

OBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :smitten:

Oba is great  :doh:

we could still lose this  :frantic:

LOVELYPANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smitten:

Shearer is a tactical genius  :celb:

Duh duh duh duh, Fuck the Boro  :wav:

Its like a schizophrenics paradise tbh,  :lol:

:lol:

Just done the same, there's some classic stuff.

I have just read through the match thread and its mental. Rollercoaster stuff.

Summary

HOWAY THE LADS  :clap2:

Viduka's a c***  :dave:

For f*** sake  :rant:

TAYLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smitten:

Half time  :drink:

We are going to lose  :neutral:

Viduka's a genius  :thup:

Where's the subs   :mystery:

Lovenkrands on, Jonas off wtf, Shearer hasn't a clue!!!!  :idiot2:

Oba on, Owen off  :clap:

Oba is s***  :dave:

OBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :smitten:

Oba is great  :doh:

we could still lose this  :frantic:

LOVELYPANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smitten:

Shearer is a tactical genius  :celb:

Duh duh duh duh, f*** the Boro  :wav:

Its like a schizophrenics paradise tbh,  :lol:

:lol: top post

I must admit that atmosphere last night was like SJP used to be. It was absolutely fantastic, you'd struggle to find anywhere in the league that produces more noise than that. Such a shame though that it is so few and far between. I really can't remember the last time I celebrated as much as the one Martins scored. The whole place went absolutely mad. That and the sheer heartbreak I was suffering after their goal really can't be described. I don't think it hit home until that goal last night how much of an impact relegation would have on me. I was absolutely crushed. The emotion over the whole game was something else.

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2009/05/shearercelebrateNNP_450x300.jpg

:D

Still not safe by any means, but this now gives us a much needed confidence boost going into Saturday. Something which we really need.

I felt exactly the same. When Boro scored, it was the first time that relegation actually became a possiblity in my mind. I was absolutely crushed, I couldn't speak. The others around me tried to boost the team and I just sat there with my head slumped in my hands.

Unlike Yorkie however, when Taylor scored, I don't think I've ever celebrated a goal like I did that. I went absolutely f***ing mental. When that went in, a little part of me knew that only one team was going to win this. Then when Martins scored, I don't think I've ever been involved in such a atmosphere in my life. A good 40,000 voices chanting 'Obafem Obafem, Obafemi Martins'. The 'naa naa Geordies' chant after Loven's goal was spine tingling stuff. For the first time in god knows how many years, the place was a fotress again.

Were Hughton and Calderwood on the bench last night? I know Calderwood has been sitting in the stands of late, with a mic, didn't catch a shot of Hughton though! Also, who was the kiddah with the afro celebrating behind Shearer and Dowie?

Could not past last night was just wayyyy to hyper, got in after match and watched it lol god bless V+ :D

Well done to all of them great fight back showed heart and they PASSED AND MOVED the players on the ball had an optionsm had runners was like a different team at times.

Biggest alugh I had was when I watched it back and at the final whistle, Big Al massive grin jumping about, congratulations go around, Al spinds around and went from massive grin to sad face in a nano secound as he went over to Southgate. :lol:

:lol:

I sometimes think I love you, Skirge

:lol: post I could not post, was still fkn hyper this morning, got some funny looks walking down from the bus on me own with my two flags still singing my head off  :lol:

Not much to add, a passionate performance and a deserved win, although if Boro had been a bit more clinical..........

Special mention for Duff, Butt and Viduka - if only you could get 30 games a season out of him !

Best atmosphere for years and one that MUST be replicated on Saturday - lets not forget that match is as important as last nights.

Don't think the mackems will go down BUT looking at possible outcomes of the remaining games, quoted odds of 5-1 could be a little generous.

Harper 6 - important save, but rooted to his line too much.

Beye 6 - Did well pushing on.

Taylor 7 - better. And better than Colochini.

Bassong 6 - Bit up and down, but solid enough.

Duff 5 - not BAD, but not good either. Forgettable performance again.

Guthrie 6 - Solid

Butt 6 - Solid but not the quickest

Nolan 6 - Solid, not the quickest, quicker than Butt.

Jonas 4 - poor, out of position, without much guile.

Viduka 8 - Good performance, knackered by the end!

Owen 4 - rubbish. Probably his last game for us? On ths form, no great loss.

Fuck knows what's wrong with Jonas, but he was not right last night. Owen was dreadful as well. Duff is not a left back, but he wasn't much cop going forward either in fairness.

BUT, on the plus side (apart the result, obviously, and the fact that I got a chicken balti pie for once), Viduka, although marginally slower than tectonic drift, still has the ability to make the ball stick to him (sort of an anti-Shola). Guthrie, Butt and Nolan got stuck in, and the substitutions worked.

Don't think the mackems will go down BUT looking at possible outcomes of the remaining games, quoted odds of 5-1 could be a little generous.

Looking at the fixtures, they're away at Portsmouth and home to Chelsea, and may well draw a blank.

The unpredictable factor is that Hull will play Man U at home in the last game, at a point when Man U in all probability will have the league sewn up. It'll only be a few days before the Champions League final, in which event they'll be putting out the reserves.

Like you say, 5-1 looks pretty generous. I think I'll have some of that.

Guest Wally_McFool

Fuck knows what's wrong with Jonas, but he was not right last night.

Posted this opinion somewhere else but I thought Jonas  did a good job in stopping Downing playing last night.

Boro knew Duff at left back was the weak link and Jonas helped him out a lot by chasing and harrying Downing whilst he was on.

I give Jonas a 7 for this reason.

Harper 6 - important save, but rooted to his line too much.

Beye 6 - Did well pushing on.

Taylor 7 - better. And better than Colochini.

Bassong 6 - Bit up and down, but solid enough.

Duff 5 - not BAD, but not good either. Forgettable performance again.

Guthrie 6 - Solid

Butt 6 - Solid but not the quickest

Nolan 6 - Solid, not the quickest, quicker than Butt.

Jonas 4 - poor, out of position, without much guile.

Viduka 8 - Good performance, knackered by the end!

Owen 4 - rubbish. Probably his last game for us? On ths form, no great loss.

f*** knows what's wrong with Jonas, but he was not right last night. Owen was dreadful as well. Duff is not a left back, but he wasn't much cop going forward either in fairness.

BUT, on the plus side (apart the result, obviously, and the fact that I got a chicken balti pie for once), Viduka, although marginally slower than tectonic drift, still has the ability to make the ball stick to him (sort of an anti-Shola). Guthrie, Butt and Nolan got stuck in, and the substitutions worked.

Harsh thought he had a good game last night.

Were Hughton and Calderwood on the bench last night? I know Calderwood has been sitting in the stands of late, with a mic, didn't catch a shot of Hughton though! Also, who was the kiddah with the afro celebrating behind Shearer and Dowie?

I saw Hughton in the bench area.

I saw Hughton in the bench area.

I'm sure I even saw Hughton up on the touchline too.

Butt's broken Alves' ankle apparently with that necessary challenge. Sorry if posted already.

For all his critics, Butty put in a good shift yesterday - although his classic range of passing was again in strong evidence. Lean back, open your body out.... aaaaaand.... dink it over the top to nobody.

Was one of the few noticeably geeing the rest of the lads up after we went 1-0 down and pulled back to 1-1, he was fucking loving it.

Still not the answer, obviously, but justifies Shearer's faith in him when he performs like that.

Calmed down a bit now, it was a decent performance and not a lot more. We still looked shaky at times, and whilst we had far more possession / territory throughout the match as a whole we were being bossed from about the 40th minute until the first substitution. The midfield was, as always, the weakest link and it needs some serious development if we can stay up next season.

Harper 7

Beye 7

Taylor 7

Bassong 6

Duff 7

Guthrie 7

Butt 6

Nolan 6

Jonas 5

Viduka 9

Owen 4

Subs both get a 7.5 for their time on pitch, they changed the game and took their goals nicely.

Good marks for the boss as well, spot on with his substitutions, plus the decision to leave Martins as an impact sub looks inspired and having Guthrie on the right rather than an out and out winger gave us extra industry when we were struggling.

3 more points and we're safe for sure imo.

Agree with you entirely really. From about the 40th minute until Martins coming on our centre mid went missing again and quite simply when that happens against better teams we get punished badly. Emna or whatever his name is could of easily scored that chance he had last night and it would of changed the game. The main thing is that we won though and this will give us 1000% more confidence going into the next two games. Guthrie should start in the middle ahead of anyone imo.

:lol: Shearer looks like he's having a shit or something with his new celebration.

Yes very weird seeing him go straight into the fist clenching.

Hopefully we'll beat Fulham with an injury time winner at the Gallowgate and he'll go running down the touchline with his arm up all the way to the mass huddle and jump right on top of it.

According to the bonus points allocation on the Official Premier League Fantasy Football game the best players last night were

1st - O'Neil

2nd - Butt

3rd - Taylor

:mackems:

Did the server hold up last night?

Yes...no problems at all,not for me at least. :clap:

Cheers. :)

Just remember, I tried on my phone as I left the stadium just to see the reaction on here, got a DNS does not exist error which was strange.

Did the server hold up last night?

Yes...no problems at all,not for me at least. :clap:

Cheers. :)

Just remember, I tried on my phone as I left the stadium just to see the reaction on here, got a DNS does not exist error which was strange.

Probably your phone network tbh. I often struggle to get online at half time and that, presumably because 25,000 other people are also spamming the network. :laugh: