Newcastle 3 - 1 Middlesbrough - 11/05/09 - post match reaction from page 20

Nobody

Could not past last night was just wayyyy to hyper, got in after match and watched it lol god bless V+ :D

Well done to all of them great fight back showed heart and they PASSED AND MOVED the players on the ball had an optionsm had runners was like a different team at times.

Biggest alugh I had was when I watched it back and at the final whistle, Big Al massive grin jumping about, congratulations go around, Al spinds around and went from massive grin to sad face in a nano secound as he went over to Southgate. :lol:

:lol:

I sometimes think I love you, Skirge

Guest Phil K

this guy deserve's a lot of credit, many on here has said he's s*** and useless, but he's 10x better than that so called 10 million international defender and he's a geordie and put's his body on the line

He has more balls and team spirit than all the rest together (maybe Beye excluded)

That one where Dowie's celebrating - theres some sour faces in NEWCASTLE tracksuits behind him, isn't there ?

http://uk.reuters.com/resources/r/?m=02&d=20090511&t=2&i=10065334&w=450&r=2009-05-11T212520Z_01_BTRE54A1NJE00_RTROPTP_0_SOCCER-ENGLAND

who's the guy celebrating with Taylor?

Xisco?

yeah I thought that after I posted actually. Can't blame me for not recognising him  :undecided:

Guest Alan Shearer 9
:lol: Shearer looks like he's having a shit or something with his new celebration.

Great moment this morning where I woke up, then remembered we had won. God, how long is it since that happened?

same here. I had this blurred vision of Lovenkrands' goal in my mind and thought it was a dream at first.

Guest Phil K

Dirty smoggie bastards were hoying coins down once they were losing.  Something canny big went sailing over my mate's head as well, dunno what it was like.

Clearly uset there weren't any kids around to molest or attack

Dirty smoggie bastards were hoying coins down once they were losing.  Something canny big went sailing over my mate's head as well, dunno what it was like.

why did boro have a kid in their dugout?!

Half-time refreshment?

I think i seen that actually, you must of been only a few rows in front of me.

Should have added I wasn't actually in the same stand as my mate  :laugh2:

Ah fair enough. Just there was a guy a few rows down from me got something chucked in his direction from the boro fans.

I must admit that atmosphere last night was like SJP used to be. It was absolutely fantastic, you'd struggle to find anywhere in the league that produces more noise than that. Such a shame though that it is so few and far between. I really can't remember the last time I celebrated as much as the one Martins scored. The whole place went absolutely mad. That and the sheer heartbreak I was suffering after their goal really can't be described. I don't think it hit home until that goal last night how much of an impact relegation would have on me. I was absolutely crushed. The emotion over the whole game was something else.

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2009/05/shearercelebrateNNP_450x300.jpg

:D

Still not safe by any means, but this now gives us a much needed confidence boost going into Saturday. Something which we really need.

I must admit that atmosphere last night was like SJP used to be. It was absolutely fantastic, you'd struggle to find anywhere in the league that produces more noise than that. Such a shame though that it is so few and far between. I really can't remember the last time I celebrated as much as the one Martins scored. The whole place went absolutely mad. That and the sheer heartbreak I was suffering after their goal really can't be described. I don't think it hit home until that goal last night how much of an impact relegation would have on me. I was absolutely crushed. The emotion over the whole game was something else.

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2009/05/shearercelebrateNNP_450x300.jpg

:D

Still not safe by any means, but this now gives us a much needed confidence boost going into Saturday. Something which we really need.

That picture is class, you can see he cares about the club just as much as us.  I know it's not like Shearer but I could honestly see him crying if we go down.

Great Man.  Love ya Big Al

Guest toonlass

I have just read through the match thread and its mental. Rollercoaster stuff.

Summary

HOWAY THE LADS  :clap2:

Viduka's a cunt  :dave:

For fuck sake  :rant:

TAYLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smitten:

Half time  :drink:

We are going to lose  :neutral:

Viduka's a genius  :thup:

Where's the subs   :mystery:

Lovenkrands on, Jonas off wtf, Shearer hasn't a clue!!!!  :idiot2:

Oba on, Owen off  :clap:

Oba is shit  :dave:

OBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :smitten:

Oba is great  :doh:

we could still lose this  :frantic:

LOVELYPANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smitten:

Shearer is a tactical genius  :celb:

Duh duh duh duh, Fuck the Boro  :wav:

Its like a schizophrenics paradise tbh,  :lol:

Ah fair enough. Just there was a guy a few rows down from me got something chucked in his direction from the boro fans.

Sour grapes perhaps

Calmed down a bit now, it was a decent performance and not a lot more. We still looked shaky at times, and whilst we had far more possession / territory throughout the match as a whole we were being bossed from about the 40th minute until the first substitution. The midfield was, as always, the weakest link and it needs some serious development if we can stay up next season.

Harper 7

Beye 7

Taylor 7

Bassong 6

Duff 7

Guthrie 7

Butt 6

Nolan 6

Jonas 5

Viduka 9

Owen 4

Subs both get a 7.5 for their time on pitch, they changed the game and took their goals nicely.

Good marks for the boss as well, spot on with his substitutions, plus the decision to leave Martins as an impact sub looks inspired and having Guthrie on the right rather than an out and out winger gave us extra industry when we were struggling.

3 more points and we're safe for sure imo.

Christ that was awesome. So happy we got a result. Anyway, my opinion on the match.

Guthrie has a brilliant delivery, nearly everything he stuck in the box hit it's target. Might be an option to play on the right for the next two games.

Nolan was odd. I'm not sure whether to praise him or berate him because technically it was unfair play, but who gives a shit!?

Beye is awesome going forward, constantly pushing right up the wings and picking up the through balls. Good attitude after the mishap at the start.

Viduka was great. Strong as fuck and has the touch of a genius.

However, we looked a bit shaky at the back and to be fair, whenever boro got the ball near our area they always looked dangerous and we didn't look very capable.

Duff, Butt et al all put in good shifts. However, it was the first time where Owen's anonymousity really hit me because we WERE playing well and creating chances and he was nowhere to be seen... I'll always love Owen but he needs to step up his game fast.

I have just read through the match thread and its mental. Rollercoaster stuff.

Summary

HOWAY THE LADS  :clap2:

Viduka's a c***  :dave:

For f*** sake  :rant:

TAYLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smitten:

Half time  :drink:

We are going to lose  :neutral:

Viduka's a genius  :thup:

Where's the subs   :mystery:

Lovenkrands on, Jonas off wtf, Shearer hasn't a clue!!!!  :idiot2:

Oba on, Owen off  :clap:

Oba is s***  :dave: