Xisco

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I was reading some threads from around transfer deadline day back in  September. I was being my usual pessimistic self and described the deadline day deals as underwhelming, while others were much more optimistic. But even I did not think they would turn out as badly as they have. Their combined playtime this season would be barely over 1 and a half games. Shocking waste of the last day of the transfer window, luckily for us we made amends in the January window :p

Maybe the gay bars are hiring?

Seriously hope he's given a chance next season. We've seen so little of him no-one can have a real opinion on him.

And pisses me off when tabloids have him on all the "Worst signings of the season" lists...

Seriously hope he's given a chance next season. We've seen so little of him no-one can have a real opinion on him.

And pisses me off when tabloids have him on all the "Worst signings of the season" lists...

Ultimately he has to be considered a terrible signing though.

Nearly 6 million for a guy I'd struggle to pick out from a line-up of somewhat similiar looking guys.

There's other circumstances that have effected him, of course, but you can't argue with people calling him a terrible signing at this point.

i'd sell him for whatever we can get unfortunately i think we'd be doing well to get one million quid for him.  Yes he scored 2 tonight against Ashington but they were 2 tap ins that he couldn't miss and for the 53 minutes he was on the pitch he was dreadful.

Nearly 6 million for a guy I'd struggle to pick out from a line-up of somewhat similiar looking guys.

There's other circumstances that have effected him, of course, but you can't argue with people calling him a terrible signing at this point.

Why can't you argue? How many goals have we seen from our highly paid strike force this season?

Why can't you argue? How many goals have we seen from our highly paid strike force this season?

not enough  :dowie:

Not many, and Xisco has barely seen the field despite how shite they've been.

I'm not saying its his fault, and if Shearer thinks he can get something from him and wants to keep hold this summer then I'm all for it. Clearly, he didn't get a fair go under the previous regime and there must be something about him to score goals in La Liga.

But when you pay 6 million for a guy and leave him to rot in the reserves, it can't be called anything other than a terrible signing.

Not many, and Xisco has barely seen the field despite how s**** they've been.

I'm not saying its his fault, and if Shearer thinks he can get something from him and wants to keep hold this summer then I'm all for it. Clearly, he didn't get a fair go under the previous regime and there must be something about him to score goals in La Liga.

But when you pay 6 million for a guy and leave him to rot in the reserves, it can't be called anything other than a terrible signing.

Can't believe people are arguring he's not a terrible signing,  he's got to be up there as one of our worst ever signings. 

I'd love to know how many of the 40 people who have voted to promote him to the 1st team have seen him play!  When everyone is fit he wouldn't even get in our reserve team!! 

Didn't Alan Pardew bench Tevez and Mascherano?

Yeah.

I'm not saying Xisco isn't a good player, just so far he's been a terrible signing. The two really have nothing to do with each other. Joey Barton was a terrible signing for us, but he's a very good player.

Yeah.

I'm not saying Xisco isn't a good player, just so far he's been a terrible signing. The two really have nothing to do with each other. Joey Barton was a terrible signing for us, but he's a very good player.

Barton has walked into the first team as soon as he is capable of standing on two legs. Did he prove himself a good player? Not really.

Shak, as someone who has seen every single minute of Xisco's NUFC career so far, both at first team and reserve level i would say he's both a terrible player and terrible signing.

Yeah.

Barton has walked into the first team as soon as he is capable of standing on two legs. Did he prove himself a good player? Not really.

Think he's looked pretty decent more often than not for us myself.

i'd sell him for whatever we can get unfortunately i think we'd be doing well to get one million quid for him.  Yes he scored 2 tonight against Ashington but they were 2 tap ins that he couldn't miss and for the 53 minutes he was on the pitch he was dreadful.

So when Owen does fuck all for 89 mins and scores a goal, then he's real poacher and class act?.

i've barely seen this guy play but if it's a choice of him or sholagoals staying at the club i know which one i'd be choosing

give the lad a season, but then if viduka stays and shearer fancies carroll as back up we might ship both

probably get a fee for xisco though, unlike shola, so he'll be a goner

Everyones moaning about our current strike force, but only 8 teams have scored more goals than us. Yes recently its not been to good, but come on......that was never the problem. Earlier in the season we were in the top 6 or something for goals for whilst being in the bottom half. Talk about misdirected moaning.

Xisco has been a terrible signing simply because we paid a good amount & no one watching him day in day out has seen him to be good enough to make the step up properly. Watched him a few times in the reserves myself & hes looked average.......id put ranger in front of him.

Still think he deserves a chance...just to see whether he just needs some confidence & hope that it wasnt wasted money. But it cannot be argued in anyway that hes been a good signing so far, hes given us nothing whatsoever.

Given that he cost the best part of £6m, unless someone comes straight in with a £3m bid I reckon Shearer will look to get something out of him. Give him a few games up top pre-season, get him properly involved with the first team and have time to make his own assessment as to whether or not he's up to it (and then flog him for £1.5m ;)).

This makes the assumption that Shearer is staying on, obviously. I think we all know what'll happen if JFK comes back.

i think he'll probably get loaned to some team in spain for the season to get him fit/see how he plays, with a view to bringing him back a better player if we're impressed, or sell him on to whatever team he's loaned to if we're not sufficiently impressed