Xisco

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• 1 month later...

Imagine if we had that £5m to spend right now, Xisco is a waste of a place in the squad at the moment.

How do you figure that out?, rather have him up front than Shola, even if he did score three.

Guest Stephen927

Imagine if we had that £5m to spend right now, Xisco is a waste of a place in the squad at the moment.

How do you figure that out?, rather have him up front than Shola, even if he did score three.

Hughton is clearly not going to pick him over Ameobi or Carroll, Nolan would probably play up front ahead of him, Smith too, possibly Ranger.

He just isn't going to get a look in and I'd rather we didn't pay him a decent wage to play against reserve teams.

I can't say I have seen too much of Xisco but those who do watch a lot of reserve/youth games seem to rate Shola higher.

Grass isn't always greener.

:facepalm:

I rate Xisco from watching him in La Liga a couple of seasons back, but I've seen nothing in any of scattered appearances to suggest that he'd be any good here. It all depends on the player and if he'll be used or have the urge to want to try and make a success of his time here. I wouldn't be surprised to see him loaned out to a Spanish team.

[/quo

So Shola scores against a weak Reading defence and all of sudden he's Ronaldo is he?.

Think he's taking up resources and getting someone on less than half the wage could probably do a good enough job for us and a better job than him. Hopefully sell him for a few million and bring in someone on loan maybe?

So Shola scores against a weak Reading defence and all of sudden he's Ronaldo is he?.

Nope but then Xisco rarely playing doesn't make him Romario either.

Nope but then Xisco rarely playing doesn't make him Romario either.

We shall never know if we don't play him. I'd like to see him used more often, just to see if he can hack it if not, then certainly sell if he can't. It bugs me to see a potentially good player waste away. 

Think he's taking up resources and getting someone on less than half the wage could probably do a good enough job for us and a better job than him. Hopefully sell him for a few million and bring in someone on loan maybe?

If we can sell him that's fine but at the moment he's using up resources anyway so we might as well make him earn his money. If we are banging in goals week in week out then obviously he won't play, but ignoring him last season didn't get us the goals we needed from the strikers who were preferred.

I'd rather see him start alongside Ameobi in place of Carroll, although I'm thinking his pace + Carroll's height and heading ability would make a good combo, but if Shola is gonna score a hattrick every game then I guess you have to play him.

Xisco is on at least 50k a week. No I don't have the proof but don't yourself otherwise. We paid nearly 6M for him at the 11th hour on transfer deadline & the deal went through in hours. For a young lad to come from Spain that quickly we must have been chucking money at him. We thought we were getting rid of Owen & Wise wanted to make an impact.

He's on stupid money & we need to get him out & get Beckford in.

Was he even on the field when he came in?

Didn't see any bright moments from him.

You obviously didn't watch the match then because he showed a handful of class touches and made some really good movement off the ball.  He likes to drop back from what I can see and really try and link up the play.  I think he'd work great alongside Carroll because he has much better movement than Shola and can also do the hold-up play well (unlike Shola).  Would love to see him get a start one of these weeks.

Looks far more useful than Carroll. Him and AMeobi up front would be better.

I've seen every minute that this lad has played for the first team and though I'd like to give him the chance he has in no way looked 'more useful' than Carroll

Guest Alan Shearer 9

He can control a football and has better movement. Carroll has the committment without the technique and winds up in midfield winning balls back when he should be assaulting the opposition's box with ferocity.